RTH Mode setting not staying fixed , what I've found.
1260 8 2015-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dshanesmith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 920577 ft
United States

This may have been discussed, so please excuse me. So I had some "down" time yesterday and I decided to dig deeper into why my RTH altitude was not remaining when I set it in Failsafe settings. What I discovered, at least in my case, were a couple of issues.

The issues have to do with changing the Units of Measurement in General settings.

What happens is, when I switch from Metric to Imperial. The information (readouts, maps, etc.) settings on the on the app changes from Meters to Feet. My flights will display in feet in the User center.  What doesn't change to imperial is the "Set maximum flight altitude" in MC Setting, AND the "Return-Home Altitude" in MC Setting>Advanced>Failsafe Mode, these items all remain displaying in Meters. ie. (20-500M).

What I've found is that the Set maximum flight Altitude will only display and allow me to set in Meters not Feet. On the "Return-Home Altitude" setting it displays "0" regardless of what I previously set it to.

I decided to try just using Metric. When I use the Metric setting all settings work as they should and my "Return-Home Altitude" is retained.

From previous posts I seem to be getting a confusing picture. Some say they have the issues, while others do not. Others have claimed it is a hardware issue. We are a diverse group in this forum and so it could be that we are all experience different things based on our regions and\or particular settings.

The issue at hand looks to me a bug in the app. I have an iPhone 6 and an iPad Mini 2 that I use. Both are running the most current iOS and both have the latest DJI pilot app.
2015-5-18
Use props
SAFAERIALS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

I can get it to retain the altitude! I have to set it every time I'm going to fly...
2015-5-18
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

RTH and max altitude have never displayed in Imperial.  That bug dates back to the original firmware when the first units were shipped.
2015-5-18
Use props
dshanesmith
lvl.2
United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-18 22:40
RTH and max altitude have never displayed in Imperial.  That bug dates back to the original firmware ...

I have to respectfully disagree. This is not behavior I previously experienced withy the app. I the previous app when I was set to imperial those items would be displayed in feet.
2015-5-18
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

dshanesmith Posted at 2015-5-18 22:56
I have to respectfully disagree. This is not behavior I previously experienced withy the app. I th ...

Then your aircraft's behavior differs from ours. Ours arrived in February and that was one of my first observations about it - and it has stayed that way through all firmware and app updates since.  Not sure WHY it would be different... but I still have my notes on it from February.
2015-5-18
Use props
dshanesmith
lvl.2
United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-18 23:54
Then your aircraft's behavior differs from ours. Ours arrived in February and that was one of my f ...

What device\s are you using to fly with?
2015-5-18
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

dshanesmith Posted at 2015-5-18 22:56
I have to respectfully disagree. This is not behavior I previously experienced withy the app. I th ...

Never displayed imperial from the start. Phantoms were the same too.
2015-5-18
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

dshanesmith Posted at 2015-5-18 23:57
What device\s are you using to fly with?

iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6+.

And for sake of clarity: it switched to Imperial (feet) everywhere EXCEPT in setting RTH altitude and maximum altitude.  It did switch to Imperial everywhere else.
2015-5-18
Use props
dshanesmith
lvl.2
United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-19 03:52
iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6+.

And for sake of clarity: it switched to Imperial (feet) everywhere EXCEP ...

ok, good at least it is consistent.

Bottom line is that it only saves my RTH altitude when set to metric. Zeros out when switched to imperial.

I of course cannot go back in time to show whether Imperial or Metric were being displayed for me prior to this update.
2015-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules