Dji go app says P3P, but I've got a P3A.
1180 7 2018-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slosey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7428 ft

Like the title reads, the Dji go app (for before 4) says that and locks in on the phantom 3 pro.  I do not have a phantom 3 pro, I have a P3A.  I cannot see anything when clicking on the camera, nothing but blackness. I suspect this is becasue it isn't actually connected to my drone. All other flight systems seem to work, altitude, etc. Just can't use the app while flying because you can't see anything and therefore cannot record or take photos. I really need this fixed, can anyone help me out?  I've reinstalled the app about 5-6 times, I've waited for 10 minutes after it says it detected the P3P, but it never changed over to the actual drone and the app reinstall didn't fix it either.
2018-6-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Try swiping the photo you see to the left or right (not up/down) and see if it changes to P3A.  That worked for me once.  
2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. Sorry for this trouble. May I know if your remote controller is connected to your aircraft when you launch the DJI Go app on your device? Also, may you please send us a photo or image that shows this information? Thank you.
2018-6-16
Use props
slosey
lvl.1

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-6-16 11:23
Try swiping the photo you see to the left or right (not up/down) and see if it changes to P3A.  That worked for me once.

There isn't the ability to swipe any direction after it has "determined" that the aircraft connected is a P3P.  The camera button becomes dark grey and can be pressed, but of course since its the wrong aircraft, you can't see anything through the camera.
2018-6-16
Use props
slosey
lvl.1

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-16 11:24
Hello. Sorry for this trouble. May I know if your remote controller is connected to your aircraft when you launch the DJI Go app on your device? Also, may you please send us a photo or image that shows this information? Thank you.

Yes, the controller is connected to the aircraft when launching the Dji Go app.  
2018-6-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

slosey Posted at 2018-6-16 11:30
Yes, the controller is connected to the aircraft when launching the Dji Go app.

Thank you for your response. May I know what mobile device you are using? Have you tried using a different device? May you also update/refresh the firmware of your aircraft, remote controller and the DJI go app.
2018-6-16
Use props
slosey
lvl.1

So, I just updated the firmware for both the controller and the aircraft. I've attached a picture of what the only option is for camera view in the DJI go app.https://imgur.com/a/5qRHLq9  I'm using a Samsung Note 8.  The ONLY thing I can think of that is even related to this mix up of aircraft is that back in December of 2017 my dad got a P4pro and I connected to it and flew it, to teach him, using my note 8.  Otherwise, I have no idea why it is saying I have a different drone that I actually have.  The app shows i can only connect to a P3Pro, my dad's was a P4pro and I have a P3Adv. HELP!!!!
2018-7-3
Use props
vinpor79
lvl.1
Australia

Hi, sorry to drag up an old post but did you get a solution for this problem. My P3A is doing the exact same thing. It's connected as a P3P and there is no video feed. Every troubleshooting step I've tried has not worked.
2018-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules