SE firmware by mistake
774 11 2018-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robertbromm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194987 ft
United States

Installed P3SE firmware on P3S by mistake.  Now the GO app thinks my controller is a SE and I am unable to bind to aircraft.  What is fix to restore controller back to Standard?  
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for what happened. Have you already tried to download the latest firmware of the Phantom 3 Standard and install it in the aircraft?
2018-6-28
Use props
DADINO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73018 ft
Italy

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-28 02:03
Hello there. We apologize for what happened. Have you already tried to download the latest firmware of the Phantom 3 Standard and install it in the aircraft?

Hello!
The same problem but I can't install the new firmware becouse I do not have the camera and the gimbal.
Any other way?
Can I connect the camera from my P3SE to solve the problem?
Thanks in advance,
Daniele
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

DADINO Posted at 2018-8-1 07:58
Hello!
The same problem but I can't install the new firmware becouse I do not have the camera and the gimbal.
Any other way?

Hi there. I'm sorry but what do you mean by you don't have the camera and the gimbal?
2018-8-1
Use props
DADINO
lvl.1
Italy

I bought a P3S used without camera and gimbal (only the drone and the rc)
2018-8-1
Use props
robertbromm
lvl.1
United States

DADINO Posted at 2018-8-1 09:12
I bought a P3S used without camera and gimbal (only the drone and the rc)

I have communicated with DJI in over 30 emails and found that the drone has to be sent back to DJI to re-flash the Non Volatile Memory to reprogram if I don't have a camera.  No other way.  I have a brick now.............
2018-8-1
Use props
DADINO
lvl.1
Italy

Hi Robert!
Thanks for the reply
How will be the total cost for sending to DJI, repair and resend to you the drone?
2018-8-1
Use props
robertbromm
lvl.1
United States

I never sent it in.  I only used the drone with my grandkids to practice flying it and any cost associated is not worth it to me.  It is for spare parts now since it is not capable of flight any longer.  Maybe someday I will come across a used camera and consider replacing and reusing if the price is right.   It is unfortunate that DJI doesn't provide a way to update firmware without a camera but unfortunately, that is the way it is.  
2018-8-1
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

How did you install the firmware without the camera and gimble?  
2018-8-1
Use props
robertbromm
lvl.1
United States

I installed the wrong firmware using the APP.  You would think the App would be smart enough to determine I don't have a SE but it did not.  Can't go backwards with the APP.   I do have a flying SE model and didn't see the "SE" noted on the update when I installed it.  I was trying to correct the issue of the drone staying within 50 feet of me and not letting me fly it wherever I wanted.  It had worked previously but quit.  The firmware installed on the controller and not the drone I believe..  My SE works normally but I don't use the DJI GO app to fly it anymore, got tired of the nuisance warnings and updates.  Flies much better using Litchi APP in my opinion!
2018-8-1
Use props
DADINO
lvl.1
Italy

Please, Could you explain step by step how you linked the "wrong rc" to the AC (P3S)?
I can't do it in any way and I can't update the software from DJI GO App
2018-8-1
Use props
robertbromm
lvl.1
United States

DADINO Posted at 2018-8-1 22:28
Please, Could you explain step by step how you linked the "wrong rc" to the AC (P3S)?
I can't do it in any way and I can't update the software from DJI GO App

I was using the DJI GO app on my iphone and when I turned on my controller and drone ( both Phantom Standard ) I received an update message on the app telling me to download the new firmware.  At the time, I didn't notice that it was recognizing my controller and drone as a SE model and not a standard.  I downloaded the firmware to my phone and installed it with the App.  After doing so, the controller would no longer bind to the phantom and rendered it unusable.  I tried to update the firmware using a USB stick and the BIN file suggested by DJI but this method will only work using the camera card slot and installing the file via the mini SD card.  
2018-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules