Phantom 3SE took a swim yesterday.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Timemachine
lvl.1
United States

So first post and its an unfortunate one.  Had my drone since September of last year and so far nothing but sucess.  Yesterday prior to takeoff from a dock received a "strong electrical interference" message.  It then went away and i got the re"ready for takeoff" message and "home point has been updated".  Almost immediatley upon takeoff I got the "strong electrical interference" message and then "landing message"  No returning to home like normal.  I kept having to cancel to fly back to dock.  Was landing perfectly and when I went to shut props down the unit went sideways and off into the water.  Was under for 20 seconds and when retrieved I tried to remove battery right away and planned on flushing but no luck and the battery immediately started burning.  Tried pliars but ended up having to put back in the water to put fire out.   Battery, main board, and area around battery is all melted and damaged.  

Not sure what caused this but this is the second time around a marina I received this message but the unit never just landed like this before.   

No insurance so guesss I am screwed.   So do i replace with same unit or upgrade to Mavis Pro.   Seems mavis pro has better trasnmission strength and uses more satelittes.  Thoughts?

2018-6-25
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

There was probably lots of nail, screws, and other steel objects where you rook off from.  Compass probably went crazy.
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

I am sorry to know what happened to your Phantom 3 SE. Please contact our DJI Repair Team so that you will be able to know what really happened to your Phantom 3 SE. Please try to sync the flight record as well using your DJI GO 4 application. I will be posting the online repair request link.

https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2018-6-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Sounds like you neglected to use the down-throttle method to stop the motors and instead used the CSC method to stop the motors.  CSC to stop motors will often cause the AC to tilt over.  

If it landed in clear water, it might be salvageable.  If it went into salt water, probably not.  Good luck
2018-6-25
Use props
Timemachine
lvl.1
United States

I did use the CSC method which could have been a contributing factor.   How do i download the records.  Am i correct in that using an ipad I need to use the itunes app?   
2018-6-25
Use props
Al S. Alice's Handler
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50259 ft

Was it a boat dock in a marina? There may be electrical conduit running under the dock to supply power to boats and also any lighting.
2018-6-25
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yesterday prior to takeoff from a dock received a "strong electrical interference" message.

Theres ya problem right there, you still took off instead of moving away from any source of metal that could cause this interference, be it cabling or on concrete, the possibilities are nearly endless as to the source. You was lucky and got the warning prior to take off, others do not get it until after they take off, by then its too late.
2018-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules