711 11 2018-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brett Walsh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6518511 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have no idea why my P4Pv2 is saving cache files directly to the MicroSD. I thought that as long as you have the option selected to store cache, then all cache files were saved to the device diectly connected to the RC. In my case, why aren't they being saved to my iPad Mini4? It has the space.
I usually record in UHD MP4, but it's strange to see duplicate 720p MOV recordings alongside those on the MicroSD.

Any ideas?
2018-7-1
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

I think cache on card is an option in the settings, can't remember where though.
2018-7-1
Use props
IM35461
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2235417 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My one does the same...

I always format the card in the drone so they all get trashed
2018-7-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The cache is not being saved to the Micro SD card. The low resolution versions are created especially for people who use proxy files for editing.
2018-7-1
Use props
Brett Walsh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6518511 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-1 16:05
The cache is not being saved to the Micro SD card. The low resolution versions are created especially for people who use proxy files for editing.

Hey Geebax, thanks for clarifying that these lower res duplicates are created simply for the use of proxy files.

Proxy files were never created on the SD on my P4, so I assumed, for whatever reason, they were cache files being saved to the SD on my P4Pv2.

Now, if there was only an option to disable these duplicate lower res files from being created. This would be great for those of us who don't use/need proxy files, it'd free up some space on the SD card allowing the capture of some more higher res footage/photos.
2018-7-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Brett Walsh Posted at 2018-7-1 19:32
Hey Geebax, thanks for clarifying that these lower res duplicates are created simply for the use of proxy files.

Proxy files were never created on the SD on my P4, so I assumed, for whatever reason, they were cache files being saved to the SD on my P4Pv2.

Yes, it has been suggested before, but nothing came of it. It may still eventually turn up as a menu choice.
2018-7-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-1 16:05

If only that were true, there is no way that i could find to use/import them as the proxies, it would make like so much simpler if it was the case
2018-7-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-7-1 20:13
If only that were true, there is no way that i could find to use/import them as the proxies, it would make like so much simpler if it was the case

Well, it is true depending upon what video editor you are using. I have not used proxies for some time now as I am able to edit in full 4k, but when I did use them, it was only a matter of where you placed them on your disk and what file names they had.
2018-7-1
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

It has always been like that on my P4P...
2018-7-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-1 21:52
Well, it is true depending upon what video editor you are using. I have not used proxies for some time now as I am able to edit in full 4k, but when I did use them, it was only a matter of where you placed them on your disk and what file names they had.

I tried them in PP and it just wouldnt play ball, we did have this conversation a while back, even putting the them in the exact same folder as what a normally encoded proxy goes in  with the correctly named as a proxy did not work, it still wanted to encode its own proxy file, i suspect its perhaps something to do with whats in the project file, i just couldnt get it to work

I think i found a way in PP, just reading this, my apologies, i will have another go when i get some more footage

PS, its very simple lol

2018-7-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-7-2 20:01
I tried them in PP and it just wouldnt play ball, we did have this conversation a while back, even putting the them in the exact same folder as what a normally encoded proxy goes in  with the correctly named as a proxy did not work, it still wanted to encode its own proxy file, i suspect its perhaps something to do with whats in the project file, i just couldnt get it to work

I think i found a way in PP, just reading this, my apologies, i will have another go when i get some more footage

When I was doing it, I was using Sony Vegas Moviestudio, and all you did was make low res copies with the exact same file names and put them in a known directory. You then simply editied the clip using the proxies, and once it was complete, put the full resolution files in the same directory and hit render.
2018-7-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That does sound a lot simpler, looks like the only step i didnt do was to have PP point to the proxies, may be a bit more to it but unlikely, i will let you know as soon as i find out, could be a few more days yet though...
2018-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules