Up and Down Alone !!
764 8 2018-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JaponesCaoio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183573 ft
Brazil

Boa tarde, eu tenho um P4P, que logo começou a ter um comportamento estranho, quando saio em modo GPS, se fica parado por 30 ou 40 segundos, ele começa a subir sozinho e descer sozinho em pequena e grande escala .. varia de 1 metro indo para cima e para baixo, e eu tive que colocar minha mão no comando para pará-lo subindo ou descendo sozinho, eu sempre faço vôos em tempo claro, em dias ensolarados ... no modo ATTI ele não tem isso comportamento ... só quando está no modo GPS ... alguém sabe o que pode ser ???
2018-6-23
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Are you getting a good gps signal ? if so Try calibrating the imu to see if that helps ?
2018-6-23
Use props
JaponesCaoio
lvl.2
Brazil

DEUCEDOG Posted at 2018-6-23 11:57
Are you getting a good gps signal ? if so Try calibrating the imu to see if that helps ?

GPS with excellent signal, from 12 to 17 satellites, I already calibrated IMU, COMPASS, Control, Camera ... and continues with the same problem !!!
2018-6-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sorry for this trouble. Kindly update/refresh the firmware of your aircraft via DJI Assistant 2 on your computer. Then recalibrate the IMU and compass. You may want to watch the video tutorial below.

2018-6-23
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

I wonder if the VPS (Visual Positioning Sensors) need calibrating using DJI Assistant 2, and P4P connected to computer using USB. This of course might only affect the aircraft if it is less than 10 metres (33 feet) above ground. There have been cases in the past where calibration of VPS has helped with altitude stability problems.
You've already done four out of the five calibrations available to you, and this VPS calibration would be the fifth and last. Worth a try :-)

Edit: You don't have a gimbal guard attached to bottom of aircraft legs ? If so then remove it, as they can cause problems with the ultra sonic altitude sensors on the base of the aircraft.
2018-6-23
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

For those of you that may be interested here is translation of op' initiall post

Good afternoon, I have a P4P, which soon began to have a strange behavior, when I go out in GPS mode, if it is stopped for 30 or 40 seconds, it starts to climb alone and go down on a small and large scale .. varies from 1 meter going up and down, and I had to put my hand on the command to stop it going up or down alone, I always do flights in clear weather on sunny days ... in ATTI mode it does not have this behavior .. Only when in GPS mode ... does anyone know what it can be ???
2018-6-23
Use props
JaponesCaoio
lvl.2
Brazil

Aardvark Posted at 2018-6-23 14:07
I wonder if the VPS (Visual Positioning Sensors) need calibrating using DJI Assistant 2, and P4P connected to computer using USB. This of course might only affect the aircraft if it is less than 10 metres (33 feet) above ground. There have been cases in the past where calibration of VPS has helped with altitude stability problems.
You've already done four out of the five calibrations available to you, and this VPS calibration would be the fifth and last. Worth a try :-)

This happens at any time, already happened 5 meters from the ground and more than 30 meters from the ground, there is nothing obstructing the ultrasonic sensor or camera solo ....
2018-6-23
Use props
JaponesCaoio
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-23 12:46
Sorry for this trouble. Kindly update/refresh the firmware of your aircraft via DJI Assistant 2 on your computer. Then recalibrate the IMU and compass. You may want to watch the video tutorial below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVIcrDvh9BQ

I use the first update that came from the factory, the others limit my drone to a flight of only 300 meters away, if I have to update to finish the problem, I prefer to be with the problem of going up and down, than limiting the distance the drone of 300 meters !!
2018-6-23
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

JaponesCaoio Posted at 2018-6-23 16:32
This happens at any time, already happened 5 meters from the ground and more than 30 meters from the ground, there is nothing obstructing the ultrasonic sensor or camera solo ....

Thanks for reply, I still think it would be worth trying the VPS calibration in DJI Assistant 2, which can be downloaded from Here

When installing, right click on file and 'install as Administrator'. Hopefully that should work, there have been problems at times with the USB drivers not being installed correctly.

2018-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules