New Mavic Pro Firmware Release Notes (07/04/2018)
38530 174 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

0Kajuna0 Posted at 2018-7-15 07:12
Android app updated to 4.2.21. Can't try it right now. Anyone having the video feed problem on .20 can check if .21 solves it? The change log omits the problem.

Same issues for many users in our drone club that tested yesterday. TabS2, Tab S3 (820), S7 phone, A10, Zenpad, Note 4, and a few others. Most common in our club has been the Tab S3 820 which is very high spec and worked flawlessly up until just after the AIR was added. That's the consensus of most in the Android group.

iOS also having some issues. Those with Mini4 tabs like mine along with a few others have confirmed problems of laggy transmission with latest version of App.

Most in these situations assumed perhaps the firmware was the culprit. A good 75% of Android users downgraded to .0200. Same issues with App ver 4.2.20 and 4.2.21. Fine on App 4.2.16 and earlier.
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AziraphaleES Posted at 2018-7-10 01:43
ordinary *.apk does not require any elevated privileges.
i do not think any mavic pilot can be considered an average user, come on, we operate aircraft.
moreover, whoever is not comfortable installing could refrain from, but it should not be the reason NOT to publish *apk.

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll forward this request to the designated team for review.
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

brettkp01 Posted at 2018-7-10 18:47
Has anyone on .0400 been able to review flight logs within DJI Assistant 2? When I try it no longer shows the internal memory as a drive in Windows 10 so I can't download the logs. It can still save the flight data (i think that's what it's called) to a local folder. This takes a while but it isn't the flight logs. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Hi Brett, may I have a screenshot of the issue you referred to? We'd like to see whether we can help.
2018-7-16
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

Can no longer save cache to SD card on MP. Does not find path. Created it's own. Seemed right, but no cache video saving to SD card on device. NOTE8. Worked fine on 0300 and 4.2.16

perhaps the path is messed up. Goes SD/DJI/dji.go4/DJI_Record as always...  something else to sort out
2018-7-16
Use props
Eric SCHEIDECKER
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2906358 ft
Spain

How can I downgrade the app on iOS? Thank you.
2018-7-16
Use props
Eric SCHEIDECKER
lvl.3
Spain

Only one question, if the problem of the video is due to App 4.2.22, and not to the FW, how could you explain that the video fails at the same time on the app ( with iPhone6) and on the Goggles RE?
I was told that the RE are receiving the video directly from the aircraft, in my case the MP.
Another mysterious mystery.
2018-7-16
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

Eric SCHEIDECKER Posted at 2018-7-16 05:40
How can I downgrade the app on iOS? Thank you.

Little more of a trick than Android. Watch this a few times

2018-7-17
Use props
Eric SCHEIDECKER
lvl.3
Spain

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-17 03:23
Little more of a trick than Android. Watch this a few times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziP2SBTzDh0&t=82s

Thank you, it seems that this is the only way.
2018-7-17
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

So looks like to me, judging from comments beginning to emerge, that the "propulsion system improvements" and the new encrypted local storage, same features DJI added to the MA with that units' 0400 FW, is now causing similar yaw and drift issues with the MP/MPP on its 0400 update.

Imagine that, instead of first fixing the common code base (which now seems to be the source of the problem between the two drones) before releasing an update to the MP/MPP, they push out garbage code, and low and behold, introduce similar issues to the MP/MPP!

And continue to compound the problems facing pilots on the Android side of the pond by putting out a version of DJI GO 4 that basically renders the drone useless for many!

Congratulations DJI, keep going down this path, and you might be finding yourself in a courtroom soon if you continue p!ssing off your customers like this!
2018-7-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-17 13:21
So looks like to me, judging from comments beginning to emerge, that the "propulsion system improvements" and the new encrypted local storage, same features DJI added to the MA with that units' 0400 FW, is now causing similar yaw and drift issues with the MP/MPP on its 0400 update.

Imagine that, instead of first fixing the common code base (which now seems to be the source of the problem between the two drones) before releasing an update to the MP/MPP, they push out garbage code, and low and behold, introduce similar issues to the MP/MPP!

And based upon what some have said they are updating from (aka FW .0100); it leads to possible explanation why most have not run into Mavic Pro FW .0400 problems.  They are NOT Updating either out of wisdom or don't see the need.

PS: To DJI - don't count number of downloads as being an indication of number of people upgrading to .0400.  Being some of us have re-downloaded .0400 to be able to say: I already refreshed Firmware!

What is that saying?  There are no old, bold upgraders.  Cause they prematurely die of stress.
2018-7-17
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

Haven't flown my MP for a long time. I checked it with the app and wasn't prompted to update firmware. I guess I have to plug it in to my laptop.
2018-7-18
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74213 ft
Sweden

Now its time for beeing beta tester for DJI , be happy upgrade and please report any bugs and crashes .
2018-7-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tried with 5.5 CS 4.2.20, everything working fine, had lost signal in POI on 4.2.16 last week but that ok now. I see 4.2.21 is now available for Crystalsky. Will try this out tomorrow...
2018-7-18
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft

I am still trying to upgrade to .20 .....  this is the first time in almost two years I have had an issue downloading the FW....
2018-7-18
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft

Finally managed to complete the update ...  will do some test flights over the next few days.
2018-7-18
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Right. Updated from .0300 to .0400 two days ago. iOS 11.4, iPhone 6S Plus
On today's recording I started getting (much more) video stuttering while recording is on (https://forum.dji.com/thread-152322-1-1.html)
I also had a close encounter with a birch tree, which was luckily avoided by the obstacle avoidance system. Here I aligned the shot., so that Mavic would go between two trees. I had LOS and verified the direction Mavic was pointing to on the phone screen. When I started forward movement, Mavic went in a direction slightly off-course from where it was pointing (as if in "course lock" mode), thus ultimately ending up in front of the tree ranches and doing an emergency break. No compass errors were reported, though this smells of a compass error.

If I downgrade through the Assistant back to .0300, would that also downgrade the RC controller version, or is it stuck on .0400?
2018-7-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tried Mavic Pro .400 FW and 4.2.21 on both 5.5 and 7.8 Crystalsky. Everything working well both P & Sport mode , no video lag no signal issues, tried AT , tripod , POI , All working well, video/photo as normal, one thing I have noticed since 0.400 my Mavic Pro seem to be handling better than ever, I have this since the first Mavic pro’s rolled of the production line. It’s hard to beat this craft as a flying machine.
2018-7-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

BumblerBee Posted at 2018-7-19 10:52
Right. Updated from .0300 to .0400 two days ago. iOS 11.4, iPhone 6S Plus
On today's recording I started getting (much more) video stuttering while recording is on (https://forum.dji.com/thread-152322-1-1.html)
I also had a close encounter with a birch tree, which was luckily avoided by the obstacle avoidance system. Here I aligned the shot., so that Mavic would go between two trees. I had LOS and verified the direction Mavic was pointing to on the phone screen. When I started forward movement, Mavic went in a direction slightly off-course from where it was pointing (as if in "course lock" mode), thus ultimately ending up in front of the tree ranches and doing an emergency break. No compass errors were reported, though this smells of a compass error.

Was there an update for RC?
2018-7-19
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-19 11:01
Was there an update for RC?

Yes. After I upgraded the AC through the Assistant, GO was still saying that there was a firmware upgrade still. Checked the versions in the app, and it showed 01.04.0300 for the RC. I the GO run the upgrade (never figured out how to upgrade the RC otherwise), and now the version of the RC is shown as 01.04.0400. GO also ran the full upgrade cycle on AC, even though it was already upgraded to the latest version through the Assistant.
2018-7-19
Use props
djiuser_Z35Ya1ZNGqYW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16037 ft

it's wrong can can return the old version .300 without problem, I just did it because with the version .400 the drone is not stable
2018-7-19
Use props
djiuser_Z35Ya1ZNGqYW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16037 ft

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-6 07:18
You should be able to rollback Mavic Pro firmware to .0100.  I don't know if you can rollback any earlier.

it's wrong can can return the old version .300 without problem, I just did it because with the version .400 the drone is not stable
2018-7-19
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Sweden

Hi , when updated to latest firmware my MP seem to fly unstable. From start it was seriously steering to the left and was in a spin. I had to give full steering to right to compensate for this. After 1 min it stopped and behaved normal again.
Later in the flight I noticed if the drone was left hovering it would slightly turn/spin to the left. Without me doing anything. It also felt like the drone wasn’t as responsive when giving throttle as before.

I’m going abroad tomorrow and was planning for Photogrammetry missions. How do I roll back to earlier versions ?
Yes I done all calibration and reset after update.
There was no wind at all, and maybe thats causing the drone to freak out since it didnt have to counter balance ?

Im in the middle of a rollback on the firmware. Do I need to rollback GS on AppleStore as well ?

Also if thats the case we need a proper way of doing a rollback from AppStore
An Idea is to have all new version be Beta Version , and the regular one be older and stable. Im not joking, Im part of a few beta apps for the drone 3rd party apps , and thats how it works. Really smart but maybe a bit embarrasing for DJI.

Please consider this ! See link below

https://developer.apple.com/testflight/
2018-7-20
Use props
Skybound
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3816 ft
Canada

I have successfully uploaded this firmware update. However, I have tried several times to update the DJI Googles and when updating reaches 29% the googles reboot and updating is unsuccessful. I have tried reloading the software, going Windows and then Mac Then tried a new cord, reloading firmware on the Mavic Pro and controller with battery, and both through the googles and then just hitting the sink buttons, NOTHING works, I get the same result,
2018-7-21
Use props
Skybound
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3816 ft
Canada

#Quick Reply Here#I have had several hours wasted trying to sink my DJI Googles with my Mavic Pro. First, I updated the firmware on the Mavic and controller. Then I tried to sink and the googles would not sink. Next, I tried to update the googles. However, every time I tried the update it failed. At 29% during the update sequence the googles reboot. When the update finishes the message says update was unsuccessful. I called tech support and they had me try several things. First, a new cord, did that. Second check power above 50%, did that. Third, reload the DJI assistant software and call back. Really? I have reloaded the software, tried updating through both windows and Mac, new cords, read tutorials over and over, and still no success. I have also tried just sinking the Mavic with the googles. However, every way I attempted it there was no success. I have confirmed the Mavic and controller were updated. I also even tried doing all three together, but no success. Then I reloaded the update to the Mavic and controller again and went through the process a few more times. No success.  Are the googles just defective? I bought them several months ago and have had them in the box until just now. I am hoping that this problem has been identified and there is a solution. After 10 hours of trying a different solution I give up. Please help.
2018-7-21
Use props
Yflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2030272 ft

I upgraded to the latest firmware and this latest firmware makes my MP fly like my old Spark. My friend and I were flying our MP's this morning and we have the same problem. We always get no signal from 3000 feet to 4000 feet. We have been flying on this park on a weekly basis and we can usually go as far as 3 km and maybe more if we really push it but this morning is a different story. I am using my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and my friend is using his 2017 Ipad. I'm also getting pixelation on my screen.
Can I go back to the previous firmware? According to DJI, you cannot roll back one the firmware is updated to .400. Can it be done or my MP will fly like my old Spark? The reason why I got rid of the Spark is it's unstable. Now, my MP is the same.
2018-7-21
Use props
Never fly faster than your angle can
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3044747 ft
Netherlands

after first flights the batteries will not charge...all three packs have one green blicking LED....dji please reply
2018-7-22
Use props
Never fly faster than your angle can
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3044747 ft
Netherlands

cancel that prevoius post...held battery button down on connecting charger and all is fine agsin
2018-7-22
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

I updated once from Assistant 2, once that was successfully completed, I connected to the app and it required to update the firmware again. 2 wasted hours. Have not tried flying it yet.
2018-7-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

fansb8b222f3 Posted at 2018-7-20 02:14
Hi , when updated to latest firmware my MP seem to fly unstable. From start it was seriously steering to the left and was in a spin. I had to give full steering to right to compensate for this. After 1 min it stopped and behaved normal again.
Later in the flight I noticed if the drone was left hovering it would slightly turn/spin to the left. Without me doing anything. It also felt like the drone wasn’t as responsive when giving throttle as before.

Please consider this ! See link below
https://developer.apple.com/testflight/
That would be Redudant.  DJI already has Beta test program with testers - that be us.
2018-7-22
Use props
jojo-MavicPro
lvl.4
Italy

Using DJI assistant on pc connected to rc and with MP on, you can downgrade firmware to earlier version. App doesnt need to be downgraded. Now its stable again its seems.
2018-7-23
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft

When DJI test this firmware is it done in china?  I wonder if there is some reason for it giving so much trouble when installed in other Countries.  So many stories like mine of instability in 0400 on the MP that don't exist in 0300.
2018-7-23
Use props
Uax4It
lvl.1
United States

Samsung App Update must remove old app reinstall this one  https://adhoc-cn.dji.net/show_ap ... o-4-4-2-16-6bmoy7mh
2018-7-23
Use props
jrmrz645
lvl.1
United States

dronerover Posted at 2018-7-7 10:16
I updated the firmware  and android app yesterday and since the updates the videos feed is extremely pixelated and I have lost connection a couple of time. I am having the same issue with both my home and tablet.  Nothing I have tried seems to help.

This problem is moire prevalent that we think. If you go to other forums ie. Mavic pilot, just abaut every one using an Android phone or tablet have the same problem. I received my MP just a couple of week before the latest update, it worked fine. After the update I can't use the Android phone nor the tablet.  I have flown the MP just 3 times but without any feedback device. I will going back to .16 after today
2018-7-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Rockbyter Posted at 2018-7-23 13:09
When DJI test this firmware is it done in china?  I wonder if there is some reason for it giving so much trouble when installed in other Countries.  So many stories like mine of instability in 0400 on the MP that don't exist in 0300.

... is some reason for it giving so much trouble when installed in other Countries.
When DJI test this firmware is it done in china?

The joke tells itself.

PS: Nothing against you.

2018-7-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jrmrz645@Gmail.com Posted at 2018-7-23 16:50
This problem is moire prevalent that we think. If you go to other forums ie. Mavic pilot, just abaut every one using an Android phone or tablet have the same problem. I received my MP just a couple of week before the latest update, it worked fine. After the update I can't use the Android phone nor the tablet.  I have flown the MP just 3 times but without any feedback device. I will going back to .16 after today

If you look carefully back at FW release for Mavic Pro, 100, 200, 300, all of these FW releases were dogged with similar issues, and so far 0.400 seem like it has been a lot more successful than previous 3 updates,
So I’m thinking this is mainly down to device being used and dji go 4 app, but I’m not sure if rolling back FW is going to make any real progress.
2018-7-24
Use props
Reaverman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 249029 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm posting this here. But if this is the wrong area, please let me know and I'll delete it.

I left updating my Mavic until today, when I eventually received my Racing Edition Goggles. The goggles have updated without a hitch, then the Mavic. But when it came to updating the RC unit, the update fails. This was done via the DJI assistant tool on the PC. So I then tried repeating the process again with the DJI App on Android, and again it fails the update. Any suggestions?

Should I roll back the update, and then reattempt?
2018-7-24
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>

0Kajuna0 Posted at 2018-7-5 19:22
Thanks for the update. No news about the SRT Data accuracy problem?https://forum.dji.com/thread-140031-1-1.html

What about the sharpness vs noise reduction problem?

Release notes say 4.2.20 for android; and 4.2.22 for iOS.  My app on Android says it's at 4.2.21 as of about 12 or 13 July.
2018-7-24
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>

sica Posted at 2018-7-6 01:48
It is absurd for dji to announce the launch of version 4.2.22 Android when it does not exist in the google store. Give the impression that the dji team lied users!

Release notes say 4.2.20 for android and 4.2.22 for iOS.  My android app is now at 4.2.21.
2018-7-24
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>

Doots Posted at 2018-7-6 12:17
Lied? What would they be trying to achieve with lying about the app version?! Couldn't have just been an honest mistake, typo, or that the app just hasn't shown up in the app store. It must be a LIE!
Are you a big Alex Jones fan?

Release notes say  android  4.2.20  and iOS 4.2.22.  My DJIGO4 android app is now at 4.2.21
2018-7-24
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>

dronerover Posted at 2018-7-7 10:16
I updated the firmware  and android app yesterday and since the updates the videos feed is extremely pixelated and I have lost connection a couple of time. I am having the same issue with both my home and tablet.  Nothing I have tried seems to help.

I have also experienced disconnects on 3 of the next 4 flights.

Also on my original Mavic Pro (about 2 yrs old).  I had a battery update, on the first battery, then not on the second, then again on the third.  Later in TX I flew and was sitting there hovering when screen on my Crystalsky greyed out, and reported aircraft disconnect.  Then I heard a loud WHACK as my drone hit the pavement in front of me, having dropped straight down from 83 feet.  I saw the bounce and the battery popped out, All 4 propellers shattered to some extent, the left front antennae leg broke off.  The battery showed no damage and about 50 -75% power.  It recharged OK.

I don't know if a several incidents with the drone hitting a  wall, or crashing into tree leaves might have loosened up a connection, or the battery got a bad update, or something else.  My niece was flying with me looking over her shoulder and we were looking straight down and could see the spot where the drone eventually hit.

I thought about buying a new Mavic  Pro 2 if it were announced, then decided to get a
a new Mavic pro.  I updated, and then flew it with no problems with the new battery and two others (not the one that crashed) in Estes Park with no problems except disconnects..  Looks like not waiting for MP2 was a good idea.  Plus Estes Park is beautiful.  We had Elk that grazed their way through the cabins area.  Some cool shots.

I will test the battery that popped out now that I am home in Ohio.  by taking off and then hovering over the grass at about 2 feet till I hit low battery.
2018-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules