Battery not connected but is connected issue
3075 9 2018-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TJ825
lvl.1
United States

Hello all, I have been flying my phantom 4 pro v2.0 and absolutely love it. Although, upon startup, I turn the controller on, load up the app, place the battery in the drone and then boot up the drone itself, 80% of the time it gives me an error within the djo go 4 app saying "Cannot take off, battery not connected properly". I can do this several times and eventually on the 3rd or 4th try it relieves itself and am able to function the drone flawlessly. I have watched multiple videos and the user guide to where and the steps taken properly in order to not get this error but still having no luck. Is this a firmware issue within the app or rather wrong methodology in the bootup process? Or has anyone else encountered this issue? Thanks!
2018-6-25
Use props
TJ825
lvl.1
United States

Experiencing the same issue as this gentlemen in the video. It is the sensor in which is not sensing properly. Just bought the DJI phantom 4 pro 3 days ago.

2018-6-25
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

It's the new sensor for the batter latch probably. How to fix it is anybody's guess.
2018-6-25
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Get it replaced, no need to fight that kind of issues on a brand new purchase, hopefully you didn't buy directly from DJI as i think a replacement are faster when bought from other sources.
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize if you're having some issues with your battery. Is the firmware updated? Did you try to reinstall the app?
2018-6-26
Use props
TJ825
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-26 06:08
Hello there. We apologize if you're having some issues with your battery. Is the firmware updated? Did you try to reinstall the app?

Yes ma'am, the app has a fresh install and says the firmware is all up to date.
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

TJ825 Posted at 2018-6-26 06:45
Yes ma'am, the app has a fresh install and says the firmware is all up to date.

I see. Did you shake it or it was shaken by any chance? Because it is normal if the warning is shown after shaking the battery. You just have to remove and install the battery again. If the issue persists, please contact our support for a replacement.
2018-6-26
Use props
TJ825
lvl.1
United States

It gives me the error on the initial start up (placing the battery in and booting everything up), upon repeating this process multiple times (usually the 5th), it boots up normally and am able to fly without any additional problems. Ok thank you for your information and time.
2018-6-26
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

One of my batteries does this it's not a big deal all you have to do is while it is on and says "cannot take off" just push battery in and down towards ground on the back where lights are (gently)...... this wall make the sensor work correctly basically me and another colleague found out that all batterys are not built 100 % the same, this is a given ie qc, manufacturing process...what is happening is some batteries bottom tabs do not stick out far enough to make a direct contact with sensor...some u will never have a problem with..this is why pushing down slightly on back of battery will press on sensor and make the message go away.... this also doesn't mean that it is a problem or will create a problem in flight you will be totally fine I have tested many times. Once the message goes away it will not come back on that whole flight ..or battery I should say. I have made about 30 flights with my one problem battery every time I put it in the drone I get the "cannot take off message" about battery i push down slightly and in on back of battery, message disappears and boom good to go! Dont panic u guys will be fine. The ac will not fall out of sky or u wont get any power loss. Technically both tabs are still locked in place. Just your bottom tab doesnt make good contact with sensor under it like i said...
2018-6-26
Use props
Portofis
New

France

Wow! That's a serious problem actually. There is one nice startup. Guys are trying to solve the same issue and offering their own solution for it.
I think that Nodaway it's not that easy to find a good team for your startup, but if you want some tips, here they are - https://webcase.studio/blog/how-find-web-developers-startup/ .
2018-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules