Autel Evo Range ?'s
2179 6 2018-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RMM7987
lvl.2

For about 3 months ive been trying to decide between the Mavic Pro and Mavic Air. Finally i decided the Pro was the choice for me (battery, range etc). This morning i found out that the Evo would be releasing 6/25 with a lot of similar features to the MA with range and battery of MP (My perfect Drone) but, being that I'm not really knowledgeable on tech i dont understand how the range will be achieved with the Evo.
In the Video i saw it says it would be using 2.4GHZ and 900GHZ (I think). Is that WiFi transmission? Can someone please clarify for me and how it would compare to Occusync. I live in a city which is why i wont buy the air but if the evo uses Wifi, i wont be buying that either. Any clarification would be appreciated.
https://youtu.be/KiBL7aVigak
2018-6-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s difficult to say right now how it will preform against ocusync until we see it in general use, already Autel have dropped 900hz which seems typical and similar to some of their other releases.

I have watched some new you tube videos and it seems to preform well, no distance videos yet. But again in the you tube videos to promote it, the tilted horizon is shocking and props in the shots could be a major problem.

I find it strange that they would allow some to test what appear to be some major faults and allow it to be broadcast on you tube, they have said there will be a fix for tilted horizon and I suspect they are working around the clock to get this sorted. I believe with this release that many will hang back and wait to see how this works out.
2018-6-13
Use props
RMM7987
lvl.2

I will definitely hang back to see how it performs. I dont want anything with WiFi, I wish DJI would update the MP to have it have the same features as the MA, I wouldn't hesitate and would go buy it right now. The 100mbps processor is also a major draw for me to the Autel.
2018-6-13
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft

I am also curious about the range. I think someone will make a range test video soon. A lot of people are wanting to know.

Here's something interesting and very good about it's camera -

2018-6-13
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

A 900MHz signal in EU/UK and NA regions would offer amazing range at even reduced power in most cases since less 900Mhz emittions. And also because the wave length it much larger..

Not surprising that’s it’s a disabled feature...

However most countries 900Mhz isn’t an open frequency you can just use like 2.4Ghz bands and 5.8Ghz bands..   and most countries don’t allow 900Mhz to be used as “ISM” either meaning can’t even use ur license freee on low power low gain settings for experimental things without some form of licensing..
2018-6-13
Use props
RMM7987
lvl.2

So if it were to use 2.4GHZ or 5.8Ghz would that be a wifi connection similar to the Air?
2018-6-13
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Depends on the output power and gain of antennas and micro amplifiers..

Also depends on compliance.. it is cheaper to be compliant with a open standard such as WiFi (IEEE 802.11) however it isn’t required...so depends how they handle the signals too..

For example, LightBridge on the P4P V1 and the Inspire 2 uses 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz and has far superior in most applications to the enhanced WiFi of Mavic Air .. and is somewhat comparable to Occusync.    However Mavic Air uses 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz as well but sticks to the 802.11 standards of WiFi and thus suffers signal degradation more more rapidly than Lightbridge or Occusync..

2018-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules