MAVIC PRO Bad Image transmission
2072 14 2018-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisK2017
lvl.2
Flight distance : 861145 ft

After the last update the image transmission during flight has been completely damaged and it is impossible to fligh the drone when not in line of sight.
Also, it is impossible to focus properly and take pictures and videos during flight.

I have a Sony xPeria Z5 (Android 7.1.1), latest versions of DJI Go App (4.2.20) and Drone (01.04.0300).

Can you please help?

2018-7-2
Use props
davidkmcw_66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42989 ft
United States

I'm seeing the same, although the videos on the micro sd card are perfect, livestream is unusable
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I understand that you are using  Sony Xperia Z5 (Android 7.1.1) as your mobile device. There could be an issue with compatibility that is why you are having this issue. I highly recommend using the recommended mobile device for your DJI Mavic Pro for reliability and compatibility purposes. I will post the lists of devices recommended for DJI Mavic Pro.

2018-7-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Try backing your Mavic Pro off to .0200.  At least in my case, that got rid of Pixelation / Smearing Live View problems introduced after upgrading to .0300.   

I used DJI's Assistant-2 to rollback Mavic Pro's firmware.

I have since backed off to .0100 on Mavic Pro.   Also reverting back to Version 2.6.3.0 for CrystalSky Ultrabrite with GO-4 built-in app.

2018-7-2
Use props
ChrisK2017
lvl.2

Indeed the video quality in the SD card is fantastic.  
@ DJI Stephen: does this means that I have to get a new mobile device?  Why the problem never existed till the last update? Any ideas?

Thanks for the quick feedback!!!
2018-7-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

ChrisK2017 Posted at 2018-7-2 11:30
Indeed the video quality in the SD card is fantastic.  
@ DJI Stephen: does this means that I have to get a new mobile device?  Why the problem never existed till the last update? Any ideas?

Before buying a new SmartDevice.  See my post above about trying to Rollback of Mavic Pro to .0200.
2018-7-2
Use props
ChrisK2017
lvl.2

Hi Hedge Trimmer and thanks for your reply.  I will certainly try it!!!

Thank you for your help!
2018-7-2
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158770 ft
United States

You are not alone ... TONS of Android users are having the same issue ... check out the latest reviews for the DJI Go4 App on Goolge Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4
2018-7-2
Use props
Delmar01
lvl.1

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-2 11:20
Hi. I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I understand that you are using  Sony Xperia Z5 (Android 7.1.1) as your mobile device. There could be an issue with compatibility that is why you are having this issue. I highly recommend using the recommended mobile device for your DJI Mavic Pro for reliability and compatibility purposes. I will post the lists of devices recommended for DJI Mavic Pro.

[view_image]

I am new to drone flying in general. I have experienced video issues with Samsung S7 Edge as well. I am considering using an IPAD 4  mini. I looked on the supported devices list. Most list IPAD xxx Plus cellular. Do I actually need CELLULAR to make this work. I am not an apple user, and I don't want or need another cellular device. I can connect it via wifi to do updates etc. Will an IPAD 4 Mini with WIFI, but NO Cellular work correctly? tx,delmar
2018-7-6
Use props
Drakaris-Pro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170883 ft

Hi, I have the same issue, with the same phone. Did you solved the problem? Thank you and regards
2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Drakaris-Pro Posted at 2018-7-29 07:03
Hi, I have the same issue, with the same phone. Did you solved the problem? Thank you and regards

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, may we have the model of your mobile device and app version?
2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Delmar01 Posted at 2018-7-6 18:53
I am new to drone flying in general. I have experienced video issues with Samsung S7 Edge as well. I am considering using an IPAD 4  mini. I looked on the supported devices list. Most list IPAD xxx Plus cellular. Do I actually need CELLULAR to make this work. I am not an apple user, and I don't want or need another cellular device. I can connect it via wifi to do updates etc. Will an IPAD 4 Mini with WIFI, but NO Cellular work correctly? tx,delmar

Hi, the Samsung S7 edge is compatible with our Mavic Pro, would it be possible if you can provide your DJI GO 4 app version? and for the cellular data, it's not necessary for you to have this while flying as long as you manage to download the firmware and app that will require an internet connection.
2018-7-29
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Are you guys using cables ?
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Pow ... re+%28Red%2C+1ft%29
2018-7-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Kingram Posted at 2018-7-29 15:09
Are you guys using cables ?
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerLine-Premium-Motorola-Smartphones/dp/B019PV2I3G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1532905677&sr=8-1&keywords=Anker+PowerLine%2B+Micro+USB+The+Premium+Durable+Cable+%5BDouble+Braided+Nylon%5D+for+Samsung%2C+Nexus%2C+LG%2C+Motorola%2C+Android+Smartphones+and+More+%28Red%2C+1ft%29

In my case with CrystalSky, using DJI's quick attach CrystalSky Mavic Pro/Spark Remote Controller Mounting Bracket.   The microUSB end of cable is integrated into metal bracket.
2018-7-29
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

51 Drones had good luck with the Anker cable but this video is a from April 2017  so a couple updates behind lol

2018-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules