627 8 2018-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martinfueloep
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1551401 ft
  • >>>
Austria

There is a new video out, which was entirely filmed with the X5R. Partly mounted to the Osmo handle, partly mounted to the Inspire.
Although it has got it's restrictions, this combo makes so much possible, there is no other equipment that allows to produce such a video with a crew of - just me - in one day.

2018-7-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Great footage. Thanks for sharing this video!
2018-7-4
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi Martin,

Excellent footages!

How did you follow the bike at 1:33 - 1:40 in your video? Camera was moving fast - seems not being mounted to Osmo handle; yet it was so close behind the bike - seems too risky for chasing the bike by the X5R mounted under the Inspire.

Thanks for sharing.

Henry
2018-7-4
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

Hi Henry,

the X5R was on the Osmo handle during these scenes. At 1:33+1:34 I did not move myself too much, but set the gimbal motors quite fast. From 1:35-1:36 the gimbal was set to sport mode and I was running after the rider.
During the whole shooting I've been playing around with the gimbal settings a lot, it is great how wide the range of smoothness and gimbal speed can be set.
Usually I work with really slow settings (when mounted to the Osmo), but this time I could benefit from the fast settings, too.

Best, Martin
2018-7-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Superb footage   
2018-7-5
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

martinfueloep Posted at 2018-7-4 06:43
Hi Henry,

the X5R was on the Osmo handle during these scenes. At 1:33+1:34 I did not move myself too much, but set the gimbal motors quite fast. From 1:35-1:36 the gimbal was set to sport mode and I was running after the rider.

Thank you Martin for your advice.

I had never tried such fast gimbal setting of my X5 on Osmo handle as you did. I will try and see.

Your footages opened our minds!

Thanks for sharing.

Happy flying and shooting!

Henry
2018-7-5
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2018-7-5 06:05
Thank you Martin for your advice.

I had never tried such fast gimbal setting of my X5 on Osmo handle as you did. I will try and see.

Hi Henry,

it was the first time I've tried such fast settings, but I was very pleased with the performance. It makes my work much easier that I can do such shots with the Osmo and do not have to bring the other camera and a tripod for fast pans.
Have a good time trying that yourself!
2018-7-5
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Super job, perfect footage
2018-7-6
Use props
martinfueloep