Things i would like to know about the v2 and RE Goggles
1543 7 2018-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

Hi every one
                  Just a few questions for the phantom pro v2 owners out there specificaly if you have the goggles as well.
Question no 1 : Has the v2 zoom capiblities like the mavic pro and phantom 4 . On the mavic pro and phantom 4 you can both zoom using the directional button on the controler or bye swiping on the goggles panel.

Question no 2 : Are the new goggles a better fit than the original white ones and if not does that mean there is less or more light leakage compared to the original white goggles.
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. Please see the answer to your inquiries.

1. No. Only the Phantom 4 has a 2x digital zoom.

2. Are the new goggles you are referring to is the DJI Goggles RE? If yes, please see the comparison of two DJI Goggles.

The color of DJI Goggles Racing Edition is red & black while that of DJI Goggles is white & grey.
The headband’s inner liner material for the DJI Goggles Racing Edition is artificial leather while that of DJI Goggles is sponge.
An analog video transmission module is mounted to DJI Goggles Racing Edition to receive analog image transmission signals.
DJI Goggles Racing Edition has a DJI OcuSync Air Unit.
The DJI Goggles Racing Edition supports third-party remote controller signal inputs.
The DJI Goggles Racing Edition supports all the previous features of the DJI Googles.
Goggles RE supports 360-degree panoramas and local videos playing.
Goggles RE has all the features that the old version has.
2018-6-28
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

Thanks but i would still be interested to hear from anyone who has the goggle i reference to the fit and light leakage .
2018-6-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

thedman321 Posted at 2018-6-28 09:23
Thanks but i would still be interested to hear from anyone who has the goggle i reference to the fit and light leakage .

I noticed no light leakage when i had the white goggles, just couln't get the right focus anyhow.
You really should try it out yourself, we're not all build the same and what work for one does not necessarily work for others, like my initial statement.
2018-6-29
Use props
TahoeFlyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 203983 ft
United States

I have the googles (race edition) and P4PV2. Great combo. I have not noticed any light leeks while using the goggles. My wife with glasses reports the same. When not on you can see reflections but as soon as they turn on they can not be seen.

The head tracking in smooth mode is incredible. Worth getting the goggles if you get the V2.

The only bad I have noticed is a decrease in transmission quality/ability at range while using the app on a phone and googles. The goggles cut out but the controller never did. May be a combined bandwidth thing. Have not seen this issue with just the goggles and no phone.
2018-6-29
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

Thanks for the information. I think the the range at 1080p is much better than i would of expected. Obviously it depends a lot on where you are flying . Any obstruction will degrade signal but i'm very impressed with the range
2018-7-4
Use props
thedman321
lvl.2
Ireland

TahoeFlyer Posted at 2018-6-29 22:33
I have the googles (race edition) and P4PV2. Great combo. I have not noticed any light leeks while using the goggles. My wife with glasses reports the same. When not on you can see reflections but as soon as they turn on they can not be seen.

The head tracking in smooth mode is incredible. Worth getting the goggles if you get the V2.

Thanks for the information. I think the the range at 1080p is much better than i would of expected. Obviously it depends a lot on where you are flying . Any obstruction will degrade signal but i'm very impressed with the range
2018-7-4
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have the RE and the older white goggles. The RE are definitely more comfortable in the padding and with my particular head/face shape, the light leakage is less on the RE's. The white goggles bleed light from underneath pretty bad. The RE are more capable overall but the external 5.8ghz antenna is a pain. I've broken mine so many times now bumping it into things it's almost solid solder on the bottom at the connector now, which is where the antenna always breaks. The alternative is to take the antenna off every time you transport it, but that works the connector in the goggles over and over. If that ever wore out and had to be replaced, that'd be a lot more of a nightmare than just breaking an antenna .

Other than that, the RE is the way to go...
2018-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules