custom buttons?
6973 19 2015-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jake1164
lvl.2

United States

What do you have your customizable buttons configured to do for you?
2015-5-15
Use props
Jim.young04
lvl.2

United States

this is a good question and I too would like to know. the custom button  underneath my left hand was preset to immediately shoot the gimbal vertical or horizontal which I think is cool.
2015-5-15
Use props
Dataway
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17152 ft
United States

I have my left button set to point the camera directly down and my right button switches me from map mode to live view...
2015-5-15
Use props
Fingerlaker
lvl.2

United States

Dataway Posted at 2015-5-16 01:32
I have my left button set to point the camera directly down and my right button switches me from map ...

Set mine up the same way.
2015-5-15
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Add me to the list.
2015-5-15
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Nice feature so I don't have to take my hands away from the controls -- swapping map to live view.
RC Control Settings (options).jpg
2015-5-15
Use props
espinosa.josero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8320 ft
Mexico

Verticals/horizontally on gimbal is a must!
2015-5-15
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also fly the Inspire 1 and it lets me set one of the buttons to change the behavior of the scroll wheel from tilting the camera up and down to panning it from side to side. So I've decided not to use the left button on the P3 because I'm so used to it doing something the Phantom can't do! But I do have the right button set to switch from camera to map view.
2015-5-15
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

I have my left button do the Gimbal switch between looking straight down and straight forward. This seems to be the most useful setting that everybody likes.

Currently I have my right button set to switch between FPV and Follow mode. Not because I do a lot of FPV flying/filming, but because I've been testing to see if it could be used to trick the camera to make the horizon level. It does not seem to have much, if any, bearing on that problem, so I might switch it away to something else. But to what? Map/Camera does seem like a useful thing for the Right button.

PS: Regarding level horizon, sometimes it seems to help to put it to look straight down and do a spin in the air 360 - and then put the gimbal up to looking straight forward again. Hopefully DJI will do something to make the camera more level more of the time...

-

Buy your DJI-gear, batteries, cases by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-16
Use props
dhills
lvl.2

United States

My left button is the the gimbal position and my right button is set to get me into manual camera control mode.
2015-5-17
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-17 15:48
I have my left button do the Gimbal switch between looking straight down and straight forward. This  ...

Looking at the options available for the custom switches doesn't seem to look very obvious to me. What choices can you select that will (1) set the gimbal to a straight-down view and (2) set the gimbal to a straight-forward view (level)?
2015-5-17
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-18 02:19
Looking at the options available for the custom switches doesn't seem to look very obvious to me.  ...

I have my C1 (left button under the remote control) set to "Camera Forward/Down". That means it will toggle between those two when you press it.

Please note that you have to be connected to your Phantom (everything turned on, iPad connected to remote etc.) to be able to make these settings. If you make them in the Pilot App without the Phantom turned on and connected, it wont remember. So while you can click around in the Pilot App 'off-line' you can't do settings (to my knowledge).

-
Buy your DJI-gear, batteries, cases by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-17
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-18 02:49
I have my C1 (left button under the remote control) set to "Camera Forward/Down". That means it wi ...

Thanks for the feedback. Not connected at the moment, but I don't remember seeing that as one of the options! I'll have to connect, fire up and check again.

Thanks again.
2015-5-17
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-18 03:16
Thanks for the feedback. Not connected at the moment, but I don't remember seeing that as one of t ...

That functionality for the C1 (left) button I think it is even the default setting?

I think I'll change my C2 (right) button to "Map view / Camera view" toggle (can't recall what it is called exactly). I have it in "Follow / FPV" toggle-mode right now because I was experimenting to see if switching the mode could be helpful to reset the horizon when it gets a little tilted.

-
Buy your DJI-gear, batteries, cases from the DJI Store by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-17
Use props
CHRISWILLIAMS29
lvl.2

United States

gil Posted at 2015-5-16 06:45
Nice feature so I don't have to take my hands away from the controls -- swapping map to live view.

would  someone mind breaking down each custom button setting for me please. I dont have mine yet. I dont know what some due or the benefits.
2015-5-28
Use props
salota8550 This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-5-28
Use props
QuikSilver15
lvl.2

United States

Dataway Posted at 2015-5-16 01:32
I have my left button set to point the camera directly down and my right button switches me from map ...

same here, don't use much though
2015-5-28
Use props
Raul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 348724 ft
Spain

C1 - Up/down camera  C2 - Battery info
2015-5-28
Use props
brian.r.kender
New

United States

Raul Posted at 2015-5-28 16:49
C1 - Up/down camera  C2 - Battery info

I used to be able to select map view, but that dissapeared with the last update. sucks.
2015-12-23
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

I would like an option to switch Red LEDs on and off with one of the buttons.  Would be very useful for night photography.  Have to go through the menus to do it now.
2015-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules