Active Tracking + OnePlus 5t issues?
951 10 2018-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Greg Wayne
lvl.1

United States

Active Tracking is not working on OnePlus 5t. Can trace with the green target box and the green box moves around as target moves around. However the Osmo does NOT follow.

Read other threads where active tracking is hit or miss on some phones depending on phone age and features. However, OnePlus 5t is fairly recent and full-featured. Wanted to post this to see if there were known OnePlus 5t + Osmo 2 compatibility issues, or if other OnePlus 5t users are successfully able to use Active Tracking?

Phone set to auto-rotate (NOT Portrait-lock).
2018-6-24
Use props
Greg Wayne
lvl.1

United States

Firmware 2.0.0.10 and App version 3.1.38
2018-6-24
Use props
Greg Wayne
lvl.1

United States

Greg Wayne Posted at 2018-6-24 19:38
Firmware 2.0.0.10 and App version 3.1.38

No update notification appears when I start the DJI app.
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize if you're having some issues right now. Did you try to reinstall the app? Is the firmware updated? You can also check this tutorial video:
2018-6-25
Use props
Greg Wayne
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-25 04:44
Hello there. We apologize if you're having some issues right now. Did you try to reinstall the app? Is the firmware updated? You can also check this tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7HP-iGok0c

I'm unable to update the firmware from the version I posted above: the GO app doesn't notify me to perform an upgarde. I tried reinstalling the app as well based on other recommendations to see if the upgrade notification would appear but it does not.
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Greg Wayne Posted at 2018-6-25 05:26
I'm unable to update the firmware from the version I posted above: the GO app doesn't notify me to perform an upgarde. I tried reinstalling the app as well based on other recommendations to see if the upgrade notification would appear but it does not.

Did you try to use a different mobile device? I understand that your mobile device is compatible but for us to identify the issue, we can check by using a different mobile device.
2018-6-25
Use props
Greg Wayne
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-25 05:57
Did you try to use a different mobile device? I understand that your mobile device is compatible but for us to identify the issue, we can check by using a different mobile device.

I only have a MOTO g4 as another device and that is not on the compatibility list.
What do I do?
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Greg Wayne Posted at 2018-6-25 18:40
I only have a MOTO g4 as another device and that is not on the compatibility list.
What do I do?

I fully understand however, we highly suggest using a mobile that is compatible.
2018-6-25
Use props
Greg Wayne
lvl.1

United States

I don't have another device that is on your compatible list. I really want to upgarde the firmware per your instructions. Can you please loan me a compatible phone so I can upgrade the firmware to see if Active Track will now work?
2018-6-26
Use props
Greg Wayne
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-25 23:47
I fully understand however, we highly suggest using a mobile that is compatible.

I have used someone else's Note 5 as well today by downloading the app on that and connecting the gimbal, but neither the Active Tracking works nor does it prompt for a firmware upgrade either.

Please help
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Greg Wayne Posted at 2018-6-28 16:47
I have used someone else's Note 5 as well today by downloading the app on that and connecting the gimbal, but neither the Active Tracking works nor does it prompt for a firmware upgrade either.

Please help

Alright. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will raise this issue to our engineers for further evaluation. We will keep you updated. Can you also provide to me the firmware version of your Osmo and DJI Go app?
2018-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules