mavic pro broken out of the box. How long is this replacement gonna take?
829 10 2018-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JR86
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2493 ft
Canada

Hello all

I'm new to the drone world and on my first purchase I figured I'd get something good right out of the gate.

So I bout a mavic pro and it was giving me an error right out of the box. Motor idling error.

So I had to open a ticket the very first day because there's no returns on a drone. Anyways they have decided to replace it. I was just curious if anyone had experience on how long that would take.

Also, my video stream isn't useable with the controller. It shows a nice picture until there's any kind of movement then goes un useable. However if I fly the drone on wifi with just the phone it worked pretty nice. Kinda disappointed with the product so far. I hope it gets better from here lol

Thanks!
Jeremy
2018-7-2
Use props
Mavdude
lvl.4
Australia

For the video problem, make sure the lead from the controller to your phone is plugged in properly. Sometimes it goes in, but not the last click.
And make sure you insist that they send you a new drone or repair your actual drone, otherwise you are likely to get a refirbished drone, yet you were never able to fly your new drone.

2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jeremy, sorry for the troubles with the brand new drone, may I know where did you purchase it? Have you contacted our support to report the issue for troubleshooting? Did you already send in? I didn't find the case number via your Forum account. The estimated replacement time would be 5 business days excluding the shipment and the delivery time.
2018-7-2
Use props
JR86
lvl.1
Canada

Hello! I bought it at bestbuy in London Ontario. I have been in touch with support since Saturday which is the day I bought it. Thanks for answering questions and I'm going to be extremely disappointed if they send me a refurb as this is a brand new unit right out of the box.

I will keep updated. I have flown it a little over wifi with just my phone and this drone is REALLY cool.
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JR86 Posted at 2018-7-2 21:21
Hello! I bought it at bestbuy in London Ontario. I have been in touch with support since Saturday which is the day I bought it. Thanks for answering questions and I'm going to be extremely disappointed if they send me a refurb as this is a brand new unit right out of the box.

I will keep updated. I have flown it a little over wifi with just my phone and this drone is REALLY cool.

Hope the issue will be addressed soon, if you need any further assistance during the replacement process, please post the case number here, we will do our best to help.
2018-7-2
Use props
JR86
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-2 22:13
Hope the issue will be addressed soon, if you need any further assistance during the replacement process, please post the case number here, we will do our best to help.

Case Number: CAS-1975466-V3H4V4

I am told I will receive a shipping label within the next two days. Does that come through email?

Thanks
Jeremy
2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JR86 Posted at 2018-7-3 12:47
Case Number: CAS-1975466-V3H4V4

Jeremy, pre the case log, the shipping label has been sent to you, please kindly check your email box or spam to see whether you have received it. Should there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
2018-7-3
Use props
JR86
lvl.1
Canada

I sent it in. Should I expect a refurbed machine with 100 hours on it to replace my brand new defective unit?
2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JR86 Posted at 2018-7-6 20:34
I sent it in. Should I expect a refurbed machine with 100 hours on it to replace my brand new defective unit?

Our repair center will evaluate the drone and provide the corresponding resolution, no worries.
2018-7-7
Use props
JR86
lvl.1
Canada

Looks like I qualified for "new or as new" replacement of repair. Turn around time was very quick. Shipping from Ontario to California took a week each way and was only in house for 2-3 days. Still waiting for new bird to arrive but it all worked out... Sorta lol
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JR86 Posted at 2018-7-18 17:06
Looks like I qualified for "new or as new" replacement of repair. Turn around time was very quick. Shipping from Ontario to California took a week each way and was only in house for 2-3 days. Still waiting for new bird to arrive but it all worked out... Sorta lol

Thanks for keeping us updated, glad to hear everything works well.  Wish you receive the package soon. Should there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules