Cannot calibrate controller on Samsung S7
715 9 2018-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc99f2447
lvl.1

Android Phone.

Connected to the controller via wifi.

When i go to calibrate the controller, it already has the blue rings appear at the top of the stick display.

If I hit "calibrate" and then close the prompt that appears, I briefly see the start button, then it jumps to next (greyed out) and moving the sticks does not interact with the blue rings.

I am using version 4.2.20 of DJI Go4

https://www.dropbox.com/s/38glaifkq6v754m/Calibration2.mp4?dl=0

2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. I noticed the error message "aircraft is disconnected" in a red bar. It means that the remote controller is not communicating to your aircraft. In this case, Kindly link your remote controller to your aircraft. Check the video tutorial below.

2018-7-4
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

Roll back to 4.2.12 for android.
Everything else is glitchy
2018-7-4
Use props
fansc99f2447
lvl.1

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-4 03:35
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. I noticed the error message "aircraft is disconnected" in a red bar. It means that the remote controller is not communicating to your aircraft. In this case, Kindly link your remote controller to your aircraft. Check the video tutorial below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOi9WiS-PF8

Thanks, but when the aircraft is connected, you get a prompt to disconnect it before it will allow a controller calibration, so the aircraft is meant to be disconnected.
2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fansc99f2447 Posted at 2018-7-4 03:57
Thanks, but when the aircraft is connected, you get a prompt to disconnect it before it will allow a controller calibration, so the aircraft is meant to be disconnected.

Yes, you're right. The aircraft should be disconnected before you calibrate the remote controller. Sorry for the confusion, I'm just making sure that all the error on your end are addressed properly. May I know what mobile device are you using? For Android devices you can see the "NEXT " is greyed out  and you don't need to tap on it. Please disregard next button because it will just continue once your done following the rings on the top.
2018-7-4
Use props
fansc99f2447
lvl.1

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-4 08:36
Yes, you're right. The aircraft should be disconnected before you calibrate the remote controller. Sorry for the confusion, I'm just making sure that all the error on your end are addressed properly. May I know what mobile device are you using? For Android devices you can see the "NEXT " is greyed out  and you don't need to tap on it. Please disregard next button because it will just continue once your done following the rings on the top.

Samsung S7.

2018-7-4
Use props
fansc99f2447
lvl.1

There is a known issue when using an OTG cable and trying to calibrate. The app skips over some required presses and displays the blue rings immediately. Calibration then does not work.

In my case, the app is behaving as tho I am connected with the OTG cable, whereas I am using Wifi.

The blue rings should not appear until I press "start".
2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansc99f2447 Posted at 2018-7-4 08:59
There is a known issue when using an OTG cable and trying to calibrate. The app skips over some required presses and displays the blue rings immediately. Calibration then does not work.

In my case, the app is behaving as tho I am connected with the OTG cable, whereas I am using Wifi.

Would it be possible if you can provide a short video during the RC calibration? Please use wi-fi connection between your phone and remote controller. You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. Thank you.
2018-7-4
Use props
fansc99f2447
lvl.1

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-4 13:27
Would it be possible if you can provide a short video during the RC calibration? Please use wi-fi connection between your phone and remote controller. You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. Thank you.

Sure, thanks.   I provided a video link in my original post above ....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/38glaifkq6v754m/Calibration2.mp4?dl=0
2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

May I know if you tried to reinstall the app? Kindly save your files before you uninstall the DJI Go 4 app.
2018-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules