LOST SPARK
883 10 2018-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M2bfx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49278 ft

Had a fly away in Sorrento and now its gone, unfortunatly I used Hanger 360 and NOT DJI app
My question is ...if someone else found my drone, would DJI know if this is been used by someone else ?? because it has a unique serial number
Many thanks
Barry
2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, the only way for us to check the flight records if the drone flew away is directly on DJI Go 4 app only. We cannot also check if someone is already using your drone or track it using serial number only.
2018-6-16
Use props
M2bfx
lvl.2

I thought, many thanks ...
2018-6-16
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Sorry to hear about your Flyaway.

1) Always put your details on the Spark - Name / Mobile Number including Your Country Code / At the Bottom just write 'REWARD', you got nothing to lose. Even if you don't give them anything, that 'REWARD' will make the person who found it think about $$$ and may contact you. If you respect the Laws / Rules you have no problem writing your details.

2) Fly in VLOS (Visual Line of Sight)

3) Sometimes when you are on Holiday, you rush out things, and thats when things go wrong. If you have sometime to dedicate for Drone Footage go for it, but if your schedule is a tight one, try to avoid taking footage.

Where you on a Cruise or you are staying in Naples ? If you are on a Cruise you can almost forget it that you will find it. If you are staying there I would take a chance and go to the Police Station and file a report. Ask for the Questura di Napoli - means Police Station.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Block them from using your drone, you can remove the sticker of the WIFI SSID + PASSWORD inside of your Drone, when the DJI Guarantee / DJI Care Refresh is Expired, at least those who will find it cannot use it. Just keep the sticker with serial etc... in the Manual Safe at Home or Drone Folder. Eg. I would put it in a folder where I have the Spark's Insurance Policy, on an A4 Sheet with a Clear Printed Version of the Serial / Wifi SSID / Password. I love keeping copies for reference.

I will do that so the drone will be useless to them, and force them to Phone me. Even that 'REWARD' will play a bigger role. Again you have nothing to lose in creating a label with your details. If they don't phone F****IT, if they phone Thank God !

This is not like a Mobile Phone where you can Find and Block the Drone. So you need to try making it hard for them to use it.
If others have different ideas, it wounld be nice to share.

Also Thank God that it was not the Mavic Air. I know that the Spark is precious, but I wouldn't compare it to something like the Mavic Air !

Fly Safe and don't rush. Hope for the Best !

2018-6-16
Use props
M2bfx
lvl.2

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-16 10:42

1) Always put your details on the Spark - Name / Mobile Number including Your Country Code / At the Bottom just write 'REWARD', you got nothing to lose. Even if you don't give them anything, that 'REWARD' will make the person who found it think about $$$ and may contact you. If you respect the Laws / Rules you have no problem writing your details.

I was going to take the AIR, thank god I didnt. The Spark was directly above me doing a Hanger 360, when it decided to move on........I had 14 sats and no issues prior to it flying, lost all images for the previous 4 days, gutted. will do a label and sort for my replacement Spark, and Air.
Many thanks
Barry
2018-6-16
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

1) Always put your details on the Spark - Name / Mobile Number including Your Country Code / At the Bottom just write 'REWARD', you got nothing to lose. Even if you don't give them anything, that 'REWARD' will make the person who found it think about $$$ and may contact you. If you respect the Laws / Rules you have no problem writing your details.

Sage advice there which clearly I have not done, but I will be removing the sticker immediately. You comments about not being able to bock the aircraft does raise the question as to why it cannot be done. Should there be a feature which will allow the drone to be blocked as in mobile phones. Perhaps as a paid for add on?
That said I do hope that the OP can retrieve their drone. I lost a racing drone a few weeks back and I know how hard that was!
2018-6-17
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

M2bfx Posted at 2018-6-16 21:06
I was going to take the AIR, thank god I didnt. The Spark was directly above me doing a Hanger 360, when it decided to move on........I had 14 sats and no issues prior to it flying, lost all images for the previous 4 days, gutted. will do a label and sort for my replacement Spark, and Air.
Many thanks
Barry

You are more than Welcome Barry !

Try to keep VLOS, so that you have also eye contact with your Drones.
2018-6-17
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

embayweather Posted at 2018-6-17 04:09
Sage advice there which clearly I have not done, but I will be removing the sticker immediately. You comments about not being able to bock the aircraft does raise the question as to why it cannot be done. Should there be a feature which will allow the drone to be blocked as in mobile phones. Perhaps as a paid for add on?
That said I do hope that the OP can retrieve their drone. I lost a racing drone a few weeks back and I know how hard that was!

Hello Embay,

I agree with you 100% ! Its bit funny you cannot block it, or the least there will be a Notification when your Serial Number is Confirmed as 'LOST' and someone else tries to register it. When they register it they should 'Record the IP Address + Track the Location of Use' and email it to the DJI Go Account of the Previous Owner who claimed his / her Drone as 'LOST'.

I think the easiest way is to remove the Sticker. Like that, they will never Guess the Password (AlphaNumerical Combination), and may be forced to Phone you on your Contact Details. No matter how much they do a Factory Setting of the WIFI, they will never have access to the Drone or can use it.

You can do a Label with your - Name / Phone inc. Internation Code / 'REWARD' (Dont mention money figures so if they come with your drone you can give them just a Donation) in the Battery Compartment where the usual Serial / WIFI SSIS / Password are found.

Have a Good Day Mate ! Happy I was useful to you.

2018-6-17
Use props
Electrifying
lvl.3
Flight distance : 150564 ft
Netherlands

Removing that sticker has no use. You can simply connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 and read out the Wifi name and password in plain text under the Wifi tab, even when you reset it...
2018-6-17
Use props
GOSpark
lvl.2

question for you DMX...in that case where it loses signal and an IMU calibration message, would one still be able to control in manually (atti) as long as flying with VLOS?
2018-6-17
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

GOSpark Posted at 2018-6-17 10:41
question for you DMX...in that case where it loses signal and an IMU calibration message, would one still be able to control in manually (atti) as long as flying with VLOS?

Hello GOSpark,

Keeping it in VLOS will give you the option to go run and make a Recovery.

If you have No GPS Signal yes it will go to ATTI. It will be a bit harder to control so best if in doubt is to land ASAP in the Best Flat Surface you can find near you.

The IMU Error can be usually detected pre-flight, so checking the Compass and IMU Sensors is a must before Flying. The IMU is not subject to Magnetic Interference so it very rare that it will give you trouble during flight. Make sure you calibrate the IMU on a Flat and Level Surface.

Like this you will Minimise the Problems as much as Possible Sir.

Anything can happen even when you do everything by the Book, but at least you will be aware of any Emergency Situation. When in doubt the best thing is to LAND ASAP to avoid any crash.

If you want to elaborate more let me know GOSpark. Nice day !
2018-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules