Spark question
599 4 2018-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
syclone0182
lvl.1

United States

We live in the country where wifi/cell signals are extremely low to non-existant. I've tried researching but so far haven't gotten a clear answer, can you fly the Spark with no wifi? I'm looking to buy a drone and was wanting to start with the Spark until I got comfortable with using one before upgrading to a more expensive one like the Mavic Pro.
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for considering DJI drone as your aircraft. The DJI Spark is one of the best consumer drones in the market today. I understand that you want to know if you will be able to use the DJI Spark without wifi. Yes, you will be able to fly the DJI Spark without wifi.  
2018-6-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Not sure if I understand you right!

Yes, you can fly the Spark without wifi, in gesture mode. ONLY

But:
The spark is creating the wifi, in which the RC (if you get one) or the phone is loging into.
The RC also creates a wifi, the device is loging into, if that said RC is in use/connected to the Spark (drone, others doing the same, 2.4Ghz or 5.8Ghz WIFIS)
this said:
No, if you really wanna FLY the Spark, wifi is the control modus, connecting Spark and flightdevice/remotecontrol, you can't fly the Spark /a drone without the/a wifi connection
2018-6-17
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

As Seven explained, Spark generates a WiFi signal that the remote or your smartphone can connect to and fly the drone. It does not have anything to do with the Internet.
You eill use WiFi to connect to the drone.
I would say if the WIfi there is not widespreaded that may be an advantage as there will be less interference
2018-6-17
Use props
brasda91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57159 ft

the Spark itself and the remote produce the wifi signal. you're not going to be out and about looking for areas with a wifi signal.
2018-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules