Connection lost / rth
711 12 2018-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aRapic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74140 ft
Croatia

Hi, i'm a newbie and I experience problems today, sorry in advanced if  this is a common question, I didn't find any good solution on this.
First I get up my mavic air, and I saw there is a small yaw movement  without me touching the sticks. Later on I read that this is a compas  problem and I need to calibrate it. Is this true?
Then after that I was about 1630 feet away and 920 feet at the altitude  with him, doing photoshoot, try to move backward and sensors went of, I  couldn't move it, is this caused by the direct sun maybe? (it was dusk)
After that there was "Strong aircraft interferance" error on the screen  and then I lose signal, luckily rth was engaged and drone was going home  on the same altitude (I think it's normal to stay at the altitude he  was unless it's below number I set to be rth altitude in the app  right?), but my concern was, why didn't he catched signal as he was  close? because i could control him when he came back with remote  controller, the screen was still frozen, and I could stop recording from  the screen, but there is no video feed on the phone.
Can you please give me some advices what to look for, and what to avoid.  I live on the sea and now I'm scared of flying over it until I'm sure  what caused the problem. Thank you guys.

Here is a flight log: https://www43.zippyshare.com/v/f63Coxq5/file.html

2018-7-3
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi aRapic,

Can you upload your file here >  http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Your zippyshare link gives virus and malware warnings.

cheers
JJB
2018-7-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Yeah that Zippy looks concerning.
2018-7-3
Use props
aRapic
lvl.1
Croatia

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/IVF7EONSD69WDD7JY3WB/
2018-7-3
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi aRapic,

Great flight, max use of MA ; doing 100% to 12% and fly almost 9000 ft. ! Did u capture nice pictures?

Try to answers your question in your sequence:

Yaw movement at take-off. You are not the only person who noticed this. Same for my MA. As your RTH works great! and no compass errors : i would not do a compass calibration.

Yes, could be the case. in my chart one you can see the pitch angles change. Happend few seconds ealier also.

If i understand your than you did loose the video link. RTH was engaged by you and it did work as advertised by DJI.
I don`t know why the video link stopped working, happend to me only once in many flight. (and yes, i did panic a little &^#$&#$&!)
If i see it right you do not have a mobile device with GPS (or it was dis-abled), if the mobile device has GPS the little compass is working in the GoApp even with a video link broken.
Distance to home does work too so you can see that RTH does work and no reason to panic.

At take off you had only 8 satellites and 3 bars reception, that`s why HP was set rather late. If you had flown away instead of climbing HP could have been set at a other position than your takeoff point.

The disconnect at the end of the GoHome, it was high and above you so mayby the antennas pointed the wrong way.

Happy and safe landings.

Cheers
JJB
analysis2.png
analysis3.png
analysis1.png
analysis4a.png
analysis4b.png
2018-7-4
Use props
aRapic
lvl.1
Croatia

JJBspark Posted at 2018-7-4 03:43
Hi aRapic,

Great flight, max use of MA ; doing 100% to 12% and fly almost 9000 ft. ! Did u capture nice pictures?

Thank you for response JJBspark.

As this is my first time I lost signal I panicked. But now I see some obvious begginer mistakes I made. Everything make sense and there was no room for panic.

And yes, I see now that GPS on my mobile stayed turned off, can you please explain it a little bit for me, is it used only for dynamic home point or it have some more uses in flight?

I'm still wondering why this connection lost happened, I know it's a distance probably, because there was nothing between me and mavic, and please can you tell me, is it normal that mavic didn't reconnect (video feed) as it comes closer?

Thank you, and yes, picture was nice

2018-7-4
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

aRapic Posted at 2018-7-4 04:03
Thank you for response JJBspark.

As this is my first time I lost signal I panicked. But now I see some obvious begginer mistakes I made. Everything make sense and there was no room for panic.

Hi,

yes, its a great picture. Not only my country is beautyfull!

If possible i would set the GPS active on your phone.

My main reason is that the little compass in the GoApp works, its  a great feature. I use it always in flight. See https://forum.dji.com/thread-144696-1-1.html.

And if you want to set a new homepoint during flight (because you walked away from the take-off point for buying a icecream at the beach....) GPS position from your mobile device is used at new HP.

Don`t know why sometimes (but in my experience very little) the video link stops. Must be combination of GoApp and type mobile device. Some say its important to switch off blue tooth and put device in aviation mode. my bluetooth is off, not in aviation mode.Restart the app will bring back the video link, i never tried that during flight....must be possible because the connection RC > Drone is not affected. (as far as i know, other may correct me if i am wrong about this)

cheers
JJB

2018-7-4
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

I had exactly the same problems after updating my firmware from .300 to 0.400. Yaw movement and swing. No signal and Auto RTH after sometimes only a few 100 meters. Video link freezes, looks like it was recording, but cant find recoding on SD card. Phone screen turns to black and white, and then nothing can be done to control the drone............
I send mine back to DJI, still waiting for an answer on what they plan to do to fix this problem. Hope yours is something different.
2018-7-4
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Cool shot by the way.
2018-7-4
Use props
aRapic
lvl.1
Croatia

Thanks again JJBspark...

Charissa, don't scare me
I've lost video link, but I still could control the drone after it came back, and he was still recording, video was on sd card. So only thing it doesn't do is reconnect video feed. Hopefully it's one time problem, but I will drive it carefully next few times.

Thanks for photo comment
2018-7-4
Use props
AirMancer
lvl.1
Turkey

This happened after you updated Mavic Air firmware ? Or you experienced such problems before ? Could you tell us what phone you used and which WiFİ frequency level you were using (2.4 GHz or 5.8) ?
2018-7-4
Use props
AirMancer
lvl.1
Turkey

Charissa Posted at 2018-7-4 04:42
I had exactly the same problems after updating my firmware from .300 to 0.400. Yaw movement and swing. No signal and Auto RTH after sometimes only a few 100 meters. Video link freezes, looks like it was recording, but cant find recoding on SD card. Phone screen turns to black and white, and then nothing can be done to control the drone............
I send mine back to DJI, still waiting for an answer on what they plan to do to fix this problem. Hope yours is something different.

The very same problem... I'll try using an IPAD this weekend. If that does not work, I'll send mine back as well...
2018-7-4
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

aRapic, holding thumbs for you. Let us know if the problem goes away. ;)
AirMancer. Using Android device, a tab and a phone. Tried everything but no luck..............
2018-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules