1798 10 2018-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
astroprojector
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1319902 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have phantom 4 pro with the latest firmware on the drone and remote. I can set the direction but when I click Apply I should see a red line in the map showing the direction. I do not see it in the map. When use the right joystick instead of going forward it goes up and down. Infact the controls behave as normal, as if the flight mode not enambled.

It does not look like the flying mode correctly activating. I use Note 8 for the screen and app does not tell me that I need to calibrate anything. Any idea why it does not activate?

2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly upload a video while your doing the course lock. You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. Thank you.
2018-7-5
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

There is no red line for this mode. You turn the drone in the desired direction and hit apply to lock that heading.
The course will neither be shown on the map nor on the video screen as a line. Something like that you have in tap-fly.
Have you done this while being low on battery? I remember that tap-fly didn't work for me when I was on 22% battery.

I'm not sure but I don't think course lock requires a minimum height, or?
Most intelligent flight modes require a certain height/distance for them to work.

Don't do any calibrations. That wouldn't help at all.

2018-7-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Check the RC 'stick mode' in the 'Remote Controller Settings' menu in DJI Go 4. Right stick up & down would not be the default 'Mode 2', it would be using the default stick mode in its description. Sounds like the RC is set in mode 1 or 3.
2018-7-6
Use props
astroprojector
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-6 13:16
Check the RC 'stick mode' in the 'Remote Controller Settings' menu in DJI Go 4. Right stick up & down would not be the default 'Mode 2', it would be using the default stick mode in its description. Sounds like the RC is set in mode 1 or 3.

I am not sure I understand what you are saying. Should the control automatically switch when the mode activated?
2018-7-6
Use props
astroprojector
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-7-6 10:02
There is no red line for this mode. You turn the drone in the desired direction and hit apply to lock that heading.
The course will neither be shown on the map nor on the video screen as a line. Something like that you have in tap-fly.
Have you done this while being low on battery? I remember that tap-fly didn't work for me when I was on 22% battery.

I saw YouTube video and the guy had it much lower height compare to my.
2018-7-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

astroprojector Posted at 2018-7-6 15:46
I am not sure I understand what you are saying. Should the control automatically switch when the mode activated?

No it doesn't change modes. But the instructions are written with the default mode 2 in mind. What I'm saying is that with the information you've given I would suggest that your controller has been set to some other mode than the standard default. Perhaps the RC just needs to be set to mode 2, which is what most would use.

Have a look at page 38 in the Manual
2018-7-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-6 16:08
No it doesn't change modes. But the instructions are written with the default mode 2 in mind. What I'm saying is that with the information you've given I would suggest that your controller has been set to some other mode than the standard default. Perhaps the RC just needs to be set to mode 2, which is what most would use.

Have a look at page 38 in the Manual

Good advice. Thanks for sharing... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-7-6
Use props
astroprojector
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-7-6 17:28
Good advice. Thanks for sharing... ;-)

I think I got it, I will have to re-learn to control the drone with mode 2.
2018-7-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

astroprojector Posted at 2018-7-6 18:05
I think I got it, I will have to re-learn to control the drone with mode 2.

That’s good news to hear, or read. ;-)

Mode 2 is the normal mode.
Even the video game flights, use that one...

RedHotPoker
2018-7-6
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-6 13:16

Aloha Aardvark,

Good catch!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules