Disable video caching on Android
1021 7 2018-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
laduke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238494 ft

Hello.
Is it possible to disable video caching on Android? I'm using a Galaxy Tab S2 with my Spark and when I start recording the live-image is getting very pixelated and choppy. So I think the processing power of my tablet is not strong enough to record on it. When not recording the live-image is fine.

Thanks for your help!

2018-7-4
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

Apparently, that option is available on iPhones but not Android. If there's a good reason for that, I don't know what it is.

For the same reason, I don't know why the video cache has to be in 720p. Standard definition would be just fine for its purpose and would require less resources by the AC and the phone. My video feed starts breaking up at around 300 metres, and I can't help but think that a lower resolution feed would improve that.
2018-7-4
Use props
laduke
lvl.2

Thanks for the info!
I tested at 5m distance both times (so the feed from the drone was perfect). With record on I have the problems, with record off it's fine. It's a performance thing of the tablet. I only want it to send a command to the drone to start recording not to record content by itself.
2018-7-4
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

I don't see the Galaxy Tab S2 on the compatible device list, so that is likely the problem.

If you have already disabled other apps, turned Bluetooth off, activated airplane mode, etc., etc., you might just need another device.
2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the trouble. As mentioned above, it could be the device itself since S2 is not listed as a compatible device. Please check the attachment below for compatible devices for spark.

spark recommended devices.PNG
2018-7-5
Use props
laduke
lvl.2

When I buy an older device from the list, e.g. an iPhone 6s, can I expect that it runs perfect? Or are there also performance issues like choppy video during recording?
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

laduke Posted at 2018-7-5 06:48
When I buy an older device from the list, e.g. an iPhone 6s, can I expect that it runs perfect? Or are there also performance issues like choppy video during recording?

Hi, as long as its the supported device on the list there should be no problems with running the app and video recordings should be crisp. My friendly suggestion is close all the open apps when you are going to take a flight. Thank you.
2018-7-5
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 824560 ft
United States

I have the same problem as you using the Samsung Tab S2 Version 7.0, I heard that downgrading to version 6.0 for the tablet improves the latency.  
2018-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules