Gimbal Overload
1607 16 2018-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matt UAV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi guys,
I recently paid £79.00 for my refresh package and received my mavic air back through the post today.

My replacement/refurbished drone seemes to be the one I sent off - and it has returned damaged.

The gimbal is offset and the motor keeps overloading.

What do i do now?

Cheers,

Matt
2018-6-27
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Immediately contact support back and notify them of the problems.  Was your gimbal the problem that caused you to go for your refresh?
2018-6-27
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

Well, I'd contact again DJI and ask for another one if your current drone suffers all the effects you describe.
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, sorry for all the trouble. As mentioned above, you need to contact our support. Please use this link: (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav).
2018-6-27
Use props
Matt UAV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

3-D Posted at 2018-6-27 08:03
Immediately contact support back and notify them of the problems.  Was your gimbal the problem that caused you to go for your refresh?

No it was crash damage
2018-6-27
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matt UAV Posted at 2018-6-27 12:25
No it was crash damage

Yeah, i would absolutely contact them back and get them to get you a proper aircraft.
2018-6-27
Use props
Matt UAV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

3-D Posted at 2018-6-27 12:37
Yeah, i would absolutely contact them back and get them to get you a proper aircraft.

It's just now I have to wait for another 2 weeks to get it examined - I had to pay for the refresh so I paid for a service and received a faulty product. I'm the only person that loses out because I am grounded until they can fix it.
2018-6-27
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matt UAV Posted at 2018-6-27 12:46
It's just now I have to wait for another 2 weeks to get it examined - I had to pay for the refresh so I paid for a service and received a faulty product. I'm the only person that loses out because I am grounded until they can fix it.

yes.  I completely understand.  and I know it sucks.  but what is the other option?  fly a camera drone with a jacked up gimbal?  Then, if you fly it, they're gonna turn around and say you broke it.

I would try to call them and get them to send you a new (refurb) one while they are looking at that one.  that way you get back in the air faster, and they can do what they want with that one.

I would not want to wait at all because they messed up!
2018-6-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

With care refresh you are entitled to New or refurbished as new, you shouldn’t except anything less, and you should be compensated for the trouble this has caused you.

I wish you luck.
2018-6-27
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd start with a Chat Session on the support page of the DJI website.  First sentence.... you Case number, then a description of the damaged replacement/repair.

If you can see damage, take a photo or video.  Offer to attach the video/photo to your chat reply.
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Matt, we are so sorry for the unfortunate experience with our repair center, I failed to get the case number via your Forum account, could you please post here so that we can check more details and escalate your situation to the related team for attention? Thank you.
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Matt, I see you have also updated in another thread and there is the case number, per the case, the aircraft has been replaced under DJI Care Refresh, we do apologize that the drone doesn't work well when you receive it, your experience has been escalated to the appropriate department to follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon, thanks for your patience.
2018-6-27
Use props
Matt UAV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Well... they have sent me another bill to repair the gimbal..

I am trying to escalate to a supervisor but this is ridiculous, i paod for the refreah so i would have peace of mind if anything went wrong - nI ak disappoi ted with DJI as i know they n0rnally have good customer service but in this caae they seemed t9 have let the bar drop.

The engineer that has examined my item seems to think that he sent a fully functioning gimbal back to me... I'd like some proof.

Even if the damage has occured on route to me then the fault lies with the courier service that DJI gave chosen to use.

Not a happy customer
2018-7-4
Use props
Matt UAV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Well, i am very disappointed with the customer service form the Netherlands

I have been contacted by Stefan van den Berk SUPERVISOR SUPPORT NL, DJI Europe.

He has accused me of lying about the condition my Mavic Air was in when it arrived and claims that the gimbal has been damaged with a gimbal clamp. As I do not own nor have i ever even heard of a gimbal clamp and am understandably frustrated.

I have called to try and escalate - It seems that they refuse to acknowledge any fault on their behalf and insist that they sent a fully working aircraft and gimbal.

Help!
2018-7-4
Use props
Matt UAV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-27 13:27
With care refresh you are entitled to New or refurbished as new, you shouldn’t except anything less, and you should be compensated for the trouble this has caused you.

I wish you luck.

Well, They have done the opposite and accused me of lying... I'm disappointed in DJI
2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Matt UAV Posted at 2018-7-4 06:39
Well, They have done the opposite and accused me of lying... I'm disappointed in DJI

Sorry to hear that, we will verify with the local team and our supervisor to see if there is other resolution can be provided, I will keep you updated soon. Please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-7-4
Use props
Matt UAV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-4 20:13
Sorry to hear that, we will verify with the local team and our supervisor to see if there is other resolution can be provided, I will keep you updated soon. Please wait patiently, thank you.

Ok, Thanks Mindy
2018-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules