Pull a picture from a video
748 16 2018-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave Kane
lvl.3
Brazil

Is there a way to pull a photo from a video? As in, pause a video at a good spot and do a sort of screen capture or something like that to get a picture of that moment?

And is there a way to include a photo in a video? I use Davinci Resolve but could use another app if needed.

Thanks for your help!

Beautiful pic, by the way...
2018-6-23
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

Just play the video frame by frame until you see the frame you want, print screen and either save to Paint or if you have One Drive installed, it is in your OneDrive's pictures/screenshot folder.

That is how I get my stills
If you need the picture enlarged for wall posters, I use this online enlarger:
http://waifu2x.udp.jp/
You should be able to split the video where you want to put the picture, drop the picture in the spot and it should default to either 5, 7 or 10 second duration adjustable frome there.
2018-6-23
Use props
Dave Kane
lvl.3
Brazil

pmshop Posted at 2018-6-23 04:35
Just play the video frame by frame until you see the frame you want, print screen and either save to Paint or if you have One Drive installed, it is in your OneDrive's pictures/screenshot folder.

Thanks so much! Do you mean print screen of the computer itself, or within the video app? Do you lose a lot of quality that way?
2018-6-23
Use props
Sidd Finch
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

your video editing software should have the ability to export a frame as a jpeg. for DaVinci Resolve:

1. Scrub to the image that you would like to export.
2. Click over to the color workspace
3. From the menu bar choose "View > Stills > Grab Stills"
4. This puts a still over in the Gallery area
5. Right click (secondary click) on the image that was just created and select "Export"
6. Choose Export settings and then save the file where you would like

to import you can do this by a setting in the Storage section, dots at top, in the media page.

Sidd
2018-6-23
Use props
Dave Kane
lvl.3
Brazil

Sidd Finch Posted at 2018-6-23 05:12
your video editing software should have the ability to export a frame as a jpeg. for DaVinci Resolve:

Awesome, thanks so much!
2018-6-23
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Just play the video frame by frame until you see the frame you want, print screen and either save to Paint or if you have One Drive installed, it is in your OneDrive's pictures/screenshot folder.

Did you edit the picture PMShop or is it a still from your Videos ?

Its MARVELOUS ! Very Impressed !

10+ / 10 !

2018-6-23
Use props
Dave Kane
lvl.3
Brazil

Sidd Finch Posted at 2018-6-23 05:12

Hmm, I grabbed the still up to step 3, but can't find the picture anywhere in the gallery or elsewhere
2018-6-23
Use props
Dave Kane
lvl.3
Brazil

Dave Kane Posted at 2018-6-23 05:21
Hmm, I grabbed the still up to step 3, but can't find the picture anywhere in the gallery or elsewhere

Found it! Thanks.
2018-6-23
Use props
Sidd Finch
lvl.4
United States

Glad it worked for you

Sidd
2018-6-23
Use props
Dave Kane
lvl.3
Brazil

Here's a couple I pulled out

2018-6-23
Use props
Sidd Finch
lvl.4
United States

I really like that second shot. Nice

Sidd
2018-6-23
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-23 05:14
Did you edit the picture PMShop or is it a still from your Videos ?

Its MARVELOUS ! Very Impressed !

Still from a video, thanks!

And there you go...outstanding screen grabs!

2018-6-23
Use props
Mark S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41801 ft
United States

Sid,

I have not heard about DaVinci Resolve.  The functionality is very impressive.  It also appears there is a free version.

Questions:
1) Are you using the free version and does it have enough features that makes it worth using?
2) It looks complex.  What is the learning curve?

Thanks, Mark
2018-6-23
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

nice shot !
2018-6-23
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

nice one !
2018-6-23
Use props
Dave Kane
lvl.3
Brazil

Mark S Posted at 2018-6-23 11:51
Sid,

I have not heard about DaVinci Resolve.  The functionality is very impressive.  It also appears there is a free version.

I am definitely an amateur at video editing but have found Resolve to be fairly easy to use thanks to tons of instructional youtube videos and the manual, and a friend that does a lot of editing says it's an amazing app equal to the ones that cost hundreds of dollars - even the basic, free app. The pro version is only needed if you really are a pro.
2018-6-25
Use props
Sidd Finch
lvl.4
United States

Mark S Posted at 2018-6-23 11:51
Sid,

I use Premiere Pro, but all video editors have a learning curve. The experience is similar to learning to drive a car. You are trained on one car and know that pretty well. If you drive another car you have to get used to the peculiarities of that car. All editors are doing pretty much the same thing just have different ways a presenting their options.

Once you learn the mechanics of editing the rest is your creative input and how you tell your stories.

Sidd
2018-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules