Does the DJI Pilot app not record video to cache?
4668 8 2015-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zoti
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101526 ft
United States

Unless you are actually recording video to the SD card?

I thought the app records to cache all the video stream coming down from the Phantom.

Anyone knows?
2015-5-18
Use props
coryhall2430
lvl.2

United States

It stores video in director. If u go to Create Works in top right corner then hit Create moment it will have video for editing. I don't edit just use it to see video from recent flights without having to insert sd card into a computer to watch. It will only be in 720p though
2015-5-18
Use props
zoti
lvl.3
United States

The video didn't get recorded on the cache for some reason. I just flew around using FPV but didn't record to the SD card. For some reason the video also didn't get recorded to the phone's cache.

I'm wondering if it will save it to cache only if you actually also record to the SD card. In the app settings I do have video cache on.

Update:
Under the video cache option it does say that the app will cache when recording video. Shame you don't have the option to just cache all video.
2015-5-18
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

zoti Posted at 2015-5-19 14:16
The video didn't get recorded on the cache for some reason. I just flew around using FPV but didn't  ...

Maybe your video isn't saved to SD card. You need to download the video to your phone SD card.
2015-5-18
Use props
coryhall2430
lvl.2

United States

DJI support 8 Posted at 2015-5-19 15:19
Maybe your video isn't saved to SD card. You need to download the video to your phone SD card.

Yeah, needs to be recording. That would be a cool option
2015-5-19
Use props
coryhall2430
lvl.2

United States

Yeah, need to be recording. Would be cool option
2015-5-19
Use props
zoti
lvl.3
United States

This has nothing to do with the video in the SD card. I'm talking about the video coming down from then P3 via the light bridge.
2015-5-19
Use props
modestbrandon
lvl.1

United States

I'm reading along here and I've got a similar question.. How can I get a video of not only my feed coming in but of everything I see on my phone screen during the flight? I'd love to be able to overlay that into the corner of a video if it helps improve the story.
2015-6-9
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

zoti Posted at 2015-5-19 14:16
The video didn't get recorded on the cache for some reason. I just flew around using FPV but didn't  ...

Get the largest card you can find - and one that will write at a reasonable speed. I found a 64GB card for mine. Record *everything* and you'll automatically "see" everything your video feed sees.

You might have to take a laptop with you into the field so you'll have a place to download. Either that or purchase several large SD cards.
2015-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules