Why my Air dropped an drowned?
1723 28 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans56a4b146
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22894 ft

Flew under active track. Then lost Gps couple times, gimbal motor overloaded and then list active track due to it an foud it in the sea. Did not returned home.
2018-7-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Your craft won’t RTH with no gps , in active track you also have control , so even if you lose gps you could for instance fly aircraft to higher altitude,

To know better what went wrong you could post your log here.

Just click on link and follow instructions come back here and post your link

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thank for reaching DJI Forum, we feel sorry if your aircraft failed to return home.
We're here to help investigate what happened during that flight.  Please call us at +1 (818) 235 078 for us to create a case. Thank you.
2018-7-5
Use props
fans56a4b146
lvl.1

This might not be helpful, but I am unable to find the stored CSV Log. Here is the address:
94737FBC-32F4-490F-9B03-388626D165A7.jpeg
2018-7-5
Use props
KebHund
lvl.1

fans56a4b146 Posted at 2018-7-5 05:17
This might not be helpful, but I am unable to find the stored CSV Log. Here is the address:

Ok, I found the log in my iTunes:-). When I copy paste the log here it sais it is inappropriate content...
2018-7-5
Use props
ldgjGuy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 392795 ft
Netherlands

KebHund Posted at 2018-7-5 05:56
Ok, I found the log in my iTunes:-). When I copy paste the log here it sais it is inappropriate content...

You can upload your logfile here:

2018-7-5
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-5 04:47
Your craft won’t RTH with no gps , in active track you also have control , so even if you lose gps you could for instance fly aircraft to higher altitude,

To know better what went wrong you could post your log here.

An interesting scenario, something substantial like a building or rising ground blocks the signal and suddenly, you no longer have the ability to redirect the AC.

Does RTH ever kick in, in that mode when the signal is interrupted?
2018-7-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AlansDronePics Posted at 2018-7-5 09:09
An interesting scenario, something substantial like a building or rising ground blocks the signal and suddenly, you no longer have the ability to redirect the AC.

No GPS no RTH, when drone looses gps it has no way of knowing where it is, so will be depending on controller to guide it back. However we have seen problems with AT so I would say this case might be looked on as a warranty case.
2018-7-5
Use props
KebHund
lvl.1

I have the Care refresh program, so the drone is being replaced, however, if it was not my fault, I would love to replace it under the regular waranty.
2018-7-5
Use props
KebHund
lvl.1
Czechia

This is the last screen before the crash. Can anybody recommend why this happened?
1927B3F4-8660-4C31-92C6-6C5034A0BE52.jpeg
2018-7-5
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

We can't tell anything until we can take a look at your log files.  As has been said, Please follow the instructions on this page, upload your file to this page and then copy and post the link to  your information.  

2018-7-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

AlansDronePics Posted at 2018-7-5 09:09

yes, sadly RTH does sometimes bug out and it continues its RTH routine without proper sat connections.  
2018-7-5
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Motor overload quite likely as it hit something and crashed.
2018-7-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2018-7-5 15:35
Motor overload quite likely as it hit something and crashed.

wait really?  i thought dji had a method to recover itself if it strikes something...  i flown my mavic pro into a tree a few times and my mavic pro free fell like 5-10 feet then it caught itself and recovered and continued on.
2018-7-5
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

If it breaks a prop, snags a motor or theres concrete in the way it cant recover.  Id expect to see all kinds of overload errors in the second or so it impacts something hard.  Its a quadcopter so has no redundancy, lose lift or power on any of the motors its an expensive brick as far as flying is concerned.

2018-7-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2018-7-5 15:57
If it breaks a prop, snags a motor or theres concrete in the way it cant recover.  Id expect to see all kinds of overload errors in the second or so it impacts something hard.  Its a quadcopter so has no redundancy, lose lift or power on any of the motors its an expensive brick as far as flying is concerned.

but over the ocean/water..  so ..bird i guess?
2018-7-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-7-5 16:08
but over the ocean/water..  so ..bird i guess?

Look at the height, it was in the water,that’s why we see motor obstructed.
2018-7-5
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

The high is -2.3 meters which very close to water. There is no room to recover if prop hit something. Weak GPA and fly low over water means possibly position by vision. Vision sensor can’t position on moving water and may cause lost control.
2018-7-5
Use props
DJKOR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2035676 ft
Australia

gnirtS Posted at 2018-7-5 15:57
If it breaks a prop, snags a motor or theres concrete in the way it cant recover.  Id expect to see all kinds of overload errors in the second or so it impacts something hard.  Its a quadcopter so has no redundancy, lose lift or power on any of the motors its an expensive brick as far as flying is concerned.

"lose lift or power on any of the motors its an expensive brick as far as flying is concerned."

That's a good way to put it. I'll remember that.

--------------

"wait really?  i thought dji had a method to recover itself if it strikes something...  i flown my mavic pro into a tree a few times and my mavic pro free fell like 5-10 feet then it caught itself and recovered and continued on."

I don't look forward to the day my MA makes contact with something but I have some issues with birds here and fear the day one actually does swoop at one of the props. I've seen videos where they manage to recover after a collision. I hope if that happens to me, the MA manages to recover.
2018-7-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJKOR Posted at 2018-7-5 17:36
"lose lift or power on any of the motors its an expensive brick as far as flying is concerned."

That's a good way to put it. I'll remember that.

i'd hope so too but you notice how mavic ir stalls the props if u tilt it 90 degrees?  i fear this because its a lightweight drone and it wouldn't take much of a bird or anything to nail the drone 90 degrees off axis and stall the props out from too much angle.

the mavic pro, once get the props spinning up after take off, you can flip the drone completely upside down and it continues to fight with all its might to right itself, hell you can block one props for a few moments while its over 90 degrees off axis it keep fighting.... . i managed to do this (ya im abusive but also curious)..  

2018-7-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-5 16:17
Look at the height, it was in the water,that’s why we see motor obstructed.

thats the final screen the error may not have been cleared before it hit the drink
2018-7-5
Use props
KebHund
lvl.1

No bird, no wall, I was running with the drone next to me above the shallow water on the beach. As on the picture.
2018-7-5
Use props
KebHund
lvl.1
Czechia

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-7-5 14:32
We can't tell anything until we can take a look at your log files.  As has been said, Please follow the instructions on this page, upload your file to this page and then copy and post the link to  your information.  

That system is unable to get uploads. It sais Upload timed out. If it continues to happen, plese contact Mike@PhantomHelp.com.
2018-7-6
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

KebHund Posted at 2018-7-5 23:56
No bird, no wall, I was running with the drone next to me above the shallow water on the beach. As on the picture.

How high was your drone? It is not recommended to fly close to the water surface with the sensors active because shiny and/or the transparent surface can manipulate the sensors so the drone thinks it is on another height and tries to maintain its height which causes it to suddenly descend. I had something similar where I flew about 1m above a water surface and suddenly the drone tried to land. I could react and get it to safety though.
2018-7-6
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

You need to upload the log to phantomhelp as someone said on the second post.  Only then can anyone attempt to see what happened.
2018-7-6
Use props
KebHund
lvl.1

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-7-5 14:32
We can't tell anything until we can take a look at your log files.  As has been said, Please follow the instructions on this page, upload your file to this page and then copy and post the link to  your information.  

2018-7-7
Use props
KebHund
lvl.1
Czechia

saviour Posted at 2018-7-6 01:07
How high was your drone? It is not recommended to fly close to the water surface with the sensors active because shiny and/or the transparent surface can manipulate the sensors so the drone thinks it is on another height and tries to maintain its height which causes it to suddenly descend. I had something similar where I flew about 1m above a water surface and suddenly the drone tried to land. I could react and get it to safety though.

About 3 - 4 meters above the calm ocean in the early morning.
2018-7-7
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

We need to see the darned log. Those error messages are likely from when the drone hit the water. No, the drone will not swim to the surface and take off, or recover itself if you fly into a tree! 95% chance you f'd up because you did not read the manual. I don't mean to be harsh, but most people on here who crash did not read it. Now me, I read the manual several times and still occasionally do reckless stuff like flying off a condo deck at night in the mountains, flying over vast areas of forest, launching and then flying horizontally over water (due to trees overhead) and needing to bring the drone in manually in sports mode (due to obstacle avoidance freaking out)  between trees at critical low battery. One of these days I am going to screw up and crash, but I promise I will only blame myself and not DJI nor the drone. I do it because it is fun and I like the adrenaline rush. The drone allows me to live on the edge a tiny bit and all I am risking is a bit of plastic and metal, not my personal safety.
Having said all that, I am sorry you crashed doing something so simple and I hope you can get a replacement at low cost. Given you already have the charger, maybe some batteries and a controller, maybe DJI will sell you just the drone at a discount.
2018-7-7
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just because these are "smart drones" does not mean you don't have to worry about anything.  When flying these drones you have to constantly check on the connectivity, GPS connection, wireless connection between the RC and the AC and other little things you have to keep your eye on.  
2018-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules