MP in computer mode
468 7 2018-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cirius
lvl.3
Flight distance : 277621 ft
Canada

Hi droners!  Little question here, maybe I did not read well my owner Manual but, it is a way that I can connect my MP to my computer without removing having the drone self testing (props movement, gimbal own setup etc).  

I know that I can remove my sd card and used a card reader but if I don't want to?  If I forgot to remove my gimble protector, I don't want to screw that gimble!!!  

Talking about the gimble, I wish that DJI will upgrade the software for the camera movements, so not just tilting the camera up and down but also left and right and that we can use the small joystick on the controller.  I think that can help in a small area, instead of rotating the drone when you want to go in straight line (i.e. in the wood)!

Have a great flights !!

Cheers

Ciriustar
4B35A39D-B616-4702-B80A-2C9C053A3FEB.jpeg
2018-6-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Connect the micro USB cable to the port on the side of the drone, connect the USB to your computer and turn on the drone. Make sure the props are off before doing so. Then launch DJI Assistant 2 - presuming you already have it installed.
2018-6-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Use course lock to yaw the drone whilst it remains on the same flight path - same principle as turning the gimbal left and right.
2018-6-26
Use props
Cirius
lvl.3
Canada

Thanks!!  But the drone will still do the auto test plus the gimble also no?

Lock track is good but sometimes in the woods, gps is crapy!!
2018-6-26
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cirius Posted at 2018-6-26 11:56
Thanks!!  But the drone will still do the auto test plus the gimble also no?

Lock track is good but sometimes in the woods, gps is crapy!!

Dude,

It CAN NOT be done. Like everything in this world, you NEED juice to run!

Stop being lazy and take out the SD card if you think you can't handle remembering to UNLOCK the gimbal!
2018-6-26
Use props
Cirius
lvl.3
Canada

Why are you so rude "Dude"!  
2018-6-26
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

The answer is no.  You need to power up the drone to transfer the data.  The self tests are done at powerup, and this cannot be changed (as far as i can tell)  So your choice is remove the gimbal cover or take the SD out.  I get that it can be cumbersome, especially if you just need a file or 2, but nevertheless, that's what it is.
2018-6-26
Use props
Cirius
lvl.3
Canada

Thanks 3D for your answer.  I was also referring to an upgrade from DJI....even if its impossible today and by the fact that I'm lazy
2018-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules