Mavic pro SD card wont go in
3683 35 2018-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

Hello all
i can't for the life of me get my mavic pro to take my sd card. I have had it a long time and it's never been a problem in the past. Im wondering if anybody in the group has or ever had this problem and if so how did you fix it. And before anybody tell me to use something to push it in using something, that not my problem. The problem is it just won't go in, the problem seems to be inside on the right side of the slot .There doesn't seem to be anything stuck inside. Any help would be very much appreciated as i'm living in ireland and the weather is perfect her for flying at the moment. Not something we in ireland can say very often.
2018-6-26
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Possibly you are inserting the wrong way?  If you do that sounds similar to what you are facing.  Ensure the metal on the sd card is facing up so upside down compared to when you enter in your PC.  
2018-6-26
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

thanks but it's in the right way, like i said its never being a problem before. Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it
2018-6-26
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

I have tried a second one The same thing goes in to the top of the writing on the card and no further.
2018-6-26
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

I can't find another example of this happening to anyone online anywhere. Plenty of people on about it getting stuck inside, i wish lol Its the right side up.
2018-6-26
Use props
salmonshark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 206352 ft

can you use a flashlight and just make sure nothing made its way into the slot?   this sounds very odd....

SS
2018-6-26
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

done that cant see anyting, i litherlee
2018-6-26
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

#Quick Reply Here#literally just took the card out transferred the data to my hard drive then tried to put it back in and it wouldn't go back in all the way
2018-6-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

I have seen this once on my Mavic Pro.  For whatever reason, when microSD card came out, it did not pop the spring lock mechanism.  Took numerous tries to get microSD back into slot.  If I remember correctly, it took about double normal force when it finally went back in.  Has worked without problems since.
2018-6-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

To me this unfortunately sounds like the card eject mechanism got stuck. I wish you good luck!
2018-6-26
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

Have being putting it in and out since last nite. Good to have some idea of what the problem is. Hopefully it will sort it’s self out
2018-6-26
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

I wonder is there any way of helping it come unstuck
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, sorry to hear that. May I know if you tried to use a different SD card? If the problem is still the same there might be an issue on the sd card slot itself. As mentioned above, it could be the card eject mechanism. It is highly recommended sending the drone back for repair. Please follow this link:  https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2018-6-26
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

It’s seems to be the mechanism, nothing else I have herd fits
2018-6-26
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

Thanks for all the input guys, every little bit helps me and people with this problem in the future
2018-6-26
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

tried second card, to no avail.
2018-6-26
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

thedman321 Posted at 2018-6-26 09:02
tried second card, to no avail.

Sorry to hear that. If all else fails it unfortunately sounds like a repair job to me, turnaround is 2 weeks. Good luck with this issue and DJI will resolve it quickly.
2018-6-26
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

Thanks to everyone for the help, its still under warranty.how do i go about arranging a repair from Irelan
2018-6-26
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

#Quick Reply Here#Thanks to everyone for the help, its still under warranty.how do i go about arranging a repair from Ireland
2018-6-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

thedman321 Posted at 2018-6-26 09:31
Thanks to everyone for the help, its still under warranty.how do i go about arranging a repair from Irelan

Just follow the link that DJI Paladin has provided in post 13# and open a repair case. You will then receive further instructions and a shipping label.
2018-6-26
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

Thanks again to everyone. Will do what you suggest, but was really hoping i wouldn't have to send it back to dji. This weather were getting here now is as good as it will get this year. So it looks like i will not have it for possibly the only good weather of the year.
2018-6-26
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10355532 ft
Canada

it's maddening when things like that happens, knowing that you never done anything different and yet that happens, feel sorry for you lad, hope that if you do send it in things will go fast and well for you.
2018-6-26
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

Thanks, it's really frustrating . I think it's what people on here are say , that it's the release mechanism.  There must be an easier way to do it rather than sending in back to DJI. To make thing even more frustrating my niece is here from france . I promised her i would take some unique photos and video of the local landscape Cliffs and beaches that sort of thing. She and her boyfriend are only here for two weeds .
2018-6-26
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

thedman321 Posted at 2018-6-26 11:02
Thanks, it's really frustrating . I think it's what people on here are say , that it's the release mechanism.  There must be an easier way to do it rather than sending in back to DJI. To make thing even more frustrating my niece is here from france . I promised her i would take some unique photos and video of the local landscape Cliffs and beaches that sort of thing. She and her boyfriend are only here for two weeds .

Not for noth'in but if it's broke you probably have nothing to loose, I would try taking a popsicle stick and shave it down to the thickness of the sd card, trim the edges to fit the width of the slot, make the shaved part a little longer than the sd card itself. Slide it in gently and see if you can release the mechanism, the added length may give you an advantage, last ditch effort but maybe worth a try.
2018-6-26
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try a bright light and 10x magnify the port opening... (reading glasses maybe?) be sure no power source and use a needle to reset the eject mechanism carefully.
If that fails... Take a "junk" card and just force it in. It's already broke right? <-- bad advice.
2018-6-26
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

Thanks for all the advice guys, but i don't want to mess with it as it is still in warranty. don't want anybody suggesting i damaged it .
2018-6-26
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

But if someone was to go into a bit more detail about where the eject mechanism is it might help someone in the future that has no warranty.
2018-6-26
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

thedman321 Posted at 2018-6-26 09:53
Thanks again to everyone. Will do what you suggest, but was really hoping i wouldn't have to send it back to dji. This weather were getting here now is as good as it will get this year. So it looks like i will not have it for possibly the only good weather of the year.

From experience the process is quite straight forward and a 2 week turnaround from collection to return delivery. Good luck and keep us informed, DJI will have you back flying again in no time.
2018-6-26
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

Thanks M2Wair. Good to here, i hope you are right
2018-6-27
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

HiCan someone from dji give me some information about how i can add more information i realise now i didn't add to issue information on the case information form .
2018-7-2
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

My mavic is on its way to the netherlands , due to arrive wednesday.
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

thedman321 Posted at 2018-7-2 02:32
My mavic is on its way to the netherlands , due to arrive wednesday.

Hi, I send a PM to you for further details, please see your inbox. Thank you.
2018-7-3
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

Hi Tony i've sent the detail in a pm to  you, thanks
2018-7-4
Use props
fans3e8d2a1c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 384 ft
United States

I had th exact same problem.  I took some advice from  a reply you posted.  I turned the sd card what to me is upside down and it went right in.  I swear I had previously put it in with th copper facing down.  I hope it will record that way.  Please let me know if putting the metal part up is correct..  Thanks in advace
2018-7-19
Use props
fans3e8d2a1c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 384 ft
United States

I had th exact same problem.  I took some advice from  a reply you posted.  I turned the sd card what to me is upside down and it went right in.  I swear I had previously put it in with th copper facing down.  I hope it will record that way.  Please let me know if putting the metal part up is correct..  Thanks in advace
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans3e8d2a1c Posted at 2018-7-19 13:16

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Your procedure on how you'll be inserted your SD card to your aircraft is correct, the copper should be facing up. Please keep us posted in any case you need our assistance.
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules