Travel with drone
2541 10 2015-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phichaklim
lvl.2

Thailand

Any of you guys know where to get the info for rules and regulations to fly drone in other countries. As I plan to travel with my drone to video and taking photos.

2015-5-16
Use props
waterglobe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1596381 ft
Estonia

I have been travelling to several countries (Sweden, Germany, Netherlands, US) with the drone. Never any problem at the airports. Brought it as hand luggage.
But be careful about the local regulations, in some countries it's totally forbidden to fly. Heard of people being heavily taxed by custom in some developing countries, don't remember where though.
2015-5-16
Use props
phichaklim
lvl.2

Thailand

waterglobe Posted at 2015-5-16 19:02
I have been travelling to several countries (Sweden, Germany, Netherlands, US) with the drone. Never ...

Do you any web that has those rules and regulations to fly drone in each countries?
2015-5-17
Use props
bactrimforte
lvl.2

Italy

I have been travelling to several countries (Sweden, Germany, Netherlands, US) with the drone. Never ...

Around EU you shouldn't have any problems. At least I never had. Had some with a reflex camera years ago returning from southeast asia, for custom taxes, they asked 300€ for import taxes! Fortunately I had an e-invoice on my email so was everything clear I bought in Italy. From that point every time I leave Italy I have a copy of invoice with me.

For flight laws, be careful in developing country, bribery won't let you operate respecting rules ;)
2015-5-18
Use props
waterglobe
lvl.1
Sweden

phichaklim@me.c Posted at 2015-5-18 13:43
Do you any web that has those rules and regulations to fly drone in each countries?

No. But that is a very interesting subject - we should start a thread abbout it and everyone can contribute.
2015-5-19
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United Kingdom

What do you carry your Phantom in when packing as carry on, thanks - Adam
2015-5-19
Use props
waterglobe
lvl.1
Sweden

Adamation Posted at 2015-5-19 18:34
What do you carry your Phantom in when packing as carry on, thanks - Adam

So far, with my P2, I had one of those very cheap €35 soft backpacks ordered on amazon or ebay. Poor quality material but did the trick for a while. Don't like hard cases - they often tend to become to big to be carry on luggage and they are in general a pain to handle unless you only fly from your car.

Now, I am looking into finding a better quality backpack that can take my P3P and that is available for shipping to Sweden.
2015-5-19
Use props
Phantastic
lvl.1

United Kingdom

That is very interesting as I am soon to fly with my P3 out to Poland.

Did you have any issues carrying such a large battery in hand luggage, or did you put it into your main (hold)  luggage?  

Anyone know any regs regarding flying drones in Poland?

Thanks
2015-5-19
Use props
waterglobe
lvl.1
Sweden

Phantastic Posted at 2015-5-19 22:07
That is very interesting as I am soon to fly with my P3 out to Poland.

Did you have any issues ca ...

Never any problems with the batteries in hand luggage. I think that is preferred by aviation safety.
2015-5-19
Use props
steven.sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

Can't stress enough - do not pack batteries of any kind especially Phantom batteries in the hold luggage.
2015-5-19
Use props
Phantastic
lvl.1

Poland

I went through security with my Phantom and all accessories yesterday without any questions.  Thanks for the advice.
2015-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules