Focus wheel cable is not compatible
2533 3 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markspen
lvl.1

The cables that came with my Ronin-S don't match the connector on the focus wheel: the cable has two rows of 4 holes, the focus wheel connector has one row of 4 pins. I've attempted to attach photos, not clear if that worked or not.

focus cable

focus cable

focus wheel

focus wheel
Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 1.46.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 1.46.22 PM.png
2018-7-5
Use props
bob_angie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 321519 ft

Hello Mark,

The cable you're holding is not meant to connect directly to the focus wheel, that cable is intended to connect to the port right next to where you mount the camera. There's a little pull tab next to the lock and unlock lever of the quick release, if your camera is compatible, connecting it to that port will allow control with your Ronin-S. the function of the port directly only the focus wheel has not been revealed, I'm sure its purpose will be made available with further accessories.
2018-7-5
Use props
markspen
lvl.1

bob_angie Posted at 2018-7-5 13:45
Hello Mark,

The cable you're holding is not meant to connect directly to the focus wheel, that cable is intended to connect to the port right next to where you mount the camera. There's a little pull tab next to the lock and unlock lever of the quick release, if your camera is compatible, connecting it to that port will allow control with your Ronin-S. the function of the port directly only the focus wheel has not been revealed, I'm sure its purpose will be made available with further accessories.

Aha! Thank you very much!!
2018-7-5
Use props
alexher
lvl.1

Do you have any informations on the external focus motor? I don't see any informations on it and no one from dji.com seems able to communicate a date for the release or a price.
This is a very important feature if you want to be able to use it with others cameras and manual lenses, not listed compatible with the internal focus system.
I'm thinking of buying the Crane 2 which has already this feature available if Dji don't release more infos on this. Would be a shame because the Ronin-s seems better on all others aspect!
2018-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules