Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coheavand
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183051 ft
Singapore

Hi everyone!

I wiill be receiving my MA next week.

After reading several posts, the firmware seems to be an issue for some MAs. Not sure if mine would face any issues...

Should I update to the latest firmware? Or just use it out of the box?

Thanks for reading, and I'll appreciate any comments!

Cheers!
2018-6-16
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft

I know this might be a bit of a pain and sound time wasting. But I would update the previous updates first, till you get to the latest, as imho some of those who have skipped are having problems.
2018-6-17
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917844 ft
United States

See first which version it has and see how it flys. If it all works perfectly and flys great, do not update because you may be taking a chance of it flying like crap afterwards.
2018-6-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Datadogie Posted at 2018-6-17 00:12
I know this might be a bit of a pain and sound time wasting. But I would update the previous updates first, till you get to the latest, as imho some of those who have skipped are having problems.

Totally agree! Then end on .400 as that one is mandatory.
2018-6-17
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, its a lengthy process and seems to take ages when you just want to fly the thing but definitely up date all relevant hardware items, batteries, remote, Mavic Air itself and check app is also up to date. Mien went smoothly and I've been very impressed with. Best of luck flying.
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Once you are done activating the drone, you will see in the application if there will be a prompt asking you to upgrade the firmware of your unit. You can also check in the general settings on the app if you're in the latest version. You will know what is the latest version of your unit by checking at the official website of DJI: www.dji.com
2018-6-17
Use props
Coheavand
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183051 ft

Thanks for the tips! I was afraid once I update to the latest firmware there would be issues. But I guess the general consensus was to update it to the latest firmware sequentially.
2018-6-17
Use props
Grumpy D
First Officer
Flight distance : 18245 ft
United States

Do not. IMO The main reason is if you change anything before flying it you have no baseline. With out a known start point and you have a problem you can go nuts trying to sort it out. Simple example would be, you update FW go to the field for your first flight and it won’t take off. Was your Mavic DOA or did the update kill it?
Secondly You’re new to the hobby (I assume based on your question). You have enough on your plate with out trying to troubleshoot something that you’re not familiar with. I suggest you download the manual, print it, read it then read it again. When your Mavic arrives charge it up go to a wide open area and fly (in beginner mode). Enjoy the hobby don’t put yourself into unnecessary situations that will make you hate your new Mavic and or DJI. Got enough of those.
Enjoy
2018-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules