Atti / rth
724 7 2018-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_c3DRkGMGlhUW
lvl.3
Flight distance : 710807 ft

Has anyone gone into atti mode after hitting rth?  What happens in this situation?
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, it is strongly recommended that you find a safe place to land as soon as possible if the aircraft enters ATTI mode. To reduce the likelihood of the aircraft entering ATTI mode and minimize hazards if it does enter ATTI mode, avoid flying in areas where the GPS signal is weak and avoid flying in confined spaces. May I know if you are receiving an error message on your DJI Go 4 app?
2018-6-26
Use props
djiuser_c3DRkGMGlhUW
lvl.3

Theoretical question. Just a concern on mine.  This is my first post and why is my name showing as DJI user xxxxx?  How do I change that?
2018-6-26
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Goto Personal Homepage > Settings in upper right corner.
2018-6-26
Use props
djiuser_c3DRkGMGlhUW
lvl.3

Did that. My name shows everywhere except in the forum
2018-6-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Mavic Air will only enter attitude mode (ATTI) automatically when GPS is lost and the drone is too high over the ground for the VPS sensors to detect the ground. In this mode only the drones internal barometer will be effective to continue reading it's altitude above the home point from where it originally took off. The gains in the drone will be driven by environmental conditions such as wind speed and therefore controlling the drone without a GPS positioning lock will be far more difficult. If you are already in ATTI then RTH will technically not work as the drone will not know it's position without GPS and can not automatically return as it will not know where you are. That is why it is VITAL that you wait for a GPS lock before take off with the home point set on the map. I don't take off with less than 12 satellites being received and keep a close eye on the satellite counter and signal bar during flight. It's also another reason why flying in visual line of sight (VLOS) is important too so that you can physically see the drone to fly it back manually towards your position and land it. With a GPS lock on take off it is very rare for ATTI mode to come on during flight - it's happened twice to me in several hundred flights and both times were with the Spark but in VLOS so I managed to keep the drone - GPS also came back on during the return on both occasions. I've never entered ATTI mode on any of my Mavic's, including the Air.
2018-6-26
Use props
djiuser_c3DRkGMGlhUW
lvl.3

Thank you.  Very reassuring.  I don't fly bvlos and know how to control in atti as I "grew up" on non gps drones and other verious RC vehicles. I fly over water a lot and was just concerned that it might auto land or something else detrimental to the situation.  
2018-6-26
Use props
Koelkop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22814806 ft
South Africa

In the 107hours I have flown my mpp it only went into ATTI mode once for about 10 seconds. I am very happy with its performance so far
2018-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules