Mavic Platinum Pro Feature Request
879 8 2018-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GrizzlyAK
lvl.2
United States

It seems that whenever I change from video to camera, or use any of the intelligent flight modes that use the camera (like gesture), that my video settings get mangled when I return to it. 4k gets reset to the next lower resolution, and my manual exposure setting gets set to Auto. There are a few other things changed too. It would be AWESOME if the DJI Go 4 app didn't do this and kept the settings I had before switching modes. I flew for a while with the wrong settings before discovering this display of poor programming and application design. Maybe that could be fixed in the next update? Please?

2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for bringing this topic up. I will send this idea to our DJI Engineers so that in the future this suggestion will be able to be with the system of the DJI Drones.
2018-6-18
Use props
GrizzlyAK
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-18 12:21
Hi. Thank you for bringing this topic up. I will send this idea to our DJI Engineers so that in the future this suggestion will be able to be with the system of the DJI Drones.

One other setting I noticed getting reset periodically, was the tilt up 30" setting, which I keep on. Sometimes it would toggle off. I didn't do enough testing to figure out what caused it, but it did happen.

Thanks!
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GrizzlyAK, the camera settings will change automatically due to some intelligent flight modes require proper exposure. I'm afraid that these modes might be failed if the light is too dark or too bright. Therefore, we suggest using the recommended camera settings to ensure the performance. If you have special requirements in the camera settings, I'll advise flying manually.

As for gimbal reset, does the issue appear frequently? Do you reset the camera settings or connect Goggles before? Please kindly offer more details for better assistance, thanks in advance!
2018-6-19
Use props
GrizzlyAK
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-19 01:33
GrizzlyAK, the camera settings will change automatically due to some intelligent flight modes require proper exposure. I'm afraid that these modes might be failed if the light is too dark or too bright. Therefore, we suggest using the recommended camera settings to ensure the performance. If you have special requirements in the camera settings, I'll advise flying manually.

As for gimbal reset, does the issue appear frequently? Do you reset the camera settings or connect Goggles before? Please kindly offer more details for better assistance, thanks in advance!

Hi Susan, I understand that. But the issue is that when I go from Normal mode to, say, Gesture mode, which takes still images, it switches to camera (from video) and sets the required camera settings. That's fine. The problem is, when I exit Gesture and return to Normal mode (video), many of the video settings I had before changing modes have changed (like resolution!). There is no need for this to occur. I can see if perhaps you go from Normal to Active Track, which uses video as well, that video settings must be changed from what you were using on Normal. However, good design and programming practices would suggest that the SW would remember the Normal state of both the Camera and Video settings so that when you return from an intelligent flight mode, they'd be reset to what you had (and what you expect them to be). That is, each mode would remember all the settings (that can possibly change) when leaving that mode for another, so that they can be reset when that mode is entered again. Make sense?

When flying normal, I use specific video settings pretty much all the time for predictability. These seemingly random changes after changing flight modes adds a level of unpredictability and requires a lot of effort to recheck settings all the time.
2018-6-19
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

I think its called 'Seeing The Bigger Picture'!
2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GrizzlyAK Posted at 2018-6-19 10:31
Hi Susan, I understand that. But the issue is that when I go from Normal mode to, say, Gesture mode, which takes still images, it switches to camera (from video) and sets the required camera settings. That's fine. The problem is, when I exit Gesture and return to Normal mode (video), many of the video settings I had before changing modes have changed (like resolution!). There is no need for this to occur. I can see if perhaps you go from Normal to Active Track, which uses video as well, that video settings must be changed from what you were using on Normal. However, good design and programming practices would suggest that the SW would remember the Normal state of both the Camera and Video settings so that when you return from an intelligent flight mode, they'd be reset to what you had (and what you expect them to be). That is, each mode would remember all the settings (that can possibly change) when leaving that mode for another, so that they can be reset when that mode is entered again. Make sense?

When flying normal, I use specific video settings pretty much all the time for predictability. These seemingly random changes after changing flight modes adds a level of unpredictability and requires a lot of effort to recheck settings all the time.

Thanks for the clarification. Hope the engineers consider this in the future.
2018-6-28
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

It should not be difficult to allow user save the camera setting to a custom mode. It’s easy to switch back to the custom mode to get all settings back.
2018-6-28
Use props
Merced69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327096 ft
Canada

GDL Posted at 2018-6-28 06:05
It should not be difficult to allow user save the camera setting to a custom mode. It’s easy to switch back to the custom mode to get all settings back.

Yes, I would love to see an option to have at least one user saved camera setup.  You could adjust everything you want for your preferences, save it.  Then as you experiment, it would be easy to switch back, or if any automatic mode changes, once again, one step to set everything back to the way you want it.  (modern electronics, I am sure it would be easy to have more than one saved setting.....but at least one)
2018-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules