Lg G6
3097 20 2018-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NedKelly33
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36 ft

Hi All

I have got an LG G6 phone and have just purchased myself a Mavic Pro Platinum.

I can't connect to the app with the controller to register my drone.

It wont pick it up at all.

Can some one please help me, I want to be able to calibrate and fly my new drone
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I apologize if you're having some issues right now. Upon checking on the website, the mobile device that you're trying to use is not compatible with the unit. This is the list of compatible devices for Mavic pro platinum:

You can also refer to this tutorial if you're trying to activate it:
2018-6-26
Use props
NedKelly33
lvl.1

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-26 01:41
Hello there. I apologize if you're having some issues right now. Upon checking on the website, the mobile device that you're trying to use is not compatible with the unit. This is the list of compatible devices for Mavic pro platinum:
[view_image]

Thanks for your help,

I know there are other phones that are not on the list that work with the Mavic Pro.

Can you please find a way to make it work as im not forking out for a new phone
2018-6-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14237874 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You may want to invest in an iPhone
2018-6-26
Use props
NedKelly33
lvl.1

A CW Posted at 2018-6-26 01:46
You may want to invest in an iPhone

LOL

Had way to much trouble with them things
2018-6-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NedKelly33 Posted at 2018-6-26 01:47
LOL

Had way to much trouble with them things

The GO4 app is optimised with them things - you'll have a lot more trouble with what you've got - as seems to be the basis of your thread.
2018-6-26
Use props
NedKelly33
lvl.1

A CW Posted at 2018-6-26 01:48
The GO4 app is optimised with them things - you'll have a lot more trouble with what you've got - as seems to be the basis of your thread.

So would you like me to go and spend another $1000 on a new phone??
2018-6-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NedKelly33 Posted at 2018-6-26 01:51
So would you like me to go and spend another $1000 on a new phone??

That's up to you isn't it. You can get them things cheaper.  
2018-6-26
Use props
NedKelly33
lvl.1

A CW Posted at 2018-6-26 01:53
That's up to you isn't it. You can get them things cheaper.

I have just been reading in the androids forum, It has actually got to do with the new android update. Is there a way dji can solve this???
2018-6-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NedKelly33 Posted at 2018-6-26 01:54
I have just been reading in the androids forum, It has actually got to do with the new android update. Is there a way dji can solve this???

I have no idea as I only use iOS with DJI products. Perhaps DJI can answer that one on here...
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

NedKelly33 Posted at 2018-6-26 01:45
Thanks for your help,

I know there are other phones that are not on the list that work with the Mavic Pro.

I understand. We will raise this concern to our engineers. Thank you for your feedback.
2018-6-26
Use props
NedKelly33
lvl.1

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-26 02:04
I understand. We will raise this concern to our engineers. Thank you for your feedback.

That would be great as I would like to get my drone up and flying asap
2018-6-26
Use props
poprocksA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 209298 ft
United States

Boy I hate apple devices. Overpriced junk IMHO. Would never own one on purpose.
I've had my G6 almost a year. Oreo was released in August of 2017.
It's pretty messed up that all these current phones seem to use Oreo and they aren't in a hurry to add support. I doubt there will be any phones released with older OS in the future.
My phone was working, then an update was forced through which caused hardware issues.
Replacement comes stock with Oreo and no option to downgrade.
Basically just turned my drone into an $1,100 paperweight.
That being said, try unplugging the cable from the left side of the controller and plugging a normal cable into the bottom USB  port.
I was able to get this to work 3 times. It did take a number of power cycles.
That being said I am afraid to fly the damn thing because I know it's going to disconnect and cause massive issues like a crash or worse.
I really regret upgrading to this drone at this point. I had a phantom pro 3 that worked absolutely fine, although I guess that may also have ended up being useless thank to the update.
So sad.
2018-6-26
Use props
NedKelly33
lvl.1

poprocksA Posted at 2018-6-26 02:11
Boy I hate apple devices. Overpriced junk IMHO. Would never own one on purpose.
I've had my G6 almost a year. Oreo was released in August of 2017.
It's pretty messed up that all these current phones seem to use Oreo and they aren't in a hurry to add support. I doubt there will be any phones released with older OS in the future.

Yeah I have tried everything i can to get it work and it just wont recognize the device at all.

It looks like it is going to connect then just poops itself.

Looks like I may have to look for a tablet or something to fly it with
2018-6-26
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

NedKelly33 Posted at 2018-6-26 02:15
Yeah I have tried everything i can to get it work and it just wont recognize the device at all.

Man I hate to say this but I spent a lot of money on Android tablets to use initially with my P3A and then my MPP and had success to a certain point only after purchasing a Nvidia K1 tablet. Someone then stuck a Ipad mini4 under my nose and I tried it. Never looked back...even to the point of buying the 2018 Ipad. Sometimes a bigger screen is good for my old eyes.  .Works a treat. Apple is not my choice BUT I will use an IOS device to fly my drones only because they just WORK with DJI drones therefore I get to enjoy flying my drones without any problem whenever I fly. Ipad mini 4 slams straight into the Pro controller. Get a price for one.....you might be happily surprised
2018-6-26
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

NedKelly33 Posted at 2018-6-26 02:15

Sorry to hear about the problem with the LG G6 phone.

If you are considering an iPad may I suggest an iPad mini 4. It is a perfect fit for the controller and the display is large and bright enough to view in most lighting conditions. I got mine for about $300, wi-fi only with 128GB. Never had a problem with it.

Hope you can get your issue resolved .
2018-6-26
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

There was another user with an Android device that was having a similar issue. It turned out to be conflicting with another app that was already on their device. This might be a pain to do but might be worth a shot.

Try doing a factory reset of your device. (Save all your stuff first) deleting all apps. Then re-install just the DJI Go4 app and see if that works. From a fresh OS everything should work properly because other people are using Android phones to fly their drones.

Then re-install your other apps as needed. Hope this helps.
2018-6-26
Use props
NedKelly33
lvl.1

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-6-26 15:12
There was another user with an Android device that was having a similar issue. It turned out to be conflicting with another app that was already on their device. This might be a pain to do but might be worth a shot.

Try doing a factory reset of your device. (Save all your stuff first) deleting all apps. Then re-install just the DJI Go4 app and see if that works. From a fresh OS everything should work properly because other people are using Android phones to fly their drones.

Thanks for the reply mate, I have tried everything even went back to the previous update for Android. Nothing seems to work, looks like im just going to have to buy a second hand iphone or something
2018-6-27
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>

NedKelly33 Posted at 2018-6-27 03:53
Thanks for the reply mate, I have tried everything even went back to the previous update for Android. Nothing seems to work, looks like im just going to have to buy a second hand iphone or something

That’s a bummer. Sorry you couldn’t get it working. You might consider getting an iPad mini instead of an iPhone.
2018-6-27
Use props
NedKelly33
lvl.1

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-6-27 16:07
That’s a bummer. Sorry you couldn’t get it working. You might consider getting an iPad mini instead of an iPhone.

Alot of people had said to get an Ipad mini, is there much of an advantage to have and ipad over an iphone??
2018-6-27
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

NedKelly33 Posted at 2018-6-27 23:30
Alot of people had said to get an Ipad mini, is there much of an advantage to have and ipad over an iphone??

Screen size is the biggest benefit. Also there are 2 functions that will not work unless you have cellular data.

RTH update if you physically  move locations, for example launching from a boat while the boat is moving. If you hit Return To Home without cellular data the drone will go back to the original take off point (in the water if the boat is moving) but with cellular data it will track your location.

Also the Active Tracking (following you feature) will not work.

If you can live without these 2 features then you can get a non-cellular iPad Mini or iPad. If you think you might use these features then get a tablet with the cellular antenna. The service does not need to be activated for everything to work.
2018-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules