12Next >
3039 70 2018-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SergioIzi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1793609 ft
Brazil

Hello, I made my first flight yesterday and today the second flight. I charged the battery 100% and could not fly for more than 8 minutes and the battery got 25%. I re-charged 100% and just turned the drone on for 2 minutes and went to 95%. What is happening? The drone is new! I do not have another battery to test. Thank you.
2018-6-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

it is normal
2018-6-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

it have 21 minutes of flight time, and the flight time will depends on how you fly it and the environment  
2018-6-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

By the way welcome to the forum!
2018-6-30
Use props
SergioIzi
lvl.2
Brazil

Hello Jacson, I agree with you, but I'm going to do a test today, I'm going to stabilize the drone at 2 meters high and see how long the battery lasts. I'll tell you later. Thanks for your help! Greetings from Brazil!
2018-7-1
Use props
SergioIzi
lvl.2
Brazil

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-6-30 18:14
By the way welcome to the forum!

Thank you so much!!
2018-7-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi, Welcome to DJI Forum. The battery consumption of the DJI Mavic Air will depend on the condition that you are flying your Drone. I will post a link where you can find the flight time specs of the DJI Mavic Air. Hope this will help you.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#specs

2018-7-1
Use props
SergioIzi
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-1 14:42
Hi, Welcome to DJI Forum. The battery consumption of the DJI Mavic Air will depend on the condition that you are flying your Drone. I will post a link where you can find the flight time specs of the DJI Mavic Air. Hope this will help you.

Susan, I agree with you, but I just called the drone, without flying, and with 5 minutes the battery went down 4% ... I think this is not normal! Greetings from Brazil
2018-7-1
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

SergioIzi Posted at 2018-7-1 16:41
Susan, I agree with you, but I just called the drone, without flying, and with 5 minutes the battery went down 4% ... I think this is not normal! Greetings from Brazil

That sounds about right. When I fly in Sport mode and it's windy I'm lucky to get 10 minutes out of one battery. Plus I've had some close calls when the battery is below 30% so don't rely on using the last 25-30% of your battery to get back or maneuver.
2018-7-1
Use props
SergioIzi
lvl.2
Brazil

Bing Err Posted at 2018-7-1 16:50
That sounds about right. When I fly in Sport mode and it's windy I'm lucky to get 10 minutes out of one battery. Plus I've had some close calls when the battery is below 30% so don't rely on using the last 25-30% of your battery to get back or maneuver.

Hi, thanks for your replay, I'm more relaxed. Greetings from Brazil!
2018-7-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

you are welcome buddy! fly safe
2018-7-1
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Best way to test is try and fly where there is absolutely no wind and just let it hover.  You should get roughly 15-18 minutes give or take.  They key is keep an eye on the rpm.  Anytime you are fighting the elements like wind and or ascending you will notice the rpm is considerably higher.  Just a hover or flying normal with no wind you will see it is lower.  Also make sure you are not in sports mode as that will drain your battery much faster as well.
2018-7-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

SergioIzi Posted at 2018-7-1 08:07
Hello Jacson, I agree with you, but I'm going to do a test today, I'm going to stabilize the drone at 2 meters high and see how long the battery lasts. I'll tell you later. Thanks for your help! Greetings from Brazil!

by the way when you hovering you can't get 21 minutes of battery life, maybe lower than 20 minutes.
Hopefully your test goes well buddy
2018-7-1
Use props
SergioIzi
lvl.2
Brazil

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-1 17:17
Best way to test is try and fly where there is absolutely no wind and just let it hover.  You should get roughly 15-18 minutes give or take.  They key is keep an eye on the rpm.  Anytime you are fighting the elements like wind and or ascending you will notice the rpm is considerably higher.  Just a hover or flying normal with no wind you will see it is lower.  Also make sure you are not in sports mode as that will drain your battery much faster as well.

Hello, I'm hoping to reduce the wind here where I live and then do this test. Thanks for your replay. Greetings from Brazil!!
2018-7-1
Use props
SergioIzi
lvl.2
Brazil

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-7-1 17:17
by the way when you hovering you can't get 21 minutes of battery life, maybe lower than 20 minutes.

Hi Jackson, when I take the test I will post here. Thanks for the replay. Good flights ever !! Greetings from Brazil.
2018-7-1
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

SergioIzi Posted at 2018-7-1 17:25
Hello, I'm hoping to reduce the wind here where I live and then do this test. Thanks for your replay. Greetings from Brazil!!

I would absolutely love to be able to reduce the wind here as well.  Please tell me the secret.  Do you have a weather machine?  Would love to be able to get ahold of one   Just kidding here.  
2018-7-1
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

SergioIzi Posted at 2018-7-1 08:07

Be sure that it is fully charged.  Don't pull it off the charger just because all of the LEDs on the battery light.  It needs to charge until all of the LEDs shut off.
2018-7-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have to agree with everyone here, the mavic air and the spark have this same thing, where once power on the drone and just let it idle it will drain roughly 1% every minute..maybe a bit slower..
i dont know if its just reduced battery compacity or what, but its normal.

mavic pro on the other hand, i see 1% every 5 minutes it idels.. but thats differant animal.
2018-7-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

SergioIzi Posted at 2018-7-1 17:50
Hi Jackson, when I take the test I will post here. Thanks for the replay. Good flights ever !! Greetings from Brazil.

alright
2018-7-2
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Even if you are not flying, the drone obviously needs power, sensors are working, camera is working, the communication between the drone and RC etc. etc.

You should have ~ 15 min flight time before you have to land, then everything is fine.
2018-7-2
Use props
SergioIzi
lvl.2
Brazil

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-1 17:55
I would absolutely love to be able to reduce the wind here as well.  Please tell me the secret.  Do you have a weather machine?  Would love to be able to get ahold of one   Just kidding here.

Unfortunately I do not have it, if you know of someone who has, please let me know! KKKK Greetings !!
2018-7-2
Use props
SergioIzi
lvl.2
Brazil

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-7-1 19:32
Be sure that it is fully charged.  Don't pull it off the charger just because all of the LEDs on the battery light.  It needs to charge until all of the LEDs shut off.

Hello Gary, I always check after charging if it is at 100%. Thanks for the replay, greetings from Brazil !!
2018-7-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've never got 20 or 21 minutes with the MA. Take off with a 100% battery and in normal flight conditions I can expect 16-19 minutes averaging around 17. If I fly more in Sport mode then more like 14-15 minutes. The biggest drain on the battery is fast winds - that can knock serious time off the flight.
The fluctuation of your battery power readings seems like an error.
2018-7-2
Use props
Kevinab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2159006 ft
Sweden

the flight time varies depending on ur energy usage, in sport mode an 8 min flight is pretty normal when hitting it hard. also the drone is far more complex inside than it seems, it has a fully fledged SOC complete with processor, OS, IO.. etc meaning when its on its actuly like running a low end ultra-book, hence why it needs a pretty loud fan. and as with modern day processors, they require a good bit of wattage
2018-7-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kevinab Posted at 2018-7-2 04:56
the flight time varies depending on ur energy usage, in sport mode an 8 min flight is pretty normal when hitting it hard. also the drone is far more complex inside than it seems, it has a fully fledged SOC complete with processor, OS, IO.. etc meaning when its on its actuly like running a low end ultra-book, hence why it needs a pretty loud fan. and as with modern day processors, they require a good bit of wattage

8 minutes? Wow - I've never got less than 13 even in 20 odd MPH winds in Sport mode.
2018-7-2
Use props
SergioIzi
lvl.2
Brazil

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-7-1 17:17

Hi Jackson, this morning I enjoyed that there was no wind and I had a test. I started with 94% of the battery and stabilized the drone at a height of 1.60 meters, without filming and timemetrei until the alarm of 30%. It was only 12 minutes. There was a slight breeze, but it did not last more than 3 minutes. Greetings!!
2018-7-2
Use props
SergioIzi
lvl.2
Brazil

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-1 17:55
I would absolutely love to be able to reduce the wind here as well.  Please tell me the secret.  Do you have a weather machine?  Would love to be able to get ahold of one   Just kidding here.

Hi, this morning I enjoyed that there was no wind and I had a test. I started with 94% of the battery and stabilized the drone at a height of 1.60 meters, without filming and timemetrei until the alarm of 30%. It was only 12 minutes. There was a slight breeze, but it did not last more than 3 minutes. Greetings!!
2018-7-2
Use props
SergioIzi
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-1 14:42
Hi, Welcome to DJI Forum. The battery consumption of the DJI Mavic Air will depend on the condition that you are flying your Drone. I will post a link where you can find the flight time specs of the DJI Mavic Air. Hope this will help you.

Hi, this morning I enjoyed that there was no wind and I had a test. I started with 94% of the battery and stabilized the drone at a height of 1.60 meters, without filming and timemetrei until the alarm of 30%. It was only 12 minutes. There was a slight breeze, but it did not last more than 3 minutes. Greetings!!
2018-7-2
Use props
SergioIzi
lvl.2
Brazil

A CW Posted at 2018-7-2 04:58
8 minutes? Wow - I've never got less than 13 even in 20 odd MPH winds in Sport mode.

2018-7-2
Use props
SergioIzi
lvl.2
Brazil

Kevinab Posted at 2018-7-2 04:56
the flight time varies depending on ur energy usage, in sport mode an 8 min flight is pretty normal when hitting it hard. also the drone is far more complex inside than it seems, it has a fully fledged SOC complete with processor, OS, IO.. etc meaning when its on its actuly like running a low end ultra-book, hence why it needs a pretty loud fan. and as with modern day processors, they require a good bit of wattage

Hi Kevin, I agree with you, but, this morning I enjoyed that there was no wind and I had a test. I started with 94% of the battery and stabilized the drone at a height of 1.60 meters, without filming and timemetrei until the alarm of 30%. It was only 12 minutes. There was a slight breeze, but it did not last more than 3 minutes. Thank you for you replay. Greetings!!
2018-7-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SergioIzi Posted at 2018-7-2 07:01
Hi, this morning I enjoyed that there was no wind and I had a test. I started with 94% of the battery and stabilized the drone at a height of 1.60 meters, without filming and timemetrei until the alarm of 30%. It was only 12 minutes. There was a slight breeze, but it did not last more than 3 minutes. Greetings!!

Sounds like you have a defective battery. I would contact DJI support and arrange for a replacement.
2018-7-2
Use props
SergioIzi
lvl.2
Brazil

A CW Posted at 2018-7-2 07:15
Sounds like you have a defective battery. I would contact DJI support and arrange for a replacement.

I also think so, unfortunately. The problem is to expect to arrive in Brazil !! Thanks for your replay. Greetings.
2018-7-2
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

SergioIzi Posted at 2018-7-2 06:31
Hi Jackson, this morning I enjoyed that there was no wind and I had a test. I started with 94% of the battery and stabilized the drone at a height of 1.60 meters, without filming and timemetrei until the alarm of 30%. It was only 12 minutes. There was a slight breeze, but it did not last more than 3 minutes. Greetings!!

hmm I think it is a bit short you should get around 18-19
2018-7-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SergioIzi Posted at 2018-7-2 07:27
I also think so, unfortunately. The problem is to expect to arrive in Brazil !! Thanks for your replay. Greetings.

hipping to Brazil will be difficult. Best wishes.
2018-7-2
Use props
SergioIzi
lvl.2
Brazil

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-7-2 07:41
hmm I think it is a bit short you should get around 18-19

Hi Jackson, of course, so I think the battery is faulty, unfortunately. Thank you! Greetings !!
2018-7-2
Use props
SergioIzi
lvl.2
Brazil

A CW Posted at 2018-7-2 04:37
I've never got 20 or 21 minutes with the MA. Take off with a 100% battery and in normal flight conditions I can expect 16-19 minutes averaging around 17. If I fly more in Sport mode then more like 14-15 minutes. The biggest drain on the battery is fast winds - that can knock serious time off the flight.
The fluctuation of your battery power readings seems like an error.

I will check the float, but, so I believe the battery is faulty, unfortunately. Thank you! Greetings !!
2018-7-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SergioIzi Posted at 2018-7-2 10:37
I will check the float, but, so I believe the battery is faulty, unfortunately. Thank you! Greetings !!

No probs      
2018-7-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

How old is your battery and how many cycles does it have? Did you leave it charged many times unused for a while where it discharged?
2018-7-2
Use props
Kevinab
lvl.3
Sweden

SergioIzi Posted at 2018-7-2 07:06
Hi Kevin, I agree with you, but, this morning I enjoyed that there was no wind and I had a test. I started with 94% of the battery and stabilized the drone at a height of 1.60 meters, without filming and timemetrei until the alarm of 30%. It was only 12 minutes. There was a slight breeze, but it did not last more than 3 minutes. Thank you for you replay. Greetings!!

no need to spam it 5 times
2018-7-2
Use props
Kevinab
lvl.3
Sweden

A CW Posted at 2018-7-2 07:15

no, i get that with all 3 of my batteries, in good conditions i get 14 mins(GPS 90%+ of flight, mild wind). and from seeing youtubers doing the same test, its about 12 - 15 mins depending on flight style/conditions without using sport mode.

note: i land at 35 - 38%, i so add another 30 sec - 1 min to the
values u see down below for a more accurate flight time measurement

now this is when treating ur batteires/safety of craft pretty well, landing at 30%. u can go down to 20% or if ur real stupid 10% and get that extra 2 - 3 minutes, but it isnt recommended at all
2018-7-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules