Mavic Air does not leave the ground
464 11 2018-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zlqvXPJauTwU
lvl.1

I have crashed my Air once but aside from a couple nicka and stratches, everything looks intact. I have replaced all the propellers but when i try to take off, it does seem to be able to leave the ground.

Can anyone help?
2018-6-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. May I know how high did the drone crashed? Is there an error message on your DJI Go app?
2018-6-30
Use props
djiuser_zlqvXPJauTwU
lvl.1

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-30 09:14
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. May I know how high did the drone crashed? Is there an error message on your DJI Go app?

It drifted into a wall at around 3 meters but it regained control before descending. It did not drop as the props were still spinning when it hit the ground. Looks like no visible external damage anywhere besides the scratches. Also, there was a downward vision sensor error but i re calibrated it with the DJI assistant app now there is no more error. Aside from that, no other errors in the DJI Go app.
2018-6-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry to know that your DJI Mavic Air crashed and now it is not able to leave the ground and fly. Since the DJI Mavic Air crashed the best thing we need to do is to send the DJI Mavic Air for repair. There might be no damage on the external part of the Drone, but the crash might damage the internal parts of the DJI Mavic Air that is why it is not able to fly. I will be posting the online repair request link for you to create a ticket for your Drone ( https://repair.dji.com/repair/index ). Please sync the flight records of the Drone using the DJI Go 4 application.
2018-6-30
Use props
djiuser_zlqvXPJauTwU
lvl.1

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-30 10:26
Hi. I am sorry to know that your DJI Mavic Air crashed and now it is not able to leave the ground and fly. Since the DJI Mavic Air crashed the best thing we need to do is to send the DJI Mavic Air for repair. There might be no damage on the external part of the Drone, but the crash might damage the internal parts of the DJI Mavic Air that is why it is not able to fly. I will be posting the online repair request link for you to create a ticket for your Drone ( https://repair.dji.com/repair/index ). Please sync the flight records of the Drone using the DJI Go 4 application.

When i imputed my serial number, it says that service is unavailable?
2018-6-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_zlqvXPJauTwU Posted at 2018-6-30 11:29
When i imputed my serial number, it says that service is unavailable?

Have you got props on the right way black on black, white on white.
2018-6-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for that information. Please try to send an email to this email address support@dji.com. Tell them the issue that you are having today and that you are not able to input the serial number of the Drone.
2018-6-30
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-30 11:52
Have you got props on the right way black on black, white on white.

In addition to "hallmark's' suggestion, remove the props and inspect the motors for any small pieces of plastic or other debris.   I had one of the small prop tabs chip off and didn't notice the chip was wedged in the motor (rotor?).  Got an odd motor error message.  I removed the debris, installed all new props and no further issues.  FWIW, checking the prop tabs should be part of an after crash ( aka, unintentional landing) check up.
2018-6-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

WebParrot Posted at 2018-6-30 14:29
In addition to "hallmark's' suggestion, remove the props and inspect the motors for any small pieces of plastic or other debris.   I had one of the small prop tabs chip off and didn't notice the chip was wedged in the motor (rotor?).  Got an odd motor error message.  I removed the debris, installed all new props and no further issues.  FWIW, checking the prop tabs should be part of an after crash ( aka, unintentional landing) check up.

I really love the term "unintentional landing", thank you very much for that! :-)
2018-6-30
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-30 14:38
I really love the term "unintentional landing", thank you very much for that! :-)

yeah. I liked that one too.
2018-6-30
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-30 14:38

Thx.  That's a characterization that carries over from many years of flying stunt kites.  Unintentional landings are expensive in that hobby as well.  
2018-7-2
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-6-30 18:31
yeah. I liked that one too.

Thx to you, too.
FWIW, stunt kites don't come with any NFZ warnings and are still fun to fly ... although some rookie kite pilots complain that they come with too many 'strings' attached, as well.  :-)
2018-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules