Advanced Calibration giving "MC to warm" message
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kilted Flyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

Every time I go to "try" to do a advanced calibration of the MC unit, it always gives me a "to hot" or "to warm" message to let it cool down. This happens even after I just turn it on after it sits all day without being used inside the house. I plug it into computer, pull up the software, then turn on the Phantom and when I go to the compass advanced calibration, then the message comes up after a couple minutes of running. It dosent give message on any other setting while using the assistant software.

How can it be "to hot" when I just turn it on and hasnt ran for more then couple minutes? Just curious if that problem happens with any of you guys. I dont have any other problems with flying. While I did have it up. the compass was in the area of 1350-1400 range.  I have the P2Vision V 2.1.
2015-5-15
Use props
lkbuckers
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same problem. I have the Phantom V2 3.0. Thanks in advance.
2015-5-15
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

This has been posted before and it is a known problem. Some have said to ignore the error and let it complete and everything will be fine. I have not done it in a while but putting the Phantom over your AC vent in your house when it is blowing cold air will alow it to complete without the error. Remember though if you phantom is not level when you do the calibration it will cause a drift when turning in a circle. I use a bubble leveler.
I would advise to still search these forums to read what others have said about it as well.
2015-5-15
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

I always ignore the error.  Close the box, and wait.  When you see the green checkmark it is done.
2015-5-15
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

There are two instances where you can get this message. The first is right after you turn it on. If you get the message then just click on it and ignore all should go well and the calibration will fish within3-5 minutes. If you get the message and you unit has been powered on awhile while going through the set up and RC calibration the you try to do the IMU and you get the message and you proceed the warning may come up and it really is to hot. Fealt the top of the craft and if it's really warm shut it down and let it cool before proceeding or you will be setting there for 15-30. Minutes trying to get a good IMU calibration and it won't because it is truly to hot. After cool down you go the IMU and in,less that 5 minutes she'll finish.  DJI needs to fix that glitch.
2015-5-16
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

I have a "Friend" that placed his bird in the fridge for a couple hours....got the same message.....continued with the calibration and bird now flys magestically....no real info here....just maybe a half of chuckle..  
2015-5-16
Use props
Kilted Flyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

Thanks. I thought about the vent idea. I do know about being level.
2015-5-16
Use props
crhea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4544 ft
United States

See this thread too:  IMU temp/calibration issues.  
2015-7-21
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Have to let it cool or cool it off and do the calibration first thing.
2015-7-21
Use props
moe3754
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1184 ft
United States

I have gotten the same message ever since I had the Phantom 1.1.1 and the FC40 both, I am getting it with the Phantom 2 and have read on forums that it is a glitch in the software and that you should just continue and you will be fine, I have never had a problem and all of my Phantoms have flown very well, but cannot say the same for a competitor Quad that I owned that said it had 12 Sat's and still flew away.
2015-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules