first crash and now won't take off
6745 20 2018-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pegasus79
lvl.1

United States

I'm disabled and own the drone but my brother flies it for me.  

Anyway, we took my drone to camp I am me this week which is aa camp for burn survivor youth in illinois.  We flew it a few times and it was fine.  

On wednesday he was flying over the 40 parked fire trucks preparing for the parade.  As he was flying overhead he said it kept veering left.  From what he told me hit hit a branch at 15-20 feet and crashed, launched again and it the rotors just shut off at 15-20 feet and it came down nose first and broke a rotor blade.

The camera still works perfectly, the drone still seems to connect to controller and iphone.  At first we thought he mighta used all his data but we returned home today and still won't launch.  We tried launching everything with what knowledge i could think of to get it started away from home and no pc access to chgeck for suggestions and input.

Any ideas?  We all know how much these things cost but dang i'm on a budget.

2018-6-23
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Hello Pegasus, After the First Crash it probably damaged the Battery Latches which hold the Battery Locked with the Spark. I am suspecting this as you had a Sudden Power Cut.

Do you have another spare battery to try ? If you see that still the Spark won't turn ON then the damage is from the Spark AC. Maybe a lose connection and a broken board.

Can you Upload some pictures of the Spark ?

Is the Spark still under Guarantee ? Why don't you contact DJI Support and tell them you had a Crash, what you got to lose Brother ?

*If the Battery got a Good Bump, I suggest get an Iron Bucket and place it inside, then put the Bucket somewhere outside the house just in case it doesn't short and catches fire. Damaged Li-Po Batteries are Very Dangerous.*

2018-6-23
Use props
Pegasus79
lvl.1

United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-23 17:52
Hello Pegasus, After the First Crash it probably damaged the Battery Latches which hold the Battery Locked with the Spark. I am suspecting this as you had a Sudden Power Cut.

Do you have another spare battery to try ? If you see that still the Spark won't turn ON then the damage is from the Spark AC. Maybe a lose connection and a broken board.

I assume both batteries are fine because they both charge and AC still turns on just fine.  I'm not sure if still under guarantee or not.  I just bought the fly more combo last september.
2018-6-23
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Check the Damaged Battery if it is lose when you attached it to the AC. If it Clicks well then the Latches are ok.

I still suggest to do a Trial with the other UnDamaged Battery, to see if the Power Cut came from the Damage Battery or from the AC. With the Crash you may have had a Lose Contact from inside. If it flys without any Problems then its the Battery that is damaged. You need to do a bit of Testing.

Its easy to replace the Rotor Blades, you can easily buy a pair at around $10.

Try to fly it on Grass so it wont take a big bump, and don't go far or high, just hover. If it does it again I suggest sending the AC to DJI Support.

You have 1 Year Guarantee on it, DJI may replace it for you Pegasus.
2018-6-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for what happened. We highly recommend to send it to our repair center to have it check and fix. The cost will depend if it is product malfunction and it's within the 12 months warranty period.
2018-6-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Dji Wanda he bought it last September 2017.
2018-6-24
Use props
Pegasus79
lvl.1

United States

more info, we tried both batteries and still won't launch.  Took a screenie of the DJI go ap.  
2018-6-25
Use props
Pegasus79
lvl.1

United States

Pegasus79 Posted at 2018-6-25 11:02
more info, we tried both batteries and still won't launch.  Took a screenie of the DJI go ap.

Here's the screenie.
2018-6-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Dear Pegasus,

Do you have DJI Care Refresh ? So you can send in your Drone to DJI ?

2018-6-25
Use props
Mark Cavaz
New
Flight distance : 1490 ft
Italy

Good evening,
I had a Combo spark purchased on vacation in Singapore, in the Philippines during the flight the drone suddenly went into ATTI mode crashing first against a stone and afterwards at sea, Amen drone broke and away. I kept the components of the combo version and I bought another new drone.

The problem is that I can not connect the new drone with the remote control (of the combo with the drone gone) and the cell phone. I tried all the tutorials on the internet, I connect remote control and drone, and in fact I move the gimbal, but after I can not connect the phone with the drone (or with the remote control) for the camera because the wifi of both devices disappear and are not detectable by the phone, the cables do not work (one I 'recharge' the remote control, the other does not work), the phone is a Xiaomi mi 4 Pro.
Point out that if I do not use the remote control, the drone, only with the phone, works but since I have the remote control I prefer the safest solution.

Do you have any suggestions or first-hand advice?

Thank you all

translated with google translate
2018-6-25
Use props
Pegasus79
lvl.1

United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-25 12:25
Dear Pegasus,

Do you have DJI Care Refresh ? So you can send in your Drone to DJI ?

i'm not sure I do.  I know I bought the fly more combo and bought it late august/early september.  Any further suggestions anyone?  Going through all options...  Including getting flight darta.

2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Please contact our support for you to send your unit to our repair facility for further evaluation. Kindly see the link below.

https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mark Cavaz Posted at 2018-6-25 12:54
Good evening,
I had a Combo spark purchased on vacation in Singapore, in the Philippines during the flight the drone suddenly went into ATTI mode crashing first against a stone and afterwards at sea, Amen drone broke and away. I kept the components of the combo version and I bought another new drone.

Hi, sorry for what happened to your aircraft, have you check if your new aircraft is on RC mode? there will be a switch on the aircraft itself that you can choose RC or Wi-Fi, please ensure that your new aircraft is on RC mode then try to re-link your remote controller. Thank you.
2018-6-25
Use props
Mark Cavaz
New
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-25 14:41
Hi, sorry for what happened to your aircraft, have you check if your new aircraft is on RC mode? there will be a switch on the aircraft itself that you can choose RC or Wi-Fi, please ensure that your new aircraft is on RC mode then try to re-link your remote controller. Thank you.

Thanks for the reply, where i can found this RC mode on the spark?
2018-6-25
Use props
Mark Cavaz
New
Italy

i can't found a switch in spark, i only see that there is a switch on the mavic pro
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mark Cavaz Posted at 2018-6-25 14:54
Thanks for the reply, where i can found this RC mode on the spark?

I do apologize for the confusion, let me correct myself since you have a spark, not a Mavic drone, I would suggest downloading the DJI Assistant 2 to your computer and connect your new spark then update the firmware afterward reboot your aircraft and do the manual re-linking. Please see the link below.
https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads

2018-6-25
Use props
Pegasus79
lvl.1

United States

forgive my noobiness but what's difference between ATTI and GPS?  Looking at the pic it's on ATTI.  Should it be?  And maybe should recalibrate IMU?  I'll ask brother if he has yet or not.
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Pegasus79 Posted at 2018-6-25 17:02
forgive my noobiness but what's difference between ATTI and GPS?  Looking at the pic it's on ATTI.  Should it be?  And maybe should recalibrate IMU?  I'll ask brother if he has yet or not.

Hi, ATTI mode is one of the flight modes and if the aircraft is on ATTI mode, the vision system and some advanced features are disabled and it cannot detect any obstacle in mid-air, I would occur if your aircraft is in sports mode or if you're flying in hazardous areas and the GPS signal is weak as well.
2018-6-26
Use props
Pegasus79
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-26 07:54
Hi, ATTI mode is one of the flight modes and if the aircraft is on ATTI mode, the vision system and some advanced features are disabled and it cannot detect any obstacle in mid-air, I would occur if your aircraft is in sports mode or if you're flying in hazardous areas and the GPS signal is weak as well.

Would it be in ATTI mode if it was in sport mode?  I'm not sure he had it on sport mode or not.  From what I read I thought it stayed in GPS mode during sport mode.  Still need to ask brother to help me upload flight data.  And IMU recalibration did nothing.
2018-6-26
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Pegasus79 Posted at 2018-6-26 07:59
Would it be in ATTI mode if it was in sport mode?  I'm not sure he had it on sport mode or not.  From what I read I thought it stayed in GPS mode during sport mode.  Still need to ask brother to help me upload flight data.  And IMU recalibration did nothing.

Pegasus, if both batteries are ok, and the Spark didn't take off with the New Battery, there is some lose contact or damage inside the Spark.

In ATTI Mode, the Drones loses the GPS Signal, so it won't hold position any more.

1) Sportsmode GPS is present, only the Front Obstacle Sensors are disabled.

2) Compass works with GPS, so if Spark loses the Compass or the GPS it will go down one step in ATTI Mode meaning 'FULL MANUAL MODE' where only you can control the Drone, no assisted help from the GPS and Compass

3) The IMU works with the Compass they talk to each other during Flight. If they are not showing same heading, Errors will start popping on your App and this will lead to the Drone to jump into ATTI Mode as the Program will think there is some Compass Error / Yaw Error.

During ATTI Mode, it doesn't keep position so with Wind or a Simple Push it will Drift Away, some call or refer to them as 'Fly Aways'. Actually you can still control the Drone, but if there is Wind it will be harder, as the Drone won't fight back to hold position, so when you leave the Controls it will drift away.

Also remember that in ATTI if you are flying at 10mph and lift your fingers from the Remotes, the Drone will continue to drift in same direction as it won't apply the Autobrakes which is usually done by forcing the Drone in the Last Co-Ordinates before you have life your Fingers from the Remote. This is because in ATTI Mode there is no GPS.

Here is a small video to help you understand more -

2018-6-26
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Pegasus you seem very Technical and Interested of learning how stuff works.

When you have time take a look here in my Post for New Pilots to start understand certain Errors -

https://forum.dji.com/thread-151297-1-1.html
2018-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules