2nd drone - 2nd Disconnect issue - not happy!!
644 12 2018-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

Okay....  I've had the dreaded disconnect issue again.  I bought my Mavic about 3 weeks ago.  Disconnected on my 1st real flight while on vacation.  I couldn't do anything in terms of loading the flight data, etc. while on vacation.  After reading several forums/posts and articles, I decided I didn't want to chance it and exchanged it for  a new one a week ago.  

I just took it out on my first flight and disconnected again.  Does it have to be this hard.  I had heard of issues from updates, etc. but had earlier purchased the Spark and had no problems.  I decided to go all in (for my finances) and purchase the Mavic Pro.  Now I'm regretting it.  I'm spending all my time researching how to fix a problem rather than flying a drone.

I've tried to review my log so I can post it here for help.  I exported it from my phone to computer and it's just symbols.  

I started out with a different brand drone an year ago and so far, it's been WAAY more reliable.  Definitely a better "unique" experience than what I'm having here.

I'm connected to a Samsung Note 5 via the supplied cable.  I'm going to try to use the ipad tomorrow and see if I have the same problem.  If I don't...... then hopefully it's the device.

Should I do that, or downgrade the firmware.  If downgrade, which version?

FYI: I'm not that technically savvy so take that into consideration.

Any ideas on how to read/post the flight log??

Thanks,

Jamey
2018-7-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

You can directly look at exported FlightLog file.  You need to use a program to decode / interpret FlightLog file.

Online version: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Offline Windows version (written by DJI forum member JJBspark): https://forum.dji.com/thread-145649-1-1.html

2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Jamey, we're sorry to read the troubles first. Regarding the disconnect, do you refer the grey Disconnected or the red Aircraft Disconnected? If it is the former, you may change another working cable or switch between the bottom port and side port to see whether it helps. Please keep us posted on the latest progress, thanks!
2018-7-4
Use props
308Shooter
lvl.3
United States

Well..... I took the Mavic out again this morning after re-updating the firmware on the RC and AC using DJI Assistant2.  I connected my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to the RC.   This time during the flight I turned on Airplane mode as was suggested in a few other posts.  I was able to fly through two batteries taking both down to 30% with no problems.  It seems whatever the exact issue was, either updating again and turning on Airplane mode has resolved the issue for now.  

I frequently fly in wooded areas, so a disconnect and RTH can be the death of my drone.   Therefore, I will continue to fly in an open field until I'm confident enough the disconnect issue has been resolved.  

For now - I'm cautiously optimistic!!!!
2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

308Shooter Posted at 2018-7-4 10:04
Well..... I took the Mavic out again this morning after re-updating the firmware on the RC and AC using DJI Assistant2.  I connected my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to the RC.   This time during the flight I turned on Airplane mode as was suggested in a few other posts.  I was able to fly through two batteries taking both down to 30% with no problems.  It seems whatever the exact issue was, either updating again and turning on Airplane mode has resolved the issue for now.  

I frequently fly in wooded areas, so a disconnect and RTH can be the death of my drone.   Therefore, I will continue to fly in an open field until I'm confident enough the disconnect issue has been resolved.  

To help build that confidence...
In open area, try turning off Airplane mode and see if problem returns.

If it does, then try turning off Only Cellular, and see if problem goes away.
Followed by turning off WiFi, and see if problem goes away.
Followed by turning off BlueTooth, and see if problem goes away.
(It could be combination problem For example: Cellular with BlueTooth turned on.)

Proving one of three (or two of three or all three) caused problem, would give you confidence in knowing cause and you can fly without problem.

2018-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

308Shooter Posted at 2018-7-4 10:04
Well..... I took the Mavic out again this morning after re-updating the firmware on the RC and AC using DJI Assistant2.  I connected my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to the RC.   This time during the flight I turned on Airplane mode as was suggested in a few other posts.  I was able to fly through two batteries taking both down to 30% with no problems.  It seems whatever the exact issue was, either updating again and turning on Airplane mode has resolved the issue for now.  

Keep doing what your doing , Mavic Pro is a great craft, you’ll find more around here are happy you have problems than not.
Enjoy the flying, fly safe.
2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-4 12:07
Keep doing what your doing , Mavic Pro is a great craft, you’ll find more around here are happy you have problems than not.
Enjoy the flying, fly safe.

hallmark007 - "you’ll find more around here are happy you have problems than not."

2018-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-4 14:51
hallmark007 - "you’ll find more around here are happy you have problems than not."

Your on the self destruct button again.
2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-4 14:56
Your on the self destruct button again.

Really?   Cause it was you who made statement, and it is you who insulted most people here.
Now, rather than correct your screw up, your try to blame me!

Perhaps when you sober up tomorrow you will see error of your ways, and apologize.  Doubtful given your Narcissism.  Most likely you will post more SPIN and Twists trying to cover it all up, get the last word in, and delude yourself into thinking you saved your reputation (ROFL).
2018-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-4 15:13
Really?   Cause it was you who made statement, and it is you who insulted most people here.
Now, rather than correct your screw up, your try to blame me!

Think you talking on the wrong thread. And I don’t think you can do anything now about self destruct. Please don’t reply to anymore of my posts.
2018-7-4
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

As Susan suggested, try another cable first.  I've thrown away all my supplied usb cables.  They don't last long.  Get you a Good, Strong heavy duty cable.  Braided.  I carry 2 or 3 spares with me when I go out.  Cheapest fix.  I run a Note 5 also.  If the screen turns gray and the controller still talks to the bird, try the cable FIRST.  

2018-7-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-4 15:20
Think you talking on the wrong thread. And I don’t think you can do anything now about self destruct. Please don’t reply to anymore of my posts.

From this vary thread, your post #6.

hallmark007_Denial.jpg

All you had to do hallmark007 was man-up, and admit you messed up.  Instead of SPIN, denials, twisting.

As usual, your arrogant ego gets in way.  You are Kamikazing vary reputation you say you don't care about, but continue to brag about, along with your alter ego.

2018-7-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-4 17:00
From this vary thread, your post #6.

Apologies I said Pro instead of Air, but you will notice I have no problem with that didn’t try to change, it’s a mistake, but just glad OP had the savvy to understand.
2018-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules