NEW WAY POINTS
496 8 2018-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MountainTriguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57923 ft
United States

When setting WAY points it is possible to also get the craft and camera to be pointing in the desired direction? Or does setting these points only simply put the craft at a certain point in the air and it's up to you to make the proper camera adjustments?
Thanks
2018-6-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Using the GO4 app it just puts it at that point at the altitude when it was set on the dry run. For more detailed WP settings use DJI ground station pro with an iPad or Litchi
2018-6-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for raising your concern to us. I will be posting an official DJI video link on how to use the waypoint function of the Drone. Hope this video can help.

2018-6-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-17 12:41
Hi. Thank you for raising your concern to us. I will be posting an official DJI video link on how to use the waypoint function of the Drone. Hope this video can help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvvbMxQ9Hj0&start_radio=1&list=RDzvvbMxQ9Hj0

Thats a good tutorial - thanks for sharing  
2018-6-17
Use props
MountainTriguy
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-17 12:41
Hi. Thank you for raising your concern to us. I will be posting an official DJI video link on how to use the waypoint function of the Drone. Hope this video can help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvvbMxQ9Hj0&start_radio=1&list=RDzvvbMxQ9Hj0

Thanks for the video. But what I'm asking is. Is it possible to have the camera be set into a desired direction. So that every time the Drone gets to a WP the camera is pointing towards my subject, not just be pointing in what ever direction it was when the Start Route was selected. Also can the drone be told to fly sideways or backwards during the mission and not just in a straight forward line?
2018-6-17
Use props
MountainTriguy
lvl.2
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-17 12:26
Using the GO4 app it just puts it at that point at the altitude when it was set on the dry run. For more detailed WP settings use DJI ground station pro with an iPad or Litchi

from some quick research on DJI ground station pro. This just seems to increase the range of the drone. That's not really what I'm looking for. I'm wanting to be able to basically get the camera point a certain direction as it gets to each WP.
Thanks.
2018-6-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MountainTriguy Posted at 2018-6-17 14:29
from some quick research on DJI ground station pro. This just seems to increase the range of the drone. That's not really what I'm looking for. I'm wanting to be able to basically get the camera point a certain direction as it gets to each WP.
Thanks.

Try litchi then - though it's third party and you'll have to buy it through the app store.
2018-6-17
Use props
MountainTriguy
lvl.2
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-17 14:30
Try litchi then - though it's third party and you'll have to buy it through the app store.

My concern with a 3rd party app. Is if something goes wrong with drone while in flight. Who covers the lost or damaged drone? DJI or litchi?
Some of the reviews I've just read aren't very encouraging.
2018-6-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MountainTriguy Posted at 2018-6-17 14:53
My concern with a 3rd party app. Is if something goes wrong with drone while in flight. Who covers the lost or damaged drone? DJI or litchi?
Some of the reviews I've just read aren't very encouraging.

At least it will do what you are looking for - unlike the GO4 app. Those are your options as things stand.
2018-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules