Updates after being mothballed for 2 years
629 3 2018-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Positveimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2772 ft

Hi Guys,
I am running an Inspire Version 1 with an X3 camera although I had relatively little experience with this drone (some good, some bad!) before I was forced to mothball it whilst I was working away for about 2 years.
I have now come to revive it and I was amazed that the batteries still charged and, apart from the updates, I am good to go.
This is where my question starts, I have the following softwares loaded:

App - Version 3
Aircraft - Version 1.9.1.30
Remote - Version 1.6.0
Camera Version 1.8.1.00

As I recall, I had no major issues last time I used it  other than maybe a few transmission probems and, as I say, I have been out of the community for the last few years but have heard snippits of info regarding speed and distance restrictions.
Obviously I want to update to get rid of any issues and get the best out of the drone but don't want to impose limitations on myself by updating to the wrong version, given where I am at the moment.
I live on a five acre farm so all my flying is done over my land so distance is not an issue for me, so in an ideal world I don't want to be limited.
Obviously the controller is saying updates are required for all but should I update and if so which version up to? Are certain updates mandatory?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.

2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Yes, firmware updates are necessary. You can refer to this tutorial: and visit our main website to get those corresponding firmware files: https://www.dji.com/inspire-1/info#downloads.
2018-7-3
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

If I were you I would leave well enough alone until after doing a couple of test flights, mostly make sure your batteries are good and charging fully, if all is well I would leave well enough alone unless there have been features added since that you just can't live without. If you have updated to the newest DJI Go however, you might have no choice but to update to the most recent version, so if you are still on the same Go app as when you started accumulating spiderwebs don't update that either.
2018-7-3
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

Be EXTREMELY careful with your batteries.....all of them!  I do not suggest you do any flights over 20ft alt or out 300ft.....keep in VLOS for the first 3 cycles.

Start flight with fully charged battery.......fly down to 30% max......let battery cool down.....then fully charge and take it down to 20%.

Those batteries being dormant for 2 years may not perform well at all....so be careful!!

Randy
2018-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules