Flickering and lagging
656 9 2018-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SimonP291
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hello,

I have two major issues with my Mavic air. The first is the flickering of the video which is really annoying. As soon as I start recording a video, it is flickering most of the time. Even within 50 meters distance the video is lagging and sometimes I also loose signal. The antennas are set up correctly and I always fly with my phone in flight mode. Does anyone have advices to overcome these issues?
2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for raising your concern to us. I'm sorry to know about the issue that you are experiencing. Please check all the original footages in the SD card to see if all the original videos have this issue. At the same time, please provide some samples so that we can check it. Thank you.
2018-6-16
Use props
SimonP291
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-16 06:58
Hi. Thank you for raising your concern to us. I'm sorry to know about the issue that you are experiencing. Please check all the original footages in the SD card to see if all the original videos have this issue. At the same time, please provide some samples so that we can check it. Thank you.

Hi,
here you can find a short video with both issues and the quality of the video is the same on the SD card.

https://transfernow.net/114c61s4hr56
2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for that video. It could be the propellers shadow but needed to be verified. Please try to adjust the gimbal angle or test in a good light condition, but don't face towards the light source. If the issue persists, please select 1080P 50/60FPS to record and let us see if the video recorded still flickers and lags.
2018-6-16
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

If it's the propellers then adjusting the video frames per second should eliminate it. A lower FPS say below 50 should do it.
I have an ND16 filter fitted to mine and have never noticed any flicker
2018-6-16
Use props
SimonP291
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-16 07:37
Thank you for that video. It could be the propellers shadow but needed to be verified. Please try to adjust the gimbal angle or test in a good light condition, but don't face towards the light source. If the issue persists, please select 1080P 50/60FPS to record and let us see if the video recorded still flickers and lags.

The flickering has definitely nothing to do with the propellers. I have it in every single video. Even switching to 1080 and 50 fps doesn't improve the video Quality. Is there anything else I could do? I thought that my phone might be the issue that it can't handle the transmission. It is a Huawei P10. Shall I calibrate IMU?
2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for the information. I checked on the recommended devices for the Mavic Air. I found out that the Huawei P10 is not yet included on the Mavic Air's recommended mobile devices. Using a non recommended mobile device will affect the functions of the drone. This might be the reason why the video that you have is flickering and lagging. I will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the Mavic Air.

2018-6-16
Use props
SimonP291
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-16 07:59
Thank you for the information. I checked on the recommended devices for the Mavic Air. I found out that the Huawei P10 is not yet included on the Mavic Air's recommended mobile devices. Using a non recommended mobile device will affect the functions of the drone. This might be the reason why the video that you have is flickering and lagging. I will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the Mavic Air.

[view_image]

I didn't know that when I bought the drone. Is there any update coming which will solve my problems or can I return the drone where I bought it?
2018-6-16
Use props
SimonP291
lvl.1
Indonesia

SimonP291 Posted at 2018-6-16 08:04
I didn't know that when I bought the drone. Is there any update coming which will solve my problems or can I return the drone where I bought it?

I read in this forum that there are people with, for example, a Huawei Mate 9 which not listed as well but they don't face any issues.
2018-6-16
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

Since you state that it also present on the SDCard i would have thought that it would have eliminated the phone being a part of the problem.
2018-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules