No drone,no refund button and tariffs
885 17 2018-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_YoSZZnWAyuyI
lvl.1
United States

I ordered a drone on June 15 and the payment was recieved and authorized ( Order number 0019835780430)
I have not recieved any shipping notice.Your site states it ships in 1 day. The refund button disappeared a week ago.
I ordered it then to avoid a possible 30-35% surcharge on July 6. (Many tariffs take effect)
I have three questions

1. Why has this not shipped?

2. If it can not ship why can I not get a refund?

3. Will they add a ~$250 fee for tariffs if it ships after July 6?

2018-6-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

So, they are imposing tariffs on dji products?
2018-6-28
Use props
djiuser_YoSZZnWAyuyI
lvl.1
United States

I am not sure if anyone except DJI and Customs knows the answer to this question.  There does seem to be several  references in the first list. I just wanted to avoid any possible fees or
delays caused by the July 6 date.

https://www.suasnews.com/2018/04 ... ian-drone-industry/

https://ustr.gov/about-us/policy ... uct-list-fact-sheet
This list of products consists of two sets of U.S tariff lines.  The first set contains 818 lines of the original 1,333 lines that were included on the proposed list published on April 6.  These lines cover approximately $34 billion worth of imports from China.  USTR has determined to impose an additional duty of 25 percent on these 818 product lines after having sought and received views from the public and advice from the appropriate trade advisory committees.  Customs and Border Protection will begin to collect the additional duties on July 6, 2018.

Early list items

Lithium batteries
Airplanes and other powered aircraft, nesoi, with an unladen weight not over 2,000 kg
Photogrammetrical surveying instruments and appliances, other than electrical
Optical surveying, hydrographic, oceanographic, hydrological, meteorological or geophysical instruments and appliances, nesoi
2018-6-28
Use props
djiuser_YoSZZnWAyuyI
lvl.1
United States

The most important issue on the list is Why has this not shipped???????   I should not have trusted DJI direct sales. If I would have bought through Amazon or B H photo I would have it now and
have some service support. Also Amazon and B H photo were selling them for substantially less than DJI direct. I can not even find out when this will ship or if I can get a refund from DJI direct.
2018-6-28
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

djiuser_YoSZZnWAyuyI Posted at 2018-6-28 15:53
The most important issue on the list is Why has this not shipped???????   I should not have trusted DJI direct sales. If I would have bought through Amazon or B H photo I would have it now and
have some service support. Also Amazon and B H photo were selling them for substantially less than DJI direct. I can not even find out when this will ship or if I can get a refund from DJI direct.

Was the drone the only thing in that order?
2018-6-28
Use props
djiuser_YoSZZnWAyuyI
lvl.1
United States

Yes Only the drone was in the order
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are so sorry for the delay in shipping, we are verifying with the related team about its current status and will come back to you soon, please wait a moment, thank you.
2018-6-28
Use props
djiuser_YoSZZnWAyuyI
lvl.1
United States

"please wait a moment, thank you"
20 hours is a more than a moment. Is there anyone out there?
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_YoSZZnWAyuyI Posted at 2018-6-29 14:22
"please wait a moment, thank you"
20 hours is a more than a moment. Is there anyone out there?

Sir, our Sales Team is verifying with the warehouse, sorry that we haven't get the update yet, the update may get delayed because of the weekend, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
2018-6-29
Use props
djiuser_YoSZZnWAyuyI
lvl.1
United States

It is taking longer to answer this question than your website states it takes to ship. I asked on Thursday now I have to wait until Tuesday because of time difference.
2018-6-30
Use props
djiuser_YoSZZnWAyuyI
lvl.1
United States

"In the event that an item is out of stock or for any other reason is unable to be shipped, we will notify you in time. We will keep the order open unless told to cancel it. When the item is in stock, we will ship it out immediately."

According to your policy you are suppose to notify me if you cannot ship. I have received no notification from you.
I have documented your shipping time promises in this order. Since you have to call the warehouse to find missing
orders that indicates you do not have the software infrastructure to support your own policies.
For a company that writes AI software this should not be difficult. I would look at some blockchain software.
I am sure there are outside companies that could help you with this. Having inventory management software would help
if you are going public or looking for financing. You can also do it the old fashion way where the warehouse faxes you a list of nonshipped items daily.
To me this is a matter of your trustworthiness as a company. Can I trust you to actually resolve this issue correctly
or am I going to get a box of junk because they do not have working parts and had to ship something?
2018-6-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_YoSZZnWAyuyI Posted at 2018-6-30 13:23
"In the event that an item is out of stock or for any other reason is unable to be shipped, we will notify you in time. We will keep the order open unless told to cancel it. When the item is in stock, we will ship it out immediately."

Sorry for the troubles. There might be some delay due to the weekend, we'll come back as long as there is an update. Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
2018-6-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sorry to have kept you waiting, per the team's investigation, it seems you have contacted our support before that you may need to cancel the order, then the order was held since we didn't get our verification. We will have someone to contact you to verify again very soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-7-2
Use props
djiuser_YoSZZnWAyuyI
lvl.1
United States

What does this mean???
I contacted support because a new drone was put on sale at a cost less than a refurbished drone. They stated the the DJI Store at Amazon is not the same company
as DJI and you do not price match.
Again according to your policy someone should have contacted me.

" we didn't get our verification." Again what does this mean?  You have my money and there has been no indication of any hold. Does your software allow anyone to just put an order on hold
without any indication?  Also why did it take 4 days to find out it was on hold.

Also as mentioned in the first email there is no way to cancel an order.
2018-7-2
Use props
djiuser_YoSZZnWAyuyI
lvl.1
United States

Another day no email notification no resolution. Is there anyway to resolve this issue? Can we escalate this to a manager or assign it to a different service person?

I purchase this drone to train students in GIS, photogrametry and drone usage. I paid for it with my own money.
If you can not supply the drone it would be extremely helpful if you let me know soon.
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_YoSZZnWAyuyI Posted at 2018-7-2 17:12
Another day no email notification no resolution. Is there anyway to resolve this issue? Can we escalate this to a manager or assign it to a different service person?

I purchase this drone to train students in GIS, photogrametry and drone usage. I paid for it with my own money.

Sir, our support team should have contacted you but failed, then a voicemail has been left. You may check it.
There may be some understanding between you and the support team, we have informed the sales team to ship out the drone in priority and give you 10USD DJI Credit as a compensation for the inconvenience caused. Please note the email later with the tracking number and let us know if you have any further concern.
2018-7-2
Use props
djiuser_YoSZZnWAyuyI
lvl.1
United States

Thanks, I did not get the email. I did get a voice mail that they were trying to contact me.  
I checked my email in my profile is correct. Let me know if you need any further information.
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_YoSZZnWAyuyI Posted at 2018-7-2 21:15
Thanks, I did not get the email. I did get a voice mail that they were trying to contact me.  
I checked my email in my profile is correct. Let me know if you need any further information.

Th related warehouse will ship the drone as soon as possible, the email of the tracking number will be sent to you once it is shipped, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules