Remote RC lightning cable pops out with iPhone
840 7 2018-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nieto
lvl.2
United States

I have been toying with the Mavic Air remote and its three different RC cables and the sliders.  I reinstalled the lightning RC cable but since then when I remove my iphone from the remote, the lightning cable comes along with it.  I then have to disconnect it from the iphone and then push it back into the slider.  It didn't do this before.  Is it possible that I used the wrong slider ?  They do seem like they are slightly different in size but when I installed it, it was not clear which one to use since the difference is very slight.  What is the method to choose the right one if there is a right one for each RC cable?
2018-6-14
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes.  The slider is different for the microUSB and the Lighting cable.  I had to change the slider when I change the cable from lightning to microUSB  Hopefully, you still have the other slider.
2018-6-14
Use props
nieto
lvl.2

3-D Posted at 2018-6-14 08:37
Yes.  The slider is different for the microUSB and the Lighting cable.  I had to change the slider when I change the cable from lightning to microUSB  Hopefully, you still have the other slider.

Yes.  I have all three sliders.  So what is supposed to be the method in determining which one to use?  Did I choose one that was too large so the RC cable slips out?
2018-6-14
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I don't really know what the method is,  but i would lay them out and choose the smallest one for the Lightning cable.
2018-6-14
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.3
Canada

Design flaw and royal pain in the behind.
None of them work the way they are intended.
2018-6-14
Use props
Zigenbock
lvl.3
Flight distance : 189341 ft
United States

To be honest - I don't even use the slider. Just plug my iPhone in.
2018-6-14
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Zigenbock Posted at 2018-6-14 10:27
To be honest - I don't even use the slider. Just plug my iPhone in.

And i've seen many folks that do that.  

Mine has worked great since day 1.  That was the only day that I've switched it.  (it came with the lightning cable in the remote, and I changed it to the microUSB cable.

I don't really like the way i have to hold it just right to plug it in, but that is a very minor inconvenience to keep it neat and clean.
2018-6-14
Use props
Jmathews77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 810636 ft
United States

I gave up on using the slider and removed it completely.  Leaves the lightning cable free and makes it easier to plug in to the phone.  Using an iPhone X with a somewhat thin Spigen case.  Found that using the case makes it easier to plug into the RC if the slider is not present.  
2018-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules