1688 11 2018-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donstil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177881 ft
Netherlands

Hi there Guys.

I am having a strange problem with a new Spark. The Spark was fine out of the box and i activated it and connected it with my iPhone.
All went well but the drone need an update before flying, so started that procedure downloaded the firmware in the app and installed the firmware.

This is where the problems begin. The drone shuts it selfs down someware in the update procedure, somethimes at 5% other times at 20+%
. Downloaded the DJI Assistant app on OSX but here the same thing happens.

Tried another iPhone > Same thing.
Tried another computer > Same thing.
Tried update V01.00.0701 instead of the newest one > Same thing.

Only thing that fully works is a restore to factory defaults inside of the Assistant app.

Is there something else i can try or do i have a DOA on my hands?

Thnx in advance!
2018-6-17
Use props
Donstil
lvl.1
Netherlands

Oh for the record, it's on V01.00.0500 now.
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

I am sorry that you are having issues with your DJI Spark. I understand that you are having issues in updating the DJI Spark's firmware. Let me help you with this issue. Let me post a link where you can get the latest DJI Assistant 2 Firmware. Let us see if this will work.

https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads

2018-6-17
Use props
Donstil
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-17 12:21
I am sorry that you are having issues with your DJI Spark. I understand that you are having issues in updating the DJI Spark's firmware. Let me help you with this issue. Let me post a link where you can get the latest DJI Assistant 2 Firmware. Let us see if this will work.

https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads

Whow thats fast reply, thnx!

I already tried the DJI Assistant 2 app but no luck there
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Donstil Posted at 2018-6-17 12:24
Whow thats fast reply, thnx!

I already tried the DJI Assistant 2 app but no luck there

Thank you for that information. I just want to clarify is the drone powering off completely?
2018-6-17
Use props
Donstil
lvl.1
Netherlands

Thnx for reply but I think i fixed it.

Looks like just trying it 50 times worked. No idea what wa different this time

But al the other Times is canceled and now it just said “connect to WiFi”. So I did this again and it went a couple of percentages more. After that the same error and so on.

So it’s fixed now. Happy man here!
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Donstil Posted at 2018-6-17 13:10
Thnx for reply but I think i fixed it.

Looks like just trying it 50 times worked. No idea what wa different this time  

That's good to know. Happy flying.
2018-6-17
Use props
PeterJay
lvl.1

I have de same problem with my New Spark, it does not stay on. The 2 center lights in the battery turn on after a few seconds and the drone goes off. It does not let me finish the update. please help

THX
2018-9-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

PeterJay Posted at 2018-9-15 20:29
I have de same problem with my New Spark, it does not stay on. The 2 center lights in the battery turn on after a few seconds and the drone goes off. It does not let me finish the update. please help

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask if you have another battery to try on? I would like to ask if the battery that has an issue would allow you to turn on the aircraft or not? Please try to use our DJI Assistant 2 that was posted on the #3 for you to update the firmware of your aircraft. Kindly let us know on the latest progress. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-16
Use props
PeterJay
lvl.1

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-16 12:22
Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask if you have another battery to try on? I would like to ask if the battery that has an issue would allow you to turn on the aircraft or not? Please try to use our DJI Assistant 2 that was posted on the #3 for you to update the firmware of your aircraft. Kindly let us know on the latest progress. Thank you for the support.

Hi DJI Tony, thanks for helping me with the problem.
I have two batteries but the problem remains. Try the DJI assistant2, but the drone remains on for less than 30 seconds. I made this video so that you can see what happens whenever I turn it on
youtube.com/watch?v=E-6WyMye2yw

Thx
2018-9-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

PeterJay Posted at 2018-9-16 15:26
Hi DJI Tony, thanks for helping me with the problem.
I have two batteries but the problem remains. Try the DJI assistant2, but the drone remains on for less than 30 seconds. I made this video so that you can see what happens whenever I turn it on
youtube.com/watch?v=E-6WyMye2yw

Hi, Thanks for your prompt reply. I would like to ask if this issue occurs on your other battery? I would recommend using the DJI Assistant 2 together with your other battery the one that has no issue with the LED light and update the firmware of your drone. Where did you purchase the unit?
2018-9-16
Use props
PeterJay
lvl.1

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-16 15:47
Hi, Thanks for your prompt reply. I would like to ask if this issue occurs on your other battery? I would recommend using the DJI Assistant 2 together with your other battery the one that has no issue with the LED light and update the firmware of your drone. Where did you purchase the unit?

Hi,
Yes, the problem occurs with the 2 batteries. I bought it in New York when I was on vacation.

Thx
2018-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules