No working app for android, no offline maps for IOS?
597 10 2018-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
poprocksA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 209298 ft
United States

So you don't have a properly working app for the latest android OS and advise people they need to get apple devices in order to have a good experience, but then after I dump HUNDREDS of extra dollars into an IPAD MINI 4 I didn't wan't for any other reason I find out I can't cache the maps even though I got the 128 GB version just so I could do so?
Never going to buy or recommend DJI again.

2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi poprocksA, we deeply apologize for the experience on this. Have you tried to format the SD card prior to using the IPad Mini 4 that you have?
2018-7-2
Use props
poprocksA
lvl.2
United States

Frankly, I don't see the relevance formatting the SD card will have on a feature that has been put on hold in your app.
There has been acknowledgement that this isn't active for IOS due to stability issues and the android app just doesn't work worth a damn. I wish this was mentioned more openly instead of having like 90 people spout off how the IOS app is much more stable and works better. Without offline maps I really won't be able to use this as I want. Just like having to buy an Ipad isn't using it how I want.
I'm out a ridiculous amount of money for a setup that is barely usable at all. Glad I only purchased one extra battery instead of two since I've basically been grounded since May as a result of this.
2018-7-2
Use props
djiuser_Z35Ya1ZNGqYW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16037 ft
Netherlands

hello, go to google maps and menu and click on plan offline and it works on my ipad 4 mini
2018-7-2
Use props
bjashton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245932 ft
United Kingdom

I downgraded the Android app to an earlier version and it is working fine with my Mavic Pro.
The latest version (4.2.20) results in very poor video quality on the mobile for me. (The recorded video / pics are fine.)
2018-7-3
Use props
poprocksA
lvl.2
United States

bjashton Posted at 2018-7-3 08:22
I downgraded the Android app to an earlier version and it is working fine with my Mavic Pro.
The latest version (4.2.20) results in very poor video quality on the mobile for me. (The recorded video / pics are fine.)

what version is stable for you?
2018-7-11
Use props
bjashton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245932 ft
United Kingdom

poprocksA Posted at 2018-7-11 12:55
what version is stable for you?

I'm using 4.2.16.

J
2018-7-15
Use props
poprocksA
lvl.2
United States

Tried that version and it didn't work.
Trying to get another cable lined up now...
2018-7-17
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-2 10:21
Hi poprocksA, we deeply apologize for the experience on this. Have you tried to format the SD card prior to using the IPad Mini 4 that you have?

If you don’t understand the posters original statements, or have trouble using Google Translate, then don’t bother posting! It’s infuriating to those of us having these issues when DJI staff who cannot speak English and are obviously using Google Translate to post, or who are using canned responses that have NOTHING to do with the originally reported issues!
2018-7-17
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

poprocksA Posted at 2018-7-2 10:33
Frankly, I don't see the relevance formatting the SD card will have on a feature that has been put on hold in your app.
There has been acknowledgement that this isn't active for IOS due to stability issues and the android app just doesn't work worth a damn. I wish this was mentioned more openly instead of having like 90 people spout off how the IOS app is much more stable and works better. Without offline maps I really won't be able to use this as I want. Just like having to buy an Ipad isn't using it how I want.
I'm out a ridiculous amount of money for a setup that is barely usable at all. Glad I only purchased one extra battery instead of two since I've basically been grounded since May as a result of this.

These DJI “admins” are eithe posting using canned responses, or Google Translate because of no English skills.

I wouldn’t even call it support!
2018-7-17
Use props
poprocksA
lvl.2
United States

Seriously I'm $1,400 in and even tried an approved device and basically have a really fancy paperweight that is super fragile and has used 4 full charges troubleshooting and 2 flying... waste of almost 3 months too
2018-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules