DJI Mavic Pro Excessive noise and flicker in videos.
488 4 2018-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CliffordOnline
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1586398 ft
India

Hi.
So really disappointed with my mavic. Generally, I'm more into quad racing & stuff but I got the Mavic Pro to get some good shots.
I managed to get great shots out of my Mavic. With some extra post, they looked fascinating.
Unfortunately, videos are just awful. Ton of noises and lack of proper detail. Tried resetting gimbal and camera, nothing.
Video details :
Resolution : 4096 x 2160 (Same issue with 1080p)
FPS : 23.9
Colour : Film / Same issue with (Default or Vivid or D-Log)
No other video settings changed
I am providing a sample video :
https://vimeo.com/user86697997/review/277294582/bf03dc18c9

Only workaround till now is manually removing noise with neatvideo which is a tedious project. Even then, this much noise can't be removed resulting in an imperfect video.
And yes, I know that it is tap to focus and I have set C2 to help me with that. I always tap to focus before/after movement.

And lastly, I have an experience of about 4 years in quads and FPV racing. I build quads and test them and even used the Phantom 4 Pro V.2.0 before. Beautiful videography on Phantom.

So my question is,  is the Mavic's video capabilites this bad? Or am I doing something wrong? Or technical issue?

Help. Thanks. Been less than  2 months with the Mavic.

2018-6-27
Use props
CliffordOnline
lvl.2
India

This the new link.
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. Sorry for this trouble. I would like to know if you are getting the files or videos directly from the micro SD card? If yes, have you tried reformatting the SD card or use a different SD card? Looking forward to your response. Thank you.
2018-6-27
Use props
CliffordOnline
lvl.2

Hi Natalia. Thank you very much for your reply. The videos are not the cached versions. They are directly obtained from MicroSD by connecting to Desktop. At first, I used the default 16GB chip. I assumed the problem to be with my microSD. So I changed it to a 64GB Sandisk SD.
And, I didn't try formatting the SD Card. I'll try tomorrow and let you know if it works.

Another thing, is the video supposed to be like this or not?
2018-6-27
Use props
CliffordOnline
lvl.2
India

Formatted SD. No visible improvements.
2018-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules