Hard time balancing Ronin S more than once.
4064 7 2018-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tgroves
lvl.2

I happily setup my Ronin S this morning, and got it balanced just like the video instructed. Shot some footage and then put it away. Later today, I setup the Ronin S again. But, this time I couldn't get it to balance properly. I got it so the camera faced forward, but I could not get the camera to look up and stay or in any other angle except facing forward. I shot some more test footage anyway, but I don't think it came out as good because the gimbal wasn't balanced as well as it was the first time.

Any suggestions of how to setup the Ronin S to get consistant results in balancing it?

Thanks in advance.
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi tgroves, please unlock the lever first, push the tilt axis up or down, then tighten the knob to see if the issue persists, here is the tutorial video for your reference:
2018-7-3
Use props
tgroves
lvl.2

Thanks, Mindy. I'll give that a go.
2018-7-3
Use props
tgroves
lvl.2

I got it to balance properly again. I must say though, trying to slide each axis to adjust can be frustrating as they are very tight no matter how loose the screws.
2018-7-3
Use props
BayouFeller
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2533 ft
United States

Particularly with the roll axis, it helps a great deal to orient the camera so that gravity is pulling down on the camera as you make the adjustment.
2018-7-3
Use props
NCP
lvl.2
United States

I hold the camera from underneath and lift up gently to take pressure off the axis slides.
2018-7-3
Use props
mayi1990
lvl.2
Hong Kong

NCP Posted at 2018-7-3 19:42
I hold the camera from underneath and lift up gently to take pressure off the axis slides.

Yea i did the same and it helps a lot.
2018-7-3
Use props
tgroves
lvl.2

NCP Posted at 2018-7-3 19:42

I'll give that a try.

I also tried balancing the camera looking up first, and then making adjustments for when its facing forward. That seemed to make it a bit easier to balance the rest of the way. I know over time I'll get it down.

Also, I found this YouTube video where the guy was able to load up to 15 pounds of weight and get the Ronin S to work! Here's the link:
2018-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules