What is the best Tablet to use with my Spark and DJI GO4 APP?
5863 18 2018-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
INTERAVE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21079 ft
United States

I am in the process of looking for a tablet that works best with my Spark and Go4 app. My cell phone seems to get bogged down by the GO4 APP and gets very slow and constantly loses connection with the DJI Spark Controller. I almost lost my Spark twice!

Any suggestions on what make/model of Tablet I should use? Also, if I dedicate a tablet to use just for my Spark, does the amount of GB matter?
2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the information. I highly recommend using the recommended mobile devices for your DJI Spark for compatibility and reliability purposes. I will post the list of recommended devices for DJI Spark for your reference. Thank you.

2018-7-3
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

I like how the recommended list hasn't been changed in the past 7 months or so
2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BeastMaster_101 Posted at 2018-7-3 13:01
I like how the recommended list hasn't been changed in the past 7 months or so

Rest assured that we will keep improving our apps to provide a further option when in terms of phone compatibility.
2018-7-3
Use props
landude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126407 ft

United States

Have a Samsung S Pen 10" it's been flawless with and without otg.
Though their support for other products suck.
2018-7-3
Use props
INTERAVE
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-3 12:03
Hi. Thank you for the information. I highly recommend using the recommended mobile devices for your DJI Spark for compatibility and reliability purposes. I will post the list of recommended devices for DJI Spark for your reference. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you very much! DJI is a wonderful company and I have had nothing but great things to say about them!
2018-7-4
Use props
INTERAVE
lvl.2
United States

Great inexpensive device to use with your Spark.

Ok folks after researching to the hilt on what device to use with my Spark and the DJI GO4 app I found a refurbished phone on eBay and it works flawlessly. It's a Huwawei Ascend XT2 just as long as you use it just for flying your drone and nothing else. It works splendidly with no lag or disconnects. I couldn't believe how great my Spark was flying! It was as if I went out and bought a new drone! Here I was ready to shell out close to $300 on a IPAD Mini4 when this one does exactly what I need it to do for just $59.00 I paid on ebay. Yes, it's not a brand new phone but it does what I need it to do without the aggravation I was putting myself thru! Before you decide to go out and spend $$$$ on an expensive tablet, look for a refurbished phone with a Snapdragon 1.5 Ghz CPU or better. Make sure you wipe almost everything off of it except the GPS functions, download the DJI GO4 APP  and just dedicate using the device to your drone. Trust me, you will be happy!
2018-10-2
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

Usually apple products, despite the fact that I hate them, work better. You also need a Tablet mount.
2018-10-2
Use props
INTERAVE
lvl.2
United States

H. Arif - 6IX Posted at 2018-10-2 14:26
Usually apple products, despite the fact that I hate them, work better. You also need a Tablet mount.

With the phone I added, you dont need a mount.
2018-10-3
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Canada

INTERAVE Posted at 2018-10-3 17:45
With the phone I added, you dont need a mount.

Okay, but you did ask for a tablet. WHat is your phone size?
2018-10-3
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I fly my spark with my iPad Air 2 and it works perfectly so far, even on the latest app version 4.3.3

Fly safe all
Alex
2018-10-4
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

I use the Asus ZenPad 8, works fine, just the screen could be a bit brighter.
2018-10-5
Use props
INTERAVE
lvl.2
United States

H. Arif - 6IX Posted at 2018-10-3 18:58
Okay, but you did ask for a tablet. WHat is your phone size?

Initially I was inquiring about a tablet but then I started to ask myself why I was ready to dish out over $250 for a tablet that I was basically just going to use for my drone and nothing else when I can just find a 5.5 inch cell phone with a minimum 1.5 GHZ Quad or higher CPU for around $50 that will fit nicely into the remote brackets which will also negate the need for a extended bracket. I am only going to use this cell phone for the drone. I am not using cell data. Just the WIFI and GPS. I wiped the phone of everything on it and it works great!
2018-10-7
Use props
BMelody
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3146 ft
United States

Here is a cut and paste from a post I made several months age.

I have several display devices ranging from $50.00 to $800.00. I have an 8" tablet (Nvidia Shield K1) I use with my Phantoms. I also have a pair of Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses I use with my Mavic and Spark. But for the Mavic and/or Spark I like having a device that fits the controllers without the need for any additional mounts. So that leaves using a phone. There are lots of great phones out there and one of the best cheap phones with a great display and supports all features like OTG etc.etc. is the Huawei Ascend XT2. These phones were available from Walmart at a blow out price of $50.00 but they long since sold out. However you can still find them on eBay and Craigs list. No need for phone service from AT&T. Works fine with the SIM card removed. This phone is as fast with the video as my K1. I can honestly say it has never locked up while flying. I have seen a video freeze for a second or 2 but that is quite normal with any display and it always has recovered immediately.  

Here are the spec for the phone;

Huawei Ascend XT2 - Specifications
Chipset        Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 MSM8940
CPU        1.4 GHz Octa Core
GPU        Adreno 505
RAM        2 GB
Internal Storage        16 GB
2 more rows
Huawei Ascend XT2 Specifications - GSM-specs.com
https://www.gsm-specs.com/specifications/huawei-ascend-xt2/

A great display for very little money.

~Bill
2018-10-7
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Canada

INTERAVE Posted at 2018-10-7 05:37
Initially I was inquiring about a tablet but then I started to ask myself why I was ready to dish out over $250 for a tablet that I was basically just going to use for my drone and nothing else when I can just find a 5.5 inch cell phone with a minimum 1.5 GHZ Quad or higher CPU for around $50 that will fit nicely into the remote brackets which will also negate the need for a extended bracket. I am only going to use this cell phone for the drone. I am not using cell data. Just the WIFI and GPS. I wiped the phone of everything on it and it works great!

SO you got one?...
2018-10-7
Use props
INTERAVE
lvl.2
United States

BMelody Posted at 2018-10-7 07:26
Here is a cut and paste from a post I made several months age.

I have several display devices ranging from $50.00 to $800.00. I have an 8" tablet (Nvidia Shield K1) I use with my Phantoms. I also have a pair of Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses I use with my Mavic and Spark. But for the Mavic and/or Spark I like having a device that fits the controllers without the need for any additional mounts. So that leaves using a phone. There are lots of great phones out there and one of the best cheap phones with a great display and supports all features like OTG etc.etc. is the Huawei Ascend XT2. These phones were available from Walmart at a blow out price of $50.00 but they long since sold out. However you can still find them on eBay and Craigs list. No need for phone service from AT&T. Works fine with the SIM card removed. This phone is as fast with the video as my K1. I can honestly say it has never locked up while flying. I have seen a video freeze for a second or 2 but that is quite normal with any display and it always has recovered immediately.  

BMelody, it was based on your post that I went out, researched and bought a Huawei Ascend XT2 from eBAY for around $50 and I am extremely pleased with it so thank you for the advice!
2018-10-12
Use props
BMelody
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3146 ft
United States

INTERAVE,

You are welcome! I truly feel it is a GREAT display, and for only $50.00 how can a guy go wrong. Thanks for letting us know.

~Bill
2018-10-12
Use props
INTERAVE
lvl.2
United States

BMelody Posted at 2018-10-12 04:47
INTERAVE,

You are welcome! I truly feel it is a GREAT display, and for only $50.00 how can a guy go wrong. Thanks for letting us know.

But just to be clear, in order for this phone to be successful with a Spark , the phone has to be completely wiped of everything except the GPS and the DJI GO4 app if possible. Also, make sure you get a 128gb micro sd card.
2018-10-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

INTERAVE Posted at 2018-7-4 02:37
Thank you very much! DJI is a wonderful company and I have had nothing but great things to say about them!

Hi Interave, thank you also for your continued support. Have a safe flight always.
2018-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules