Brand New Mavic Air that was never flown sent in for main controller error
1448 28 2018-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3072448 ft
  • >>>

I have a brand new Mavic Air that was sent in for main controller error. I had several errors about the IMU, accelerator, and Gimble. This Mavic Air was purchased brand new and unable to do one single flight because of the errors fresh out the box.I purchased DJI refresh before initially opening  this Mavic Air. I sent it in for repair and it will arrive at the Grapevine Tx location in the United States today. My question is will DJI try to use one of my refresh repairs for this or will they honor that the product was faulty and cover it under warranty as they should. Also does anyone know the turn around time on receiving my unit back.  This isn’t my first DJI product, so to have a brand new product be delivered dead on arrival weakens my faith in a company that I have grown to love. I am a loyal customer who sticks with brands that I like for years to come. I hope DJI can do the right thing in this situation in a timely manner so that I will remain a customer for years to come . Anyone else with similar experiences or feedback?
2018-6-28
Use props
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
  • >>>

Brand New , Never flown Mavic Air dead on arrival, sent for repair

I have a brand new Mavic Air that was sent in for main controller error. I had several errors about the IMU, accelerator, and Gimble. This Mavic Air was purchased brand new and unable to do one single flight because of the errors fresh out the box.I purchased DJI refresh before initially opening  this Mavic Air. I sent it in for repair and it will arrive at the Grapevine Tx location in the United States today. My question is will DJI try to use one of my refresh repairs for this or will they honor that the product was faulty and cover it under warranty as they should. Also does anyone know the turn around time on receiving my unit back.  This isn’t my first DJI product, so to have a brand new product be delivered dead on arrival weakens my faith in a company that I have grown to love. I am a loyal customer who sticks with brands that I like for years to come. I hope DJI can do the right thing in this situation in a timely manner so that I will remain a customer for years to come . Anyone else with similar experiences or feedback?
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if you have some issues with your newly purchased DJI Mavic Air. May we ask for your case ( CAS ) number. We're here to help.
2018-6-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

This will be a warranty case for sure and not affect your care refresh. I have no own experience with the turn around time but others report that it is usually around two weeks.
2018-6-28
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft

When and where did you buy it?
2018-6-28
Use props
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-28 07:47
Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if you have some issues with your newly purchased DJI Mavic Air. May we ask for your case ( CAS ) number. We're here to help.

My case number is CAS-1925738-C2N7P1
2018-6-28
Use props
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
  • >>>

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-28 08:01
When and where did you buy it?

I bought it from QVC about a week and a half ago. Just opened it this pass Sunday because of the weather.
2018-6-28
Use props
GazFromBrum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38606 ft
United Kingdom

Why did you not just return it to QVC...…. My first MA was purchased from Argos..... it too was DOA with same faults as you seem to have had...….. I immediately rang Argos who replaced it with new one the following day.
2018-6-28
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft

You may have been better off just returning it for an exchange thru them, not sure as to what their exchange/return policy is being that I have never purchased from them. I assume you live in the US as it went to Grapevine TX for repair. Mavic Airs are readily available to most Best Buys, Costco and Amazon, at least the items can be returned or refunded without the wait you may experience on the repair. They may also send you a refurbished unit as a replacement,
2018-6-28
Use props
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
  • >>>

GazFromBrum Posted at 2018-6-28 08:27
Why did you not just return it to QVC...…. My first MA was purchased from Argos..... it too was DOA with same faults as you seem to have had...….. I immediately rang Argos who replaced it with new one the following day.

In hindsight , this is what I probably should have done. I had already purchased the refresh for this serial number and I didn’t know how that would transfer . Well it would have been better to just lose the cost of refresh and have a new drone that works instead of a refurbished one when I clearly paid the price for a brand new one
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. Sorry to hear about what happened to your aircraft. Once the unit receives by our facility team, this will go under damaged assessment. After the assessment, facility team will send you an email for the feedback and the resolution. It will also show on the notation or feedback if the unit will be under the unit's warranty or DJI Care Refresh. If you do have more questions, you may feel free to reply to this post and I am very much willing to assist you.
2018-6-28
Use props
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-28 09:57
Hello. Sorry to hear about what happened to your aircraft. Once the unit receives by our facility team, this will go under damaged assessment. After the assessment, facility team will send you an email for the feedback and the resolution. It will also show on the notation or feedback if the unit will be under the unit's warranty or DJI Care Refresh. If you do have more questions, you may feel free to reply to this post and I am very much willing to assist you.

Hello, my return package(Mavic Air with main control error) is listed on UPS as being delievered yesterday at 2:55pm and received by Overby but it still doesn’t list as being received on the progress inquiry when I check my status. Why is this and when can I expect progress and my Mavic Air back?
2018-6-29
Use props
GazFromBrum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38606 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy Posted at 2018-6-28 08:37
In hindsight , this is what I probably should have done. I had already purchased the refresh for this serial number and I didn’t know how that would transfer . Well it would have been better to just lose the cost of refresh and have a new drone that works instead of a refurbished one when I clearly paid the price for a brand new one

well I hope you get it resolved quickly...… the MA is a fabulous drone..... my replacement MA has been faultless from day one so don't loose heart..... you'll forget the issue once you've received it back and have it flying.
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy Posted at 2018-6-29 06:57
Hello, my return package(Mavic Air with main control error) is listed on UPS as being delievered yesterday at 2:55pm and received by Overby but it still doesn’t list as being received on the progress inquiry when I check my status. Why is this and when can I expect progress and my Mavic Air back?

The repair process for Mavic Air will take approximately 5 to 7 business days. You will be notified via email once the facility receives the unit from their end.
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We managed to get your case number via your Forum account CAS-1925738-C2N7P1, the package has been registered in our system and our repair center will get it addressed as soon as possible, hope you will get it back soon, thanks for your patience very much.
2018-6-29
Use props
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-29 19:24
We managed to get your case number via your Forum account CAS-1925738-C2N7P1, the package has been registered in our system and our repair center will get it addressed as soon as possible, hope you will get it back soon, thanks for your patience very much.

Thank you. I look forward to flying soon.
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy Posted at 2018-6-29 19:33
Thank you. I look forward to flying soon.

You are welcome, please let us know any time if you need any assistance.
2018-6-29
Use props
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-29 20:26

Hello DJI Mindy. I received an email stating that my Mavic Air has shipped and they provided me with a tracking 1ZX902W9A840243480. This tracking number does not work on UPSs site however and it says “UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request . Did they send the correct tracking number for my repair ?
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy Posted at 2018-7-5 08:34
Hello DJI Mindy. I received an email stating that my Mavic Air has shipped and they provided me with a tracking 1ZX902W9A840243480. This tracking number does not work on UPSs site however and it says “UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request . Did they send the correct tracking number for my repair ?

The tracking number is correct, maybe the UPS website hasn't updated the status when you check it, I just checked and it works, please try again.
2018-7-5
Use props
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-29 20:26

Hello, my Mavic Air was recently sent back to be repaired. It was non functioning when I first bought it brand new. I sent it in and DJI has deemed it as a warranty repair and I didn't have to use an instance of DJI refresh that I had purchased. My case number wasCAS-1925738-C2N7P1. The Mavic Air that was returned to me has a different serial number and after I activated it a message popped up saying that I have 48 hours to purchase DJI care refresh. I purchased this for the original Mavic Air that I sent in. Does this automatically transfer to the new unit since it has a new serial number. Is there anything additional that I have to do?
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy Posted at 2018-7-10 18:13
Hello, my Mavic Air was recently sent back to be repaired. It was non functioning when I first bought it brand new. I sent it in and DJI has deemed it as a warranty repair and I didn't have to use an instance of DJI refresh that I had purchased. My case number wasCAS-1925738-C2N7P1. The Mavic Air that was returned to me has a different serial number and after I activated it a message popped up saying that I have 48 hours to purchase DJI care refresh. I purchased this for the original Mavic Air that I sent in. Does this automatically transfer to the new unit since it has a new serial number. Is there anything additional that I have to do?

Yes, DJI Care Refresh should have been transferred, please check the status here: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage
2018-7-10
Use props
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-10 22:41
Yes, DJI Care Refresh should have been transferred, please check the status here: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage

When placing the new serial number of the craft in it says it has no Dji refresh coverage. Can you fix this? The serial number is 0K1DF3V2ADF5RH. That’s the new serial number. My original craft which I purchased the dji refresh serial number is OK1DF3V1BD0VU1
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy Posted at 2018-7-11 01:48
When placing the new serial number of the craft in it says it has no Dji refresh coverage. Can you fix this? The serial number is 0K1DF3V2ADF5RH. That’s the new serial number. My original craft which I purchased the dji refresh serial number is OK1DF3V1BD0VU1

When I input the serial number, the status is normal. Can you please try again? GTScreenshot_20180711_203852.png
2018-7-11
Use props
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-11 04:07
When I input the serial number, the status is normal. Can you please try again?[view_image]

Thank you it works
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

You are welcome, enjoy flying.
2018-7-11
Use props
fans7de216cf
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-11 23:29
You are welcome, enjoy flying.

Hi!

I have the same problem, main controller error. It was purchased june 2018, then the error appeared last nov 2018. Does it cover for the warranty?  
CAS-2501371-S3T3W3

I send my drone and controller
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans7de216cf Posted at 12-10 10:07
Hi!

I have the same problem, main controller error. It was purchased june 2018, then the error appeared last nov 2018. Does it cover for the warranty?  

Hi there, upon checking your case, the unit has been involved in the crash before. May I know what happened at that time and was it pilot error or not? If you have any doubts about the crash, please kindly write an email to support@dji.com and offer the accident time and your DJI account, the team will take care and try our best to help you.
2018-12-10
Use props
fans7de216cf
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI Susan Posted at 12-10 23:33
Hi there, upon checking your case, the unit has been involved in the crash before. May I know what happened at that time and was it pilot error or not? If you have any doubts about the crash, please kindly write an email to  and offer the accident time and your DJI account, the team will take care and try our best to help you.

It was pilot error i tried to landing in a hightable  in the park but i didnot notice that the other landing foot was hanging so it fell off the ground.

So, if the drone was crash before or was crashed the main controller data error will appear?
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans7de216cf Posted at 12-10 23:52
It was pilot error i tried to landing in a hightable  in the park but i didnot notice that the other landing foot was hanging so it fell off the ground.

So, if the drone was crash before or was crashed the main controller data error will appear?

The error might appear if the drone has been involved in the crash before as the performance cannot be ensured. For your situation, I'm afraid that we cannot offer warranty service for you. The quotation has been sent to you, please kindly check whether you have received it, thank you. If there is any further concern, feel free to contact us.
2018-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules