Exchange my MA in the store. Guess what happened?
12Next >
4531 56 2018-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

I went today at the authorized DJI dealer in my city to complain and ask to exchange my MA still under warranty (I bought it in March-2018).
The manager asked me about the problem.
I showed the delay in the video transmission and still recorded some scenes.

The manager told me that he had an MA for demonstration and asked me if he could make a comparison.
The MA of the store - also upgraded to the 0400 - also presented the same problem even with the manager's phone.
Everyone (except me) was surprised.

2018-6-25
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Let me guess Android devices they had as well?  So I take it you didn't exchange since the others had the same issue?
2018-6-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

- also presented the same problem even with the manager's phone.

Obvisouly, a clear cut case of Double Pilot Error!   

2018-6-25
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46283 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-25 12:00
- also presented the same problem even with the manager's phone.

Hey Larry and Mo is my left to the right????   

2018-6-25
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-25 11:42
Let me guess Android devices they had as well?  So I take it you didn't exchange since the others had the same issue?

Yes. The manager´s phone  was an Android. (I have iphone 7Plus)

Here is not as US that they Exchange just in time. There is a procedure that you have to contact the assistance first.
I am sure that the assistance will propose to wait the new firmware extending the warranty.
Anyway, if they Exchange and new MA presents the same  problem  I will take the Money back
2018-6-25
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-25 12:00
Obvisouly, a clear cut case of Double Pilot Error!

of course
2018-6-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How embarrassing LOL
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused, have you tried to reformat your SD card and may I know what SD card are we using?
2018-6-25
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sigh.... regarding DJI Tony's response in post #8.... clueless.  As for you (TZ), my best wishes for a solution.  DJI seems to be silent on an issue that's all over this forum and MavicPilots.com  ... sorry I've got nothing but "snark"  (NOT directed at you!)
2018-6-25
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-25 13:24
Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused, have you tried to reformat your SD card and may I know what SD card are we using?

When I spoke to DJI this past Friday, they said there would be an upcoming 4.2.21 version for Android, wonder if anyone got the release?
2018-6-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-25 13:08
How embarrassing LOL

Betcha Store Manager is not LOLing, and soon his/her DJI sales Rep won't be either.
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-25 13:38
When I spoke to DJI this past Friday, they said there would be an upcoming 4.2.21 version for Android, wonder if anyone got the release?

We will verify this information with our engineers for clarification. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-6-25
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

I can appreciate your efforts but, I am not kid.

You must to see this link to understand

Preview Video - Lag

2018-6-25
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

WebParrot Posted at 2018-6-25 13:36
Sigh.... regarding DJI Tony's response in post #8.... clueless.  As for you (TZ), my best wishes for a solution.  DJI seems to be silent on an issue that's all over this forum and MavicPilots.com  ... sorry I've got nothing but "snark"  (NOT directed at you!)

shure !
2018-6-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

I have to ask.  Assuming OP did not put his SD card in store's MA, and there is no mention of doing so.

Why would reformatting OP's SD card, resolve problems with store's demonstration MA that showed same problem as OP's drone?
2018-6-25
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-25 15:56
I have to ask.  Assuming OP did not put his SD card in store's MA, and there is no mention of doing so.

Why would reformatting OP's SD card, resolve problems with store's demonstration MA that showed same problem as OP's drone?

The worst thing is that I've repeated it a thousand times that the SD Card recording is normal.
The problem is in the transmission.
Worse than that is the automatic response: "Thanks and let's inform our engineers"

update: In the original post DJI THOR (good guy) said that the engineers could not reproduce the lag. (I think the problem is the hemisphere)

2018-6-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-6-25 16:27
The worst thing is that I've repeated it a thousand times that the SD Card recording is normal.
Worse than that is the automatic response: "Thanks and let's inform our engineers"

Ah ha!   You didn't do it thousand and one times!  Thus, Pilot Error!
2018-6-25
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-25 16:34
Ah ha!   You didn't do it thousand and one times!  Thus, Pilot Error!

perhaps
2018-6-25
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-25 13:38

.21 is on iOS already been out for a little while, and while im not having major issues, i can say, unlikely the fix.  because .20 and .21 both have had hiccuping on my iPhone X for the mavic pro...

i dont have mavic air to test with or anything like that yet, i do not think .21 changes much from .20 terms of decoding
2018-6-25
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-25 13:50
We will verify this information with our engineers for clarification. Your patience is highly appreciated.

Thank you. I appreciate your attention to this matter.
2018-6-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-6-25 16:27

the engineers could not reproduce the ...

If I (and few others here) had a hundred shares of stock for everytime we have heard that at work.  We could all Retire!
Here is suggestion for engineers: Take a new drone, set it up, fly it, change some settings, fly it, upgrade it, fly it, change locations, fly it, upgrade it, fly it; then see if problem occurs.

2018-6-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-25 13:42
Betcha Store Manager is not LOLing, and soon his/her DJI sales Rep won't be either.

I can imagine     
2018-6-25
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I got the same issue with video transmission glitch. This is final footage before my baby drop out of sky...

2018-6-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Optimus_Prime Posted at 2018-6-26 01:32
I got the same issue with video transmission glitch. This is final footage before my baby drop out of sky...

https://youtu.be/Q0STtGjy8aM

Great vid though - no replacement in the mail yet?
2018-6-26
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

A CW Posted at 2018-6-26 05:25
Great vid though - no replacement in the mail yet?

I did not receive any news yet. May be my bird is on the way. I saw progress still "to be received". Very painful and keep counting. Thank you very much, mate!
2018-6-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Optimus_Prime Posted at 2018-6-26 06:19
I did not receive any news yet. May be my bird is on the way. I saw progress still "to be received". Very painful and keep counting. Thank you very much, mate!

It does take some time - my P4P took 4 weeks to be returned so hold in there.
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi TZero, after the continuing following the transmission issue, I just got the latest update from the engineers. This is the issue of the latest app, it will be optimized in the next version. Please kindly wait patiently. We appreciate your feedback.
2018-6-28
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-28 18:19
Hi TZero, after the continuing following the transmission issue, I just got the latest update from the engineers. This is the issue of the latest app, it will be optimized in the next version. Please kindly wait patiently. We appreciate your feedback.

Hi Thor

Thanks for your reply.
You were always thoughtful enough.
Thank you also for the positive response on the problem.

2018-6-28
Use props
Gaijin
lvl.2

Japan

Conspiracy theory but... Just wait for July 18th, after they announce there new drone (hopefully) everyone and there mother buys that (including current fed up Mavic air v4 users) THEN after a few months of the new drone they patch the AIR...
2018-6-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

OP - After upgrading firmware and software (0400 / 4.2.14; 16; 20 and  21) the video preview on my iphone 7 Plus (iOS 11.4) is not fluidly  (streamed) into any video resolution.
DJI - This is the issue of the latest app, it will be optimized in the next version.

Not sure I understand.  If issue is resut of latest GO-4 app, revision 4.2.21; then what caused preview video lag problem to appear starting with GO-4 revision 4.2.14?

2018-6-28
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

I think DJI Thor meant that the problem should be fixed (compensated) by software
2018-6-29
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Conspiracy theory but... Just wait for July 18th, after they announce there new drone (hopefully) everyone and there mother buys that (including current fed up Mavic air v4 users) THEN after a few months of the new drone they patch the AIR...
They should think twice if that is the plan. The new Parrot Anafi have some serious specs, and could be worth dumping the "infected with DJI firmware" Mavic Air for.
2018-6-29
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-28 18:19

Unfortunately the problem continues in DJI GO version .22

2018-6-29
Use props
PHLATLINE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1095180 ft

Hello all I am new to the drones but I fly Heli's I received my M A on 6/22/18 I'm using an I phone  7+ I have had no issues so far.But I did format my SD card first thing before fling my done.I hope this helps in some way.oh and I updated mavic air and controller from computer.
2018-6-29
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

PHLATLINE Posted at 2018-6-29 17:06
Hello all I am new to the drones but I fly Heli's I received my M A on 6/22/18 I'm using an I phone  7+ I have had no issues so far.But I did format my SD card first thing before fling my done.I hope this helps in some way.oh and I updated mavic air and controller from computer.

Thanks for trying to help.
I did all this
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

TZero Posted at 2018-6-29 11:18
Unfortunately the problem continues in DJI GO version .22

https://youtu.be/FN3raNPI3KU

Sorry about this, I am confirming this again with the engineers.
2018-7-1
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-7-1 02:26
Sorry about this, I am confirming this again with the engineers.

@ DJI Thor...

I think it would be of great help to find out why not ALL Mavic Airs have these problems...
Mine flies steady... also in higher winds... I really SELDOM loose video-connection and the Mavic Air responds great to my input...
I fly with the latest iOS (11.4) the latest DJI GO 4 app (4.2.22) and the latest Mavic Air firmware (V 01.00.0400 (May 2nd 2018)) and the latest Phantom 4 Pro firmware (V 01.05.0600 (March 8th 2017))

big QUESTIONMARK for me and others....

Looking forward to a reaction to my words...

Take care,

Max
2018-7-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CanonMax Posted at 2018-7-1 03:40
@ DJI Thor...

I think it would be of great help to find out why not ALL Mavic Airs have these problems...

Max, we valued our users' feedback so much. Thank you for your input and good to know that the performance of your drone is working properly. I will forward this to our engineers for reference.
In fact, in the past weeks, our engineers had tested it many times, we couldn't repeat the issue of the transmission delay at our side, we had also provided some suggestions to the OP for troubleshooting, but the issue persists. Later, the engineers found out that it was about the DJI GO 4 app. We hope we can solve this issue for all users if it is related to the software or hardware issue of the drone and app.
In a word, we appreciate all users feedback of our products, which provides us with more info to produce a more pilot-friendly drone and app to our customers.
2018-7-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-7-1 20:02
Max, we valued our users' feedback so much. Thank you for your input and good to know that the performance of your drone is working properly. I will forward this to our engineers for reference.
In fact, in the past weeks, our engineers had tested it many times, we couldn't repeat the issue of the transmission delay at our side, we had also provided some suggestions to the OP for troubleshooting, but the issue persists. Later, the engineers found out that it was about the DJI GO 4 app. We hope we can solve this issue for all users if it is related to the software or hardware issue of the drone and app.
In a word, we appreciate all users feedback of our products, which provides us with more info to produce a more pilot-friendly drone and app to our customers.

i'm glad sounds like finally isolated at least a major part of it in the App after much fuss and back and forth..

i speak for most of us here, we can't wait for a better dji go app experience across entire platform of drones!
2018-7-1
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-7-1 20:02

of course we like your valuable products and want to help keeping them in BEST shape!
take care, thank you for your reply

Max
2018-7-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules